1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden Deal could culminate quickly!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puppet Master, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

finally the thread appears

@J.R.

sirjesse, whiskeyred and J.R. like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rebuild time!!! Let’s go!!!

in Stone and Tilman we trust

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Nets have prepared a package to Houston for Harden featuring all of their four future first-round picks and three future pick swaps, multiple sources said. This would place significant pressure on the team to win immediately and the potential partnership between two former star teammates in Harden and Kevin Durant. Nets general manager Sean Marks and his front office have built an impactful culture around their players, and have been able to keep strong future flexibility in the process. For the Nets, there could be hesitation to mortgage future assets with this type of ferocity. Brooklyn does not owe any extra firsts or have any owed to it, so it has four firsts and three swaps available.

The Nets (6-6) entered this season with great expectations and title-contending hopes, but the combination of Kyrie Irving’s continued absence (personal reasons) and Kevin Durant’s week-long absence (COVID protocol) that ended with a win over Denver last night has been challenging. The timing would be perfect for a player like Harden to come aboard, but the Nets could still be hesitant to mortgage so many future assets.

The Rockets have pursued a 76ers package centered on All-NBA star Ben Simmons, sources said. Boston and Toronto have also expressed interest at various points. Simmons, a two-time All-Star, has continued to grow his game on the defensive end of the floor. As far as star talent, the Rockets would be able to acquire a player in Simmons whose talent level may not be available elsewhere.

Daryl Morey, the 76ers’ new head of basketball operations, has a long history with Harden, and Philadelphia’s interest has been well known. The 24-year-old is averaging 12.6 points, 8.5 rebounds and 7.5 assists through 10 games this season.

One player whom the Rockets and 76ers have discussed in potential packages is 2019 first-round pick Matisse Thybulle, with Houston having interest in the defensive-minded forward, sources said. The Rockets have had a steep asking price from all interested teams, and the threshold for Philadelphia — and other contenders — to give up one or multiple first-round picks with young assets is unclear.

Harden informed the Rockets prior to training camp that he wanted a trade to a contender elsewhere, and the 76ers and Nets were atop his list of preferred destinations, sources said. That list has grown significantly since, sources said, but Brooklyn and Philadelphia appear to remain the focus.

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Harden's gonna have to go on a crash Weight Watchers regimen

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I would bail if I were you and go back to the Knicks. That would be the smart business move.

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

What do the Rockets get back as far as salary in a Nets deal? If they could get a bunch of picks from the Nets and Kyrie, AND flip Kyrie immediately to a team like Miami for Herro + picks, I'm interested.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden will remove his fat suit and reveal 6 pack abs the minute he’s traded out of Houston

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Deckard and donkeypunch like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Is Kyrie in the package? Would help explain why he went AWOL.

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ben Simmons is now possible? 790 Says this, wow?

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah I would love that

14. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Let it be clear.

4 first round picks and 3 pick swaps > Simmons.

15. donkeypunch

Do. Not. Want.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Hopefully we get a slew of offers in as teams realize Harden is their only chance to really make a significant difference for this season and the next.

hakeem94 and Plowman like this.
  17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I can’t seen them giving up Irving; I’m sure they want a big 3.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

If Kyrie is not int this package, I dont care about their picks that they are offering. Offer Kyrie AND THE PICKS. Otherwise, do not trade him to the Nets.

Plowman and ak99999 like this.
  19. donkeypunch

Did anybody take @Nimo up on his tip jar bet?

Nimo likes this.
  20. vator

vator Contributing Member

I hope this happens TODAY. We may be bad after this trade, but we are completely outmatched as things stand. At least we'll have closure and hopefully, a new course can be set. Silas can start actually trying to build this team and hopefully it doesn't look like crap. I'd like to be able to root for my team again without this dark cloud hovering over it. I feel the same way about the Texans. You don't trade a player like Deshaun Watson, but if it comes to that so be it. Get as much as you can and move on. Damn...I wish we had better owners...