1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

How long before Carlos Correa is traded or George Springer signs somewhere else to complete the trifecta of misery?

mikol13 likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

someone get your Boomer ass dad before he says something racist

JumpMan likes this.
  3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

That's one way to look at. Most likely one was a Hall of Fame SG and knew he was a SG and actually got his teammates involved. Kobe that is.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

I would even say all star break, if there is one.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Lebron made it a spectacle on how he quit on Cleveland. Literally took a **** on the City on the national stage. I remember him quitting that 2010 series.

ROCK3TM4N, D-rock and Caesar like this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

It's weird seeing Rockets fans turn on Harden all of a sudden. Like yes, he has his flaws and all that but this man was literally our first home-grown superstar since Hakeem (unless you want to count Yao as a true superstar). I agree with him when he says he gave everything he that he could've to the city and the team.

He just came up short. It happens. Ewing, Stockton/Malone, Wilkins, etc. all couldn't get it done, but that doesn't mean they weren't amazing for their teams in their prime. It was amazing watching James Harden play, and I'm going to try to enjoy watching him for however long we have left to see him in a Rockets uniform.

I have had times, and this is one of them, where I'm disappointed at how things are going, but being all "f*ck Harden" is pretty crazy if you ask me. He's the reason the Rockets have been seen as contenders since 2014-15.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Lol no one is gutting their roster. Rockets are losing leverage everyday. R

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If Harden buys in 100%
    What would the Rocket's BEST possible prospect be?

1st Round Exit?

Rocket River

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You should look at that Curry thread in the other forum. Plus a lot of people were getting on curry, their announcers even joked about it one game and then Dame came out and kind of slightly threw shade at him saying "You can't get good looks now," in as polite way as he could but he said it.

I guess the point is though that they never gave up on the season.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Everything but LEAD!

DD

11. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Tilman not re-signing Ariza after our best regular season record destroyed that team. The team Harden destroyed (18-19 season Rockets) was a 54 wins team because of Harden's greatness, if he hadn't show up and try, you wouldn't have the chance here to make the argument that a 54 win team that lost in the 2nd round is the best team in the franchise history, lfmao.

The 93-95 Rockets is the best team in franchise history, without a doubt.

ROCK3TM4N, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's been pretty obvious for a while that he hasn't been giving 100% on the floor.

He's an all time great, and unbelievably good, and it has been a real privilege having him here. But after the first couple of games it looks more like he's been playing not to get hurt, to let the other guys show what they can do.

I wish him all the best. Sux that there isn't a repairable relationship, but let's take what we can get and move on. We won't be the first team to lose a superstar, nor the last.

13. PWR

PWR Member

If you saw me, you'd see how dumb this statement was. I'll just leave it at that.

Even the fans have become soft....smh

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

dude, they won championships because of their talent...

Harden is tapping out because he’s 31 and in the back end of his prime, has never been to a finals since he arrived in 2012, is nowhere close to contention, and this year is another one where he’ll need to carry a flawed roster all season just to make the playoffs where they will lose in the 1st round or get absolutely destroyed by a real contender

the team has not been contending for years...he has had a legitimate title contending team 1 year, and that was in 17-18

Steph has 3 titles and has been contending for years, so a down year or 2 won’t have him disillusioned and wanting out like Harden who is ringless and currently nowhere close to a ring going into his 9th year with the organization

HP3 likes this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

7th to 8th seed.

Like I’ve been saying since the off season
    LAL
    LAC
    Den
    Port
    Phx
    Utah
    Dal

These teams are not just a little better than Houston. They are significantly better than Houston and are all very well coached.

HP3 and Rocket River like this.
  16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

2 teams Harden could make the finals with if teams healthy.

Nets
    Heat

anything else, he ends up worse.

17. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

No need for outrage, it was an incredible run. This team isn’t close, after watching the 2018 team, no real contender starts out like this. We don’t have the championship experience to “turn it on” .

I think we will have a fun team after we trade James but we aren’t winning anything. I want to see James, Morey, MDA win a ring. They really were unlucky. We should tank and trade the vets and hope we get lucky

HP3 and JayGoogle like this.
  18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm pretty sure if fans saw him giving his all then most people wouldn't turn on him. Unfortunately, he's made poor decisions and isn't playing well, so its easy to say f you to the guy who has already checked out.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Yup, a lot of crow being served. I never hated their hope; I had hope too. Was slightly annoyed at the pollyannaish ignorance and almost arrogance of it though. There was so much smoke everywhere. The big bad media wasn't making it all up, and to ignore it like "of course he's staying; we're not giving him up for mediocrity" is being foolish.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

or the Rockets could stop having the worst wing rotation in the league, stocking up on bricklayers, and have a big that isn’t a mannequin in the paint defensively

our SF options are Nwaba, Tate, and House who was garbage to start the year...amazing

Mr Chuck Norris and D-rock like this.