1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Taking on Tua is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Dont take him back if you decide to deal Deshaun to MIA - let them deal with that carnival and just pick your guy with #3 and move on.

Tua aint it.

UTSA2step and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Per a source in the building: it is more likely that Deshaun would be moved than for Easterby to be removed. Easterby has installed his culture into the owner and they are digging in their heels on building a culture of faith. Caserio is a part of this too and will do what he sees is necessary to build that culture of 1st class and faith.

Synopsis: Easterby has won. It's over. This only ends with Deshaun leaving.

4. Fantasma Negro

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Is this per you and your source or someone on twitter? Can't tell these days. Anyways, to trade Deshaun Watson who is likely one of the better people in the NFL is just crazy when you are trying to create a "culture of 1st class and faith". It is ridiculous to think that a football team should be built this way anyways but to trade a person and player of Deshaun's caliber completely undermines that attempt. Just laughable if true but nothing would surprise me anymore. I think Easterby cucks with McNair's wife.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe God will smite Easterby to save the Texans and he'll quit.

7. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

This
    This is from someone in scouting. I'm just here passing along the information. People dont realize that this all boils down to indoctrination of faith. The owner has been indoctrinated. They honestly believe that they are doing the Lord's work. They truly believe and value their culture over winning. They have told that to employees and have acted on it. See moves like the Hopkins deal. They valued David Johnson because of his faith. Same with Cooks. Look at their press conference with Caserio. The transcript is available. They mention culture over 6 times. They never mentioned the Superbowl.

I'm not going to tell you what you should do. What I will tell you is Deshaun will get his way out of here before the team can shift away from this cult mentality. The ONLY way this gets changed is in the sales department. If they start having trouble selling season tickets, which won't happen, they will consider making a culture change.

UTSA2step likes this.
  8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

whelp... thanks for starting off my day with a punch in the nuts.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Exactly the point I've been making as well. This became clear to me when Amy Palcic was let go because she was no longer "a cultural fit" with the organization. Now that smells of Easterby who didn't like the fact that she didn't fit his definition of a good, submissive Christian woman (hand maiden) - one who dared to have a mind of her own (support Biden for President). The entire hiring of Korn Ferry to conduct the search for a GM was nothing more than a poorly executed PR hoax on Texans' fans. You're right: this organization isn't about professional football all - it's about establishing a white evangelical Christian theocracy. So while the Colts, Titans and even Jags are focusing on NFL football, the Texans will be looking for guys who'll fit their definition of good Christian athletes. And that's more important to Easterby and Cal than winning.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

All these sources lol. Until I see “Watson has asked to be traded” then I will worry.

Buck Turgidson, Rudyc281 and whag00 like this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]
    Deshaun is still reppin the city

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Thanks for the info. We all have heard since B'oB's trade of Hopkins that they want high character players. Not anything really new but to not even mention a Super Bowl or championship during the Caserio press conference borders on the line of removal of the owner. This is a football team, not a church. Deshaun would be wise to get his ass out of town if this is truly all that matters. Good luck finding 53 players on a football team all have the same thoughts about religion, etc. Good luck finding 53 people in the whole world let alone in an organization that all believe in the same thing. This is just mind boggling and I fear it is the absolute truth with this organization.

If it is true, they will 100% lose out on tons of tickets sales especially the second they trade Deshaun Watson who has done nothing but be great for this city and fans since he has been here. If this is truly about "faith" then losing out on ticket sales won't matter either right since money isn't important when you have "faith"? At one point do we have a legitimate gripe and what is our recourse as fans to force an owner that is in a cult to sell the team?

UTSA2step and raining threes like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I could believe the indoctrination aspect for sure. The thing that’s hard to believe is Watson not being a cultural fit. He’s super religious himself. As was Dabo.
    I think Deshaun just sees the fraud that Easterby is.

14. awc713

awc713 Member

Why exactly do they have to make football religious? Very off-putting. You’re not a church!

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

only a matter of time

ReturnOfTheMac and BMoney like this.
  16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This is the same crock of **** every fan has been chirping since the 610 call from last night.

You don’t have a source.

And Easterbay would be gone the second that Watson asked for it, so stop kidding yourself.

Fulgore likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. raining threes

Just remember the poster you replied to has gotten the Texans offseason plans with BOB in charge correct.

jakedasnake likes this.
  19. raining threes

I think Watson probably said,

Oh God a couple of times down in Cabo.

cmoak1982 likes this.