1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you'd rather be a perennial lottery team than a top 5 playoff team???

Anything can happen in a season, I'd rather have the assets that are proven to take us to TOP of the postseason every single year.

Take that loser mentality and handful of magic beans out of here.

Ownership needs to commit to winning and SPEND.

Not just ON THE COURT but OFF THE COURT as well.

Going cheap on MDA, playing politics with Morey and cutting costs season after season is not going to bring any championships to Houston, the FRP you are dreaming about are fools gold.

joshuaao, HP3 and Nook like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Silas is doing things that make absolutely no sense at all. He is deserving of some criticism at this point. I agree he is a young head coach and can improve but so far he has been quite daft in his thought processes.

joshuaao, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sit Harden until trade please

B-Bob and Denovo like this.
  4. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

While I agree I don't like the results vs the defensing champions with arguably the greatest player of all time killing us, it seems rash to make declarations about our coaching. Just last year Silas coached the greatest offense in NBA history, so I would give him a little credit.

It seems like you're advocating going back to a system that is proven to win, but also proven to fail against the single rival that counts the most.

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Any hopes you have for ownership spending you might as well give up on them now. Unless covid era ends soon and his businesses pick up that isn't going to happen. Tilman is barely hanging on to the team by a thread as it is. The best thing that could happen is the team being sold to someone who can afford it, not someone that needs the team to succeed as another investment.

rgw20014life and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes Silas is new HC and yes D'Antoni had his flaws but there is no excuse with how Silas has fvcked up this team.

Rockets were actually competitive with Lakers last season and even in the playoffs.

The last 2 Lakers games have been wholesale massacres, Lakers could have easily have won by 30+ if they didn't start clowning around before halftime.

Like Clutch and many before have said, Silas is needlessly trying to reinvent the wheel and he is failing horribly.

HP3 likes this.
  7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Right. And let's not talk about no one boxing out or running back to defend the fast break.

D-rock likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This isn't even close to being the same. Lebron was a free agent, he was allowed to go anywhere he wanted to go.

Harden came out tonight and said "I quit."

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I really hope when this is all done and hes traded, Harden nuthuggers leave this board too...

Hes as toxic as them

Ready for a new era. Yes mediocrity is fine with me if the team needs a restart...although I think we'll be fine.

10. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I'm guessing Silas didn't draw up the play Clutch is complaining about.

FYI - The Lakers series WAS NOT competitive. It was a humiliation... just like the last 2 games.

#310 Doctor Robert, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

They looked bad against the Pacers and the Mavs too, maybe not as bad. I actually don't think they've looked as good as they did in game 1 vs the Blazers.

D-rock likes this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Ya all wanted harden to play off the ball.....

Mr Chuck Norris and D-rock like this.
  13. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Never liked Harden, I cannot wait until he gets traded. Sad thing is he is reducing his trade value....which sucks as a Rockets fan.

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

I for one was happy watching the Rockets win and have a shot at winning the title year in and out. And I wouldn't have minded running it back for another few years down the road. Not sure why MDA left but that (and maybe the China issue last year) led DM to leave as well which soured Harden. It is what it is now, sadly :(

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Glad he said it, to confirm his detachment from organization.

STILL though, sports is entirely based on irrational confidence. Not somber realism. Even last place teams talk Super Bowl and title until they're eliminated.

But you don't put a "thats it" cap on performance with 90% of the season to go. One of the most disrespectful things you can do

joshuaao likes this.
  16. riko

riko Member

He is out of his depth

D-rock likes this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He hasn't done anything different than MDA really. Only thing that changed was Harden.

PeterKingX likes this.
  18. jayfree

jayfree Member

I remember years ago when Kobe was trashed for always shooting the ball and they went through a losing spell. One game he went an entire half without shooting the ball once to try and prove a point

19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I bet you didn't mind him when he was carrying us all those years.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

If you're being literal, then he never said "I quit." I think it's close in the sense that both fan bases are feeling betrayed that their star didn't stick around to try to win more, though I think Cleveland felt more pain/anger than Houston ever will. Anyhow, agree to disagree, though it's not a mountain I care enough to die on. Hopefully Harden and the team plays better after to bring his stock up.

HP3 likes this.