1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson slams organization

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I believe so, but he brought him in to just be a chaplain and character coach..... he was used after the Aaron Hernandez deal.

However BB also has said several times that Easterby is not someone that should be involved in personnel decisions.

BB wouldn't cross that bridge with JE...

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Big props to Texans legend Andre Johnson for speaking up on this. If the national media and Texans fans didn’t grab Cal’s attention... this will. I have no idea whether it will force his hand.

One thing I do know... Caserio was a Belichick disciple for many many years. We know damn well if this type of thing #FireEasterby was trending, players speaking out, and all this negativity was going on in New England under Belichick’s watch, Easterby would be canned in a heartbeat by Belichick. Caserio needs to follow suit

Shark44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The problem with this logic is twofold.

1. The NFL and sports in general is not even remotely similar to any other job or management position situation. What job on earth aside from pro sports does your boss make 5x less than you? Players absolutely have power, and a locker room might as well be a Seal team. So good luck with that approach.

2. It's not just "employee demands". It's literally every single person on the face of the Earth (including very educated, informed people) that are saying this guy is a cancer. It's the SI articles. It's the constant questions. It's every media outlet firestorm. Even if it was completely unmerited, it's become an organizational distraction. Even Easterby being what he was in NE, and bringing his best skills to Michael Jordan level → IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT. The only people clamoring for Easterby to keep his job are @Trader_Jorge, Cal McNair, and Jack Easterby himself.

4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

This is not about the Texans. This is about Jack Easterby and Cal McNair.

I'm tired of the media spinning their narratives.

UTSA2step likes this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

What could Jack Easterby POSSIBLY bring to table to make it worth all this hassle??? I can't fathom it

Caesar likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Johnson literally said "The Texans organization is known for wasting players careers." He follows it up with Easterby, specifically, but the tweet is what it is.

It also wasn't some hastily-worded drunk tweet sent at 2am, so Dre had more than enough time to think about the tweet before hitting send.

People are going to **** on the Texans franchise.

dookiester likes this.
  7. magman

magman Member

Lol, what a clown. Very telling of the person he is.

Your reputation across the league is definitely earned Easterby.

I can't believe that's real.

dookiester likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If McNair wont fire his buddy, he should at least demote him to parking lot attendant so he can keep a job. He can be cal's personal valet.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Still hilarious though

10. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

The holy ghost.

Get ready. He's about to use a bunch of lasers, fog machines and throw on a sheet for Cal in the middle of the night to spook him.

dookiester, Kim and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The Texans have gotten used and abused in the personnel department in large part because players such as Duane Brown and De'Andre Hopkins have PUBLICLY aired their grievances. This devalues the player and allows for a trade partner to get a steal... leaving the Texans with the short end of the stick. I would much prefer for Texans stakeholders to express their displeasure privately and not publicly. Doing so publicly causes great damage, and runs counter to the prevailing argument that I'm reading here which is that Andre Johnson and other former players have the Texans' best interest in mind. If they had the Texans' best interest in mind, then they wouldn't be running to social media -- they'd be lobbying privately.

We also need to remember that Deshaun Watson has a 4-year, $177 million contract. Remember that before you feel too sorry for him "wasting his career". Again, I like Watson, but I believe he is doing damage to the Texans' franchise with his public complaining. And this does NOT mean I'm sticking up for Easterby. I'm taking issue with the approach of these players, and saying that because of the players taking this approach, then management's hand is forced if they want to maintain control over the organization going forward. It's a no win situation, brought about needlessly by players who really don't understand the impacts of their actions.

Rudyc281 and Fantasma Negro like this.
  12. dookiester

dookiester Member

Hack Wasterby in panic mode

13. futilman

futilman Member

Can we put Omar Khan into Easterby's position? Thereby rectifying the Caserio mistake as we'd have a defacto dual-GM structure with Caserio reporting to Khan? And also satisfying Watson's request

14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Lulz, Caserio would quit on the spot. Have you ever had anyone reporting to you before?

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It is not 1 employee, it is atleast 85% of your employees. It is also the employees that ARE THE PRODUCT, the reason why the organization exists. It affects players u can attract in Free Agency. It is just a matter of time before Easterby “doesn’t want to be a distraction to the organization”.

dookiester and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The ****? I guess you haven’t been paying attention. Learn to read.

Texans made this mess...they need to fix it.

Go screw yourself.

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’m getting worried that he hasn’t been fired or stepped down yet.

Blake and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

He's a complete imbecile yes but he still has quite a ways to go before you can lump him with Alex Spanos, Mike Brown, Dan Snyder or Bud Adams. He's more of a dimwit rich guy Trump wannabe like Woody Johnson with the physical characteristics of Mark Davis.