1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simmons, Brown, Herro, or Siakam?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Dec 20, 2020.

?

Who would you want to trade Harden for?

1. Ben Simmons

2. Jaylen Brown

3. Tyler Herro

4. Pascal Siakam

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jacoby

jacoby Member

I don't either but if he does we would be morons to turn it down, even if not much else is coming back.

roslolian and plutoblue11 like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article247434515.html

ESPN’s Brian Windhorst mused on a podcast last week that “I think the Miami Heat could make a trade for [James Harden]. They [the Houston Rockets] probably want [Tyler] Herro and [Duncan] Robinson.”

An NBA source briefed on the situation said the Rockets actually want more significant assets than that from Miami.

According to an NBA source in regular contact with the team, the Heat was open to offering a couple of its young players — potentially combined with a 2025 first-rounder if OKC unlocks the 2023 pick. Andre Iguodala and Kelly Olynyk would be needed to facilitate the trade from a cap standpoint, because of trade restrictions involving five other Heat veterans.

But the Rockets want more. Even if the Heat offered Herro, Robinson, Precious Achiuwa, KZ Okpala, Iguodala, Olynyk and first-round picks in 2025 and 2027, I’m not sure that would be enough to satisfy the Rockets.

Perhaps it would be, but that’s no sure thing. That’s all moot, for now, because the Heat isn’t willing to give up that much.

We’re told Pat Riley holds Harden in high regard, but would do a deal only at a price that’s palatable to him and the organization.

Miami knows it would need to give up at least two good young players and a draft pick or two to acquire a Hall of Famer. But all of them (aside from Bam Adebayo)? Not so fast, my friend, to quote ESPN’s Lee Corso.

Perhaps Houston’s vision would more align with Miami’s — in terms of compensation — if Philadelphia doesn’t offer Ben Simmons or Boston doesn’t offer Jaylen Brown or Denver doesn’t offer Michael Porter or Toronto doesn’t offer Pascal Siakam. But Houston appears intent on holding out for a treasure trove of draft picks and at least one young current or potential All-Star, among other things.

Windhorst said this week that Houston wants at least two first-round picks. If Miami and OKC agree to unlock protections on the 2023 pick due OKC, then Miami could trade exactly two future first-rounders: in 2025 and 2027.

sirjesse likes this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Season does not start until ‘the trade’. I’m hoping the Season doesn’t start too late for TheGoodGuys yet late enough for OKC...

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

WTF? Was he in DC yesterday at the capitol building or something?

Edit: Yikes! Apparently I’m not alone in thinking this. The comments have me lmao!

#524 vator, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2021-1-7_19-47-28.jpeg
    There he is!

vator likes this.
  6. BelgianRocketsFan

I don't think/hope he was in DC:eek:, but MPJ has hit some sport headlines in Europe this summer because of his 'scepticism' towards Covid (and vaccination), describing it as a conspiracy.

So, this news doesn't surprise me.

BamBam likes this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Boogie’s still got it. We should feature him on the block more.

8. chris4vikes

chris4vikes Member

So things seemed to have quieted down. I don't see or hear and stories or rumors lately on a Harden trade. I read this that he is content to stay now? If so then disregard this next item......

One little development. Brad Stevens said yesterday that Kemba is feeling great, looks great, in no pain & and one report has him returning to game action next Friday unless there is a setback. If Kemba looks 100% healthy for a stretch there could be interest from the Knicks or Bulls, etc. and open door to 3-team trade perhaps. Speculation yes but possible.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

it is not. Please stop this. Brown + more or Tatum next year are the only way the Celtics could ever trade for Harden. I know you’re a homer but this isn’t Celtics Talk or Twitter. Keep your wild homer ideas off this Rockets site. @Boston84 this is your fan base, between the Heat and Celtics fans, it’s hard to choose who comes up with worse trade ideas.

roslolian, Plowman and Boston84 like this.
  10. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Haha I can’t be held accountable for this. Kemba has next to no value right now. I think by the end of the year he’ll be fine but no he’s not getting harden, ever.

roslolian and treyk3 like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think Kemba is fine, that contract will just not be a positive asset until expiring. It's in the Wall, Russ, Tobias and Horford territory of good players who provide to their teams but not quite at their pay scale. It's wild how people keep acting like Harden will be traded for less than what the Rockets want as if the team has to trade him for whatever scraps they can get.

Kim and Boston84 like this.
  12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

btw I’m def biased buts Miami whose more irrational lol...they’ll tell u Kendrick nunn is the next ja morant because “culture”

Rockets4Life13 and treyk3 like this.
  13. Rockets4Life13

I've been lurking almost every other teams' Reddit since trade rumors started coming up. All of them are hella delusional. Celtics realgm and reddit was where i had the most laughs. I've read some crazy **** there. Miami was close 2nd.
    Nuggets fans seem to be the most reasonable, most don't want to give up their young core for a harden rental but understand that they can't get him with Will Barton and 1 FRP.

Boston84 and rockets1995 like this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden really Admires Christian Wood game. He always talks to him or sits by him.

Jae'sean Tate is another player that Harden likes and constantly teaching.

James Harden hopefully will improve his mood when he Wins big games against Playoff teams. I think he will be happier to stay with the Rockets and doesn't want to get traded. The whole team is Hustling and Diving on the Floor, Making Great Passes.

Jae'Sean, Wall, Wood have led the Way.

15. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I think all fan bases are delusional if we are being honest. Definitely a lot of ammo to laugh at the Celtics fans or heats fans. Same thing when I see people here saying Tatum and brown + 3 1sts or Murray and mpj.

16. payaso

payaso Member

Bruno and a future 2nd for Mo Bamba... he can be taught to use 7'10" of arms. Nice stroke from 3. There, all done with trade talk.

wolstein likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Simmons with a whopping 5 points tonight

update on Tyler Herro who some on here were calling Kyle Korver: B2B games of 31, 9, and 2 and 34, 7, and 4

2nd year player averaging 16, 7, and 4 before tonight’s 34 point game, and that’s with his 3 point percentage being way down

Mr Woods likes this.
  18. Sanity2disChaos

We are evaluating these guys and right note I’m not Impressed by any of them.

19. Boston84

Boston84 Member

If we are ranking this just by this season (and I know that’s not how it’s done) but for ***** and giggles

1)brown
    2)mpj
    3)herro
    4) Simmons

reality is I have herro as the lowest returnable asset but he’s on a great deal. I think brown has raised his value most thus far this season of this guys

clutch citizen likes this.
  20. finsraider

finsraider Member

I’d do Brown, MPJ and a couple of picks.

Regardless, I think we should go ahead and get what we can for PJ.