1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Trump Impeachment Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. malakas

malakas Member

Freedom of Speech : Calling for a coup

Threatening senators: So what thats politics!

Quotes from GOP rep from California giving his speech.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I agree both sides are at fault .

I think the Dems bear about 5% responsibility and the Reps account for the other 95%

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Darn democrats... hogging all the best parts of the government... and not being magnanimous about it...

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

6. Nook

Nook Member

No, the votes in the senate are not there. However it forces Republicans to take a finite position on President Trump and that will follow them around for the rest of their careers. No more of the Lindsay Graham's of the world with bull **** sentiments the day of the storming of the Capitol but back on AF1 less than a week later with Trump.

It forces cowards to take a position and they have to live with their decision.

Hakeemtheking, ryan_98, BigM and 4 others like this.
  7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

these people are disgusting still trying to give trump a pass. i hate these mofos so much

malakas, Andre0087 and tmoney1101 like this.
  8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I hate all this grandstanding bullshit dude. There’s very few people in politics I actually want to hear from.

9. AB

AB Contributing Member

LOl.. he takes one line from Trump's incoherent ramble and asks what is wrong. Trump talked about pretty much all his grievances after those words.

Add a line 'Milk is white' to essentially boat load of crap.
    Then his enablers can go around saying.. Look, he said 'Milk is white' so he is right. Unbelievable!!!

mdrowe00, malakas and icewill36 like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Sure he didn't say "MAGA enmity"?

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

stay active, my friend. I'm angry too and will participate in the 2022 campaign in a way I never would have before. As many of these traitors and outright liars as possible -- those who swore loyalty to a political mafia man instead of our country -- need to lose important elected positions.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The adults in the room are not prone to outrage and temper tantrums like the crazies on the right. There is plenty of anger and outrage but we focused it on voting as it should be in a civilized society.

Again punish those responsible and then push the agenda we voted you in to do. Let the psychos continue to threaten and riot if they want. Let them get thrown in prison and continue to create additional evidence that right wing terrorism is the greatest threat to our country.

CometsWin, Nook, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

the best republicans in the House... but I guess the qanon gun nuts were busy.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

They should have a korba kai style karate fight before every vote in the house.

mikol13, Xerobull and Nook like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Why aren't Americans more concerned?

Well, it is largely because America has always been a very insulated country with no real worries of this type.

No matter what happens, the system of government and the economy has always fixed it.

The worst thing to happen on US soil in over 150 years was 9-11, which was terrible but took on epic proportions in the USA because nothing else bad from external forces ever happens in the USA.

Second, I don't think Americans really believe that a "coup" would ever happen here....... this is seen by a lot of people as 30-50K losers out of a country of 330 million that have nothing better to do that cause problems, and if it ever became a problem the police would come in and arrest everyone.

Last, protests and guns and to an extent guns are part of the US culture. The US always has protests and there are always extremists on the fringe.

It is a very flawed view, and it can potentially be dangerous.... but that is just the reality of it........ after this happened Americans still went to work, came home.... spent money, lived like lazy Romans and nothing changed........... it is a trite saying but the USA really is a lot like the Roman empire.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I noticed that some people seem to be fixating on one line in the Trump speech that mentioned marching and peacefully protesting buried in there among the remaining 99% of fiery lies and rhetoric. That one sentence talking about peacefully protesting went unheard imo because of the rest of his speech and the speeches that came before that all calling for "fight", "trial by combat", and "taking names and kicking ass" among other inciteful rhetoric. To think we should let this president off the hook because he mentioned "peacefully" one time in his speech while talking about "fighting like hell" and "you'll lose your country" is asinine. And, now we have the Republican House members up there saying anything they can come up with to excuse this behavior as a culmination of events caused by Democrats that led to this insurrection attempt. They are talking about unifying while they divisively continue to push their grievances against Democrats. They are essentially trying to excuse the president's behavior and excuse the insurrection. Shame on them.

CometsWin, AB and mdrowe00 like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

No!
    Votes are for times of peace. Not against treason coups and terrorism.

When you allow these terrorists to harass and threaten to kill politicians without any response by the real americans it gives them even more impunity and empowers them. They believe they are the majority.
    I don't say to attack them. I say to stand up to them.
    Where are the protests? There should be protests to show to the Congress that real americans are ready to protect their democracy.

Democracy can't be protected in the parliament. It needs the streets.

18. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...none of them are that clever.

...and you're trying too hard, Buck.

...nobody's topping "...Gravy Seals..."...

...and who would want to?

...it goes great on everything!;)

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just repeatedly asking his online followers to "fight" and repeating the problematic phrase "stop the steal" is bad enough to me. We would never accept another president acting that way. Not to be a word nerd, but he kept using imperative voice, for weeks. That means giving orders to "fight" and "stop" (the orderly transition of power). He was the chief executive giving literal orders to his followers -- I don't see any reason to sugar coat it.

If you think a legit president whom you love is giving you legit commands, well heck yeah you'll do what you can to "fight" (um, democracy) and "stop" (er, Trump's court-upheld election loss).

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Watching these slimy sycophants is nauseating.