1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Aware

Aware Member

it all went to **** once that trade for westbrook happened. thats on him.

i get demanding a trade but that **** he pulled today is weak
    i hope we get a fat offer from sacramento and he's stuck there

1Deep, Caesar, ICEibuPROfen and 10 others like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You could argue it was a good thing that Silas did this early because Silas just started with the Rox and Harden is moving on. Silas gotta worry about his future not Hardens. Let's see how it works out.

Denovo and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Get Riley on the phone ASAP

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He just could have handled this a lot better. A lot of people are going to look at this as him blaming the team for being bad and quitting on them...and no one knows.

I never got into the whole "Did Harden quit!?" arguments because we can't know what a guy is thinking. I do think he was super passive and it reminded me of Kobe some of those nights when he wanted out.

I think this quote confirms he never really checked in to this season. I could see if the team was 0-9 or something but 3-6? It feels like was thinking the team was bad (and we know he thought that) and didn't wait long to confirm it.

joshuaao, IvanLCPM, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  5. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Can't blame him. Nothing has gone right since the 2018 run. Wish him the best in his future team.

Nook likes this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

They aren’t built the same.

ipaman, JayGoogle and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

I can understand him wanting to leave, but he knows saying stuff like “I don’t think this can be fixed” is a way to lower his trade value and make Houston more desperate to trade him. I’ve been ready to move on since day 1 of this drama, but please don’t tank your value and force our hand publicly. “I’ve do everything for this city” doesn’t come out as truthful when your actions show you don’t give a f***.

That being said, I still have enjoyed every minute of this crazy ride and am grateful for having witnessed such a great run. He is for sure #2 behind Hakeem. Good luck (or maybe not, if I’m being completely honest) and let’s start the rebuild. Jaylen Brown + picks would be a great start!

kjayp and joshuaao like this.
  8. opticon

opticon Member

Harden is done just being on a "Nice Story" team. Its cool to be up and coming when your 25 - 27. Your view on your window changes alot when your in your early 30s.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nonsense, Harden destroyed the best team in franchise history by demanding CP3 be flipped for one of his friends that is terrible at basketball and who has the worst contract in the league.... despite that the Rockets did their best to field a competitive team and Harden is just too much of a loser to show up and try.

Harden being pathetic is the biggest problem with the franchise right now.

jboslett, ipaman, Gabe0941 and 2 others like this.
  10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He never cared about what it meant for the franchise if it didn't work out, like the rest of his request. That's exactly why he is stuck waiting. He'll be playing until the right kings ransom comes along. Sorry James. Time to let the youngsters play.

Rudyc281 and IvanLCPM like this.
  11. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

he is going to Nets and Nets alone.. what can they offer... sigh

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Y’all need to calm down — when he says he doesn’t think the city can be fixed, he means the drainage.

13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

this is depressing

14. cdain3

cdain3 Member

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I told CFs this and you ppl didn’t want to listen. Now his trade value is even lower!!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is he the one who made Tilman penny pinch coming off a 65 win season so that we were dumpster diving for the likes of MCW, Melo, and Ennis? Is he the one who made Tilman give up a pick to acquire a mediocre player like Shumpert and get off more salary? Asking for a friend...

ROCK3TM4N and HP3 like this.
  17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

you're entitled to feel that way. but I see it from James' perspective too. he wants to win and under tilman the roster keeps getting worse each year as costs are cut. he's getting older and has stayed here as long as he could. now's the time to move on. the organization could've done some things better to keep him. an equal amount of blame should be placed on Tilman and Patrick.

at the end of the day he's the second greatest rocket of all time. and no ill will at the end of his tenure will undo everything he's done on the court for the past 8 or 9 years here.

ROCK3TM4N, Reeko, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kobe definitely quit on the Lakers btu Lebron never quit on the Cavs. Never.

His last year there the first time around was ECF appearance IIRC (just off the top of my head) and he had a great series.

the 2nd time around he left in the finals after losing to the Warriors.

Nah, Lebron never quit on a team. He left his teams in decent shape (Just his absence means a team dramatically gets worse) and always was on short contracts to pressure teams to make sure they were building around him.

Also I'm sure everyone is frustrated but how many of those guys are throwing Harden under the bus right now? We have any shade quotes from Wall or Cousins or anyone?

Ramo$e and BeBreezy like this.
  19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Blame ya owner dumbass

20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

revisionist history. That year before westbrook was pitiful. The rockets would be on a timberwolves level decade long playoff drought without harden

HP3 likes this.