1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hopefully he'll be on the phone looking for a new job soon. Lulz

HP3, J Sizzle and tycoonchip like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oh for the love of God, not this guy again

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Another ghost written hit piece by Tilman. Did he go to Northwestern before running his mob empire? /s

jiggyfly and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

http://assets.espn.go.com/nba/news/1999/0929/85794.html
    Pippen was offering no apologies Wednesday and reiterated that he wants to play elsewhere, preferably for the Lakers and Phil Jackson. ... "He's a very selfish guy," Pippen said of Barkley. "He doesn't show the desire to want to win. That's my reason for wanting to get away from playing with him anymore because he just doesn't show the dedication. ... I'm a guy that's dedicated to winning, and I put out a lot of effort on the court. I expect that from my teammates, especially from a guy of his caliber. You know he's not willing to go the distance. There's no reason for me to put my last three or four years at risk of never winning."

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You can't say I make zero sense but then say Lebron's team got clowned...in the finals...if Harden's team got clowned IN THE FINALS it would be an improvement.

He left Cleveland in worse shape? Yeah, I'm sure Cleveland fans don't appreciate the sole championship he brought to their franchise.

fchowd0311 and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm curious as to what they will be doing with him the rest of the season. I imagine this was a 'Trade me RIGHT NOW' plea because it's going to be awkward in that lockerroom with him around. How do you play with guys you just said aren't good enough for you?

People are defending it because it's Harden and I've learned we have some people that are more Harden fans than Rocket fans.

If you are hoping the Rockets suck after trading Harden...you are a Harden fan, not an actual Rocket fan.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That is why you never take moments for granted. I've enjoyed the Harden era a whole bunch. I would of kept Mike D around and whatever to keep Harden happy as well. It's a huge shame that Harden is not going to retire a Rocket. I know fans focus on championships, and obviously we all want for our teams to win championships, I wanted one real bad. Even though we didn't win a championship under Harden, the next best thing was to be competitive all these years and have a chance, and it was so much fun. I was hoping to keep Harden around even once it was worthless and we were threading water for a few years.

I'm a Rockets fans and always will be, but personally I am a huge Harden fan as well and I'm disappointed how this will all end.

HP3 and Bo6 like this.
  10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The time is now to trade Harden or else this season is a waste. We have to get some great value for him but you hate to say that trading him at this point for a couple of basketballs would be good as it would be your classic addition by subtraction.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

But tangibly they don't do very well on the court scoring or defending. I don't feel like anyone is on the same page as anyone. Obviously Harden is a huge distraction, but nothing has looked right

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the season is salvageable once Harden is gone.

HP3 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's not even salvageable with him here

REEKO_HTOWN and Manny Ramirez like this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

God damnit not this BraBra dude again.

Stone is just a puppet of Tilman.

15. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is frightening.

This is such a sad ending.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

How much due to Harden vs Silas vs Tilman is wonderful to debate but bottom line is you have a mess and not a clear road to clean it up.

Salis has a big problem now.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Probably not.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

These sports writers aren't holding back on this diva I like it.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We already suck with Harden on the team, that's why most of us want to move on. If we were on our way to the playoffs I would be pissed if Harden wanted out. If we are heading to the lottery either way, let's do it with new blood.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Rockets4Life13

They played one game without harden and we won that game

DonKnock likes this.