1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Game Interview Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Look at aroung the 6 minute Mark

"4 ft behind the 3 pt line
    is where we want to be spaced
    to extend the defenders out."
    - Silas

Rocket River

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

The Harden haters will never allow themselves to hear that.

3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I feel bad for these coaches having to make excuses and pretend this is actually benefitting the team.

jacoby, Nook, javal_lon and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Yup. Fans try to make the excuse that it allows 4v4 basketball with more space. But as shown below, smart teams expose this.

javal_lon likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas is still figuring out how good Harden really is.

Crazy it's taking this long.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

we must turn all threads to be about hardon

7. harold bingo

Supporting Member

If Harden would actually stand in the proper spot that Silas describes, and shoot the ball when he got it, I think it would fix a lot of this. I don't think most people are demanding he play like Steph and run nonstop around screens. But for whatever reason he likes to meander around near halfcourt, and when does get the ball back, he likes to hold onto it for about 5 seconds to let the defense reset and recover. It's extremely frustrating.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Did you guys even watch this???? It really doesn’t sound like he’s making excuses. He even said “that’s a good question” man whatever people will believe what they want. Even when Chris Paul and Lebron do the same thing

B-Bob and D-rock like this.
  9. harold bingo

Supporting Member

I listened to the whole thing. The way he describes it is not the excuse - it's a good idea the way he explains it, but that's not what Harden is doing. He says it's good because Harden is in a spot where he can catch and shoot for an open 3 if his defender leaves him, and that's just not true. Harden doesn't stand in those spots, and he doesn't take those shots, his defender helps off him constantly and it creates 4 on 5 situations for our offense which makes it very hard to score, and it makes us very turnover prone. And Silas knows this, but he also knows that he can't publicly call out Harden, he obviously shouldn't do that, which is why I think it sucks for him. It's a shitty spot to be in as a coach.

HP3 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Can you imagine what Harden can do off ball amirite?

No need to imagine any more.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think you're just making stuff up now.

Silas has said over and over again how cooperative, engaged and supportive Harden has been since he's returned to the Rockets.

And Harden has been animated numerous times in huddles and encouraging his new teammates.

Why does everyone keep conspiring to propagate these fairytales?

Richie_Rich and Nook like this.
  12. harold bingo

Supporting Member

What am I making up? And what does this have to do with what I posted? I didn't say anything about how he behaves in huddles or how encouraging he is to his teammates. I'm talking about where he stands when John Wall has the ball and is initiating the offense.

13. harold bingo

Supporting Member

And to add on to this, if you want to go off what Silas says, he specifically says in this exact video that if Harden gets the ball in this spot he is supposed to shoot it. We can all see that he's not doing that.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

4 feet from 3 point line is what Silas said.

I see Harden hanging back from the 3 point line just as he is asked and Silas has confirmed that Harden has done everything he's asked of him.

Are you calling Silas a liar?

On what grounds?

HP3 likes this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Putting stock into Silas soundbites where he praises Harden is pointless. We know how the business works, and it revolves around canned media responses. We won’t know one way or another until after the trade.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

All you trade Harden stans are as demented as the election fraud conspiracists.

Why do believe this will happen and the crazy thing is that you all go in a frenzy after every game predicting it will eventually happen with zero evidence.

How many days/weeks/months is this fervor going to last before you accept reality?

HP3 likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

What I know is that the Houston Rockets are wasting everyone’s time.

This team is clearly worse than the teams of the past. So far Silas is failing at getting the most out of his players or at winning.

This Rockets team may not be over .500% the rest of the season. Stone and Silas for Morey and MDA is a clear down grade so far. Anyone with a brain can see why Harden wants to be traded, this organization from top to bottom isn’t going anywhere soon.

Everyone knows this is headed towards a rebuild except the owner and GM, and are painfully dragging this out.

Trade James Harden, the Rockets and Silas are wasting him and the Rockets can get assets for him. Trade PJ Tucker to a competitive team for a draft pick. Move Gordon when you can because he isn’t part of the future. Let Christian Wood score his unimpressive 25 points a night but realize he isn’t going to give you anything against good players in the playoffs.

Let Silas have a chance, play all young players from the various trades and maybe get a top 4 pick and draft a real difference maker.

It is better than the crap product they are throwing out there now.

Loneyroy7, Stormy1234 and HP3 like this.
  18. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Do you not watch the games? Would you like me to link clips of harden not doing these things that Silas described? And yeah, I am calling Silas a liar, I already said that. He’s being put in a spot where he is forced to lie. He can’t criticize harden publicly in these interviews, that would be horrible for both him and the team.

19. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Agreed. This team is hopelessly mediocre and the management and coaching is no where near talented enough to make up for it. A lot of fans are butthurt because harden rejected them by demanding a trade so they pile all the blame on him. On an actual legitimate contender, the rest of the roster is built to cover your star's weaknesses not the other way around

20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

John wall sucks ass on offense and its james hardens fault. Ive really seen it all