1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Jan 12, 2021.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

"Tuck your shirts in and lets get to work."

Mr Woods likes this.
  2. sheb

sheb Member

Boycott Landry’s

Tankeio likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Harden is so wrong but but whatever you can't argue with a narcissist. Trade his ass to Timbuktu for all I care.

Doing all you can doesn't include, showing up out of shape, showing up late to meetings, having travel schedules cater to your every need, including cancelling practices cause team is in LA or NY, trading away CP3 and other star players, signing your "friends" to the roster, game 6 vs Clippers, game 6 vs Spurs, chasing MVPs instead of focusing on the team, not playing defense for years, there are many more but whatever. Point is, he didn't do all he could.

RasaqBoi and RoyalGuard like this.
  4. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I'm mad at Harden, but I'm mad as hell with Morey and super angry with Fertitta, they made a joke of the team we care for

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

See you when we retire the jersey.

raining threes likes this.
  6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Trade him now the more he sulks and mails it in the worse value we get in return.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't appreciate players who quit......if he went out guns blazing and played hard until he is traded sure - but right now this is Tmac all over again.

DD

8. markiboy

markiboy Member

Im fine trading Harden. Appreciate all the greatness he gave while he was here

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Appreciation threads should only be made once a player leaves. This is a lame attention grab.

kjayp and Rocket River like this.
  10. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I'm amazed he actually gave it a go for a few games. Turned out Morey, Dantoni, and Westbrook had the right idea by bailing from this **** show right off the bat.

HP3 likes this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Don’t be bitter dawg, It was a decent run. Not Great but a good run.

12. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Right now I rather have Vernon Maxwell come out of retirement than James Harden.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Tracy couldn’t get out of the first round.

Rocket River and raining threes like this.
  14. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Bill was actually a good commentator back then. Now he just complains about calls non-stop which is annoying even for homers.

Mr Woods and HP3 like this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not bitter at all. I care about my team and he doesn't so he gotta go. Logically simple really.

16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

So what if we aren't a championship team right now, he should play out his contract like a professional. This is similar to Iguodala last season. When you sign a contract for 40 million dollars a year, that's enough. There are not contracts that stipulate that you get to win every year too. Harden can play out his contract and then sign with the Lakers or whoever for the league minimum. He chose to take one of the richest contracts on the table.

Most of the teams that have won a ring in the last few years have had superstars that have taken a little less than they were worth to surround them with a good team. Harden chose the money. I can't feel bad for a guy who just made over 500k in one night for 36 minutes of work. Anyone else in any other industry would be criticized for being tone deaf.

People are losing loved ones and are out of work and this guys biggest problem is 500k a night and not being number 1 in a game. This is the stuff that makes me not want to watch the NBA anymore. It's not a league anymore, it's that park you got to ball and the 5 best players stack their team by sitting games or picking up the best players off the losing team to play next. There is no ethics. Its run by Nike and Agents. I'm guilty of turning a blind eye for a while, bu this cra p has been happening to smaller franchises for a while. It's sickening.

17. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

It was a great run compared to the **** shows 15 years before he arrived and probably the 15 after he's gone.

HP3 likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Rockets were fine before Harden, competed in a tough west conference. Had a duo that had championship potential in Yao-Tmac, moved on because of injuries, had a gritty team that was respectable after, moved on to Harden. Rest is history.

I know some people think Harden is bigger than the franchise, he's not. We'll be fine after him.

19. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Missed the playoffs for 8 out of 15 seasons, one second round berth, injury prone superstars, perpetual 9th seed for 3 years straight. You have a very weird definition of "fine".

ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And you have a very weird definition of "****show"

But hey, yeah, **** all over players like Yao who did nothing but give his all for the team until he literally couldn't play anymore. Some of yall act like the Rockets just didn't exist until Harden came here.

ROCK3TM4N likes this.