1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson slams organization

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Jan 12, 2021.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Leasterby texted that so he wouldnt have to fight off any outside candidates that threatened his job safety.

[​IMG]

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I support Deshaun completely. He should be furious about the Texans decision making. What I don’t understand is why you sign the deal? The Texans shouldn’t trade Deshaun no matter what. He signed.

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Just imagine if Deshaun was there during the time Andre and Nuk were playing...

A man can dream.

Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  5. blackistan

blackistan Member

Can someone post this article for non subscribers would love to see what Mr Texan McLain has to say..dude is always trying to support and defend what the texans do

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Legends. If only Dre had him at qb yikes.

gatsby, donkeypunch and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Deshaun on that 2011 and 2012 team. SB champs

Fiah, JamesC and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

If McNair has ANY brains whatsoever, fire Easterby tomorrow. Should have been done the day Bob was fired, but it has to happen now.

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Article is not behind a paywall for me. But the article doesn’t say anything really other than the inevitable sh*t storm that is coming if Caserio/Cal don’t do something. Of course he does not mention what they have to do in typical Pancakes fashion.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So many options, so much time on those naked boots. He wouldve made Kevin Walter a pro bowler.

UTSA2step, Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  11. blackistan

blackistan Member

I'm still confused on how this organization could screw up the relationship with an elite QB who they had been searching and hoping for since their existence and when they finally get him they find a way to screw it up. Only in Houston. I used to complain back in the Kubiak-Smith days about ownership but fans always continued to support the team by selling out games. We are on the brink of losing the only elite QB we've ever had and if Watson does formally ask for a trade I really hope fans, sponsors, season ticket holders etc don't support this team so that ownership is forced to act in favor of their QB and fans. I know its a long shot but I hope new ownership emerges somehow from all of this turmoil.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Dre doesn't play. He's put his rep as the Texans sole Ring of Honoree on the line to back DW and the players. Gotta fire Easterbunny or he has to resign, anything else means we're blowing it up and trading DW, JJ and others.

mikol13, gatsby, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  13. conquistador#11

And the Rockets meet up wasn't a coincidence. It was Dre saying yeah, I said it. I'm from the U what you gonna do?

gatsby, Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Interesting all this comes out then they request an interview with EB.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Easterby (and McNair's) worst nightmare. With Andre in Deshaun's ear telling him he needs to get Easterby fired, only thing Easterby can do is be in Cal's ear and tell him to trade Deshaun for the best package he can get. He's probably hyping up Tua and the #3 pick right now. About how God told him that Tua and Devonta Smith will take the Texans back to the top of the AFC South and how much money McNair can save.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

How did Jack Easterby get hated by Texans players so much?

When he was with the Patriots, he was universally LOVED by everyone on the team. Seriously read this

How does this make any sense?

17. blackistan

blackistan Member

Well the Pats didn't put the dude in charge of player personnel or whatever role he has with the Texans which is something he's not qualified for. Thats the difference between the organizations. Our team doesn't have a competent owner the Pats knew what they were doing and kept Easterbunny in his place.

18. UTSA2step

UTSA2step Member

Exactly! It sounds like he saw an opportunity, and took it. He started to realize that some of the “important people” were starting to listen and he was gaining their trust. Then he got greedy and abused the trust for selfish gain. Ego is a motherf*cker...

19. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Patriot way stigma .. dont want it here
    Easterby didn't have near the power he has now. In NE, he merely existed .. here he actually has the ear of the owner and is hell bent on maintaining his power.

gucci888 likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There's probably a lot of blame falling on Easterby that is unwarranted to be honest. The situation was toxic with Obrien and Gaine and then Easterby plugged in as a non-personnel guy. So he got a lot of that poo on him is my guess.

I don't know what he has or hasn't done in that building, but to be fair to him, from the minute he got here John Lopez and the people at 610 were slandering him and mocking almost daily. That kind of creates a self fulfilling snowball of a prophecy. Now it's literally every bad thing that has happened he is blamed for.

And honestly, when things get toxic, people who present themselves as being righteous are VERY EASY to hate.

Regardless, it's not fixable now.

awc713 likes this.