1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wall: If you have certain guys that don’t want to buy in, it’s hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 12, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not at all. I can't believe so many people think it's fine to quit on a team 3-6 or that you can't criticize a player for doing so.

Like man, I get it when teams are 10 games out of the playoffs and counting their lottery balls, but this team could literally win their next 3 games and be right in the mix for a homecourt seed.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

Dwight, CP3, and Westbrook. thats THREE. Add John Wall and that makes it four. Dude has issues

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

At least he's trying.

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

James "ole" Harden is just not that guy. He ain't even baby a Lebron... Even I have to admit Lebron's done more with less. I mean we did get him off OKC's bench to start him probably why it's never been done before. Morey with the fools gold again.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

With all this hoopla going on with Harden, I love how Wall is navigating this. He has said everything I expect from a leader of a team. (yes, this is me moving on from Harden, but I'm genuinely impressed)

6. riko

riko Member

Didn’t wall demand out of Washington after they told him it’s beals team? Throwing rocks in the glasshouse

ksny15 and Rocket River like this.
  7. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

There was one play where Harden missed a wide open three and Wall rebounded it at 18'. He should have passed back to the top to Harden who was wide open for a follow up attempt. Instead, Wall made a weak one on one move for a mid-range jumper that he missed. That was a very bad message in my opinion.

8. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

Who cares

After what Harden said, basically giving the middlefinger to the team, it had to be said.

in the real world Harden would have been punched in the face.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  9. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

It is ok to demand a trade. It is not ok to openly QUIT and give a public FU to your (still)-Teammates.

10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No he wanted out after he found out they even considered trading him. He didn't play games with the organizations future like Harden though.

11. FR0497

FR0497 Member

I do agree with that, but he literally just said they have a chance to do something special and now he ***** on his team?? It's been 9 damn games with 3 of our 5 starters new to the team. If he wasn't pouting like a lil b**** and was with the team for preseason, they may be a little more in sync.

12. riko

riko Member

You go punch him in the face tough guy with alternate ids

13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What if Harden missed a second time? Guess we're going to keep letting him jack it up? That'll fix everything.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Frustration

15. riko

riko Member

Nope he got pissed when they told him it’s beals team

16. riko

riko Member

90 percent of the board wanted him gone so what’s the problem he will be gone sooner

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Nope that's alternate reality. If you mean that the impression he got by being offered in a deal then what you said made some type of sense. Short of that you are speculating. This was reported by Woj, ya know?

18. riko

riko Member

Link pls

19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It's not surprising. Harden wanted out before the season started, so he's not going to be motivated when his team is playing completely terrible and losing badly.

I know it's only been 9 games, but even if we improve somewhat, we're no closer to being a contender..... which is what Harden wants his team to be. He just doesn't want to settle for his team to lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs. Wall may be content with a 1st or 2nd round exit, but Harden surely isn't.

20. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

If Harden is open, the team should be passing him the ball at any opportunity. Shrug.