1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wall: If you have certain guys that don’t want to buy in, it’s hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

This isn't a "bad equivalency"... This is your lack of comprehension... I already said there are multiple ways to lead... If you think Harden hasn't led his team here during his tenure in certain ways... then you simply don't get it... And yes results do matter because this isn't simply about optics, but how effective you are when talking about whose better.... There was and has been way more valid criticism of Wall as leader in Washington than Harden in Houston during their respective careers.

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wall didn't get shafted. Wall's shooting is still terrible. What happened to those off season videos where he was making 3's. Rockets got shafted? Tillman obviously doesn't care enough about keeping James Harden on this team if he's not going to even discuss who to place as GM. There shouldn't have been a debate as to who will coach the team. It should have all gone through Harden. Tillman has no idea what to do with a basketball franchise. The man thinks he's above the franchise player?
    Silas has no idea how to run the defense. Hornacek has never accomplished anything as a coach. We also don't have players on the wing worth a damn.
    The only people I feel bad for in this situation are the fans. They invested their hopes and dreams into this franchise. They invested money on jerseys, shoes and some memorabilia. Tickets to watch games. League pass subscriptions. I don't blame Harden though. The man played through injuries. Put on a show night in and night out.
    James Harden just proved what we all knew Fertitta has no business owning an NBA team and Rockets fans now have to suffer.

RHU525 likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. csc177

csc177 Member

Exactly....But you’ll have people saying it’s hardens ankle ....no he’s checked the hell out - you have to cut ties and get folks that want to be here - if we suck so be it - i’d rather watch a rebuild of guys that are hungry than this trash product that’s taken the floor the last handful of games.

....queue the “can’t be fixed” headlines

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry, John, you're 30 and not 100%.

That's an albatross contract to get rid of itself.

You meant well.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not good or consistent enough to carry a team in the West.

He is not even Brad Beal.

I liked the enthusiasm though.

Might as well get some picks and finally rebuild.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. csc177

csc177 Member

Add Wall/Cousins to the list of players 13s rubbed the wrong way.

Hoping this reignites trade talks - this team is divided, locker room fractured and just a bad product to watch.

Appreciate the good times 13; but it’s time to move on

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Johnny Gill > Harden

csc177 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

John is not a superstar, questionable Allstar after injuries.

He is screwed, he can only rely on some of his quickness.

Move on.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Well now it’s out. Finally

Ever since Harden came back from his “injury” (injured ego) he has been trash. Not being aggressive, passive and lazy. His iso haven’t even been good barely any step backs and they look slow. His attitude everything changed after that missed game.

some may call it a conspiracy but whatever. It might not be right but it seems like someone told Harden to stop playing well. Just went it seemed like the team was clicking and meshing. harden suddenly missed a game. We have seen Harden twist his ankle many times. He had shown the next game and he had kept playing.

The good part was seeing the team without Harden and that that team can at least make the playoff. At least 8 seed if they start winning some games.

I’d never imagined I would say we should sit or bench Harden but he should. Just to wait for the best offer and so he doesn’t get hurt. His value isn’t as high as we wished.
    We preferred he was happy and giving the team a change with the new coach and system. But he isn’t and won’t.

now that is out there we gotta make those moves the Rockets need to do.

We should trade PJ Tucker. One of my fav guys just because he isn’t helping and isn’t playing well. He is on the starting line up and barely makes more than 5 points. Plus he is also siding with Harden and wants more money. He wants like 15-18m ridiculous for what he is doing right now.

Also we need to trade Gordon even if it’s just to free that cap. He isn’t doing much and doesn’t look happy. They might wait since we might need another scorer but if we are trading Harden soon we should move from Eric as well.

We should also trade House

trade Clemons packaged with ones of those players or Harden.

I am liking what everyone else is doing. Giving some effort even if they haven’t play much time together. The energy from Tate, Brown and David is contagious.

I’m sure Stone is ready to make the deal but he was waiting for Harden to give the team a chance. Wish he never did. Maybe tried one or two games and like Calvin said He quit.

hope somehow we can get Buddy even if he is getting paid a lot more than Eric. would be nice to get MPJ too.

I wouldn’t sent pj with Harden. Philly barely wants to give anything for Harden. I’m sure they would try to rob us more if we traded them together.

ilias likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The idea that coming back from 25 will be his second half of nearly every game can be frustrating.

Rocket River

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was wondering about this
    What exactly looked similar between Dallas's offense
    And ours?
    Since Silas was the creator of both

Rocket River

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

1, I think it was a team effort of coaches first and foremost.
    Silas was a cog in a machine.

2, I can only think of Wood acting like Porzingis when he shoots.
    Porz has defensive talents Wood does not have.

Luka as controversial as he is here on this board is more versatile at this point than Harden.

He is the brain of the Offense, has a bag of tricks.

He also has been less eccentric despite being horribly young.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We got Riley on the phone yet?

15. hakeemthagreat

Na, Silas didn't make James fat & outta playing shape. Harden can't even dribble the ball at times and is committing lazy turnovers again. The system is designed for him to play like Luka did last season, and right now James ain't close to Luka

ak99999 likes this.
  16. csc177

csc177 Member

Thx, now this song will be in my head all day.

tinman likes this.
  17. csc177

csc177 Member

Key thing is Harden did get hurt and it rattled him. He’ll be in cruise control until traded.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LOL,

at this point you still believe the Rockets season isn’t over?

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Live update from CF poster mentioned Stone absolutely got a steal in the Wall trade.

20. csc177

csc177 Member

Queue the Harden stans....

RasaqBoi likes this.