1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is James Harden Part Of The Problem?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown's Finest, Jan 11, 2021.

?

Who's mainly responsible for Houston's lack of championship success during the Harden era?

1. James Harden was mainly part of the problem

2. The roster was mainly part of the problem

3. Mike D'Antoni was mainly part of the problem

4. Daryl Morey was mainly part of the problem

5. Tilman Fertita was mainly part of the problem

6. All of these parties are partially responsible

7. None of these parties are responsible in any way

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

#1 Htown's Finest, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

This is in no way a bash James Harden thread. I'm simply asking this question for research and also because the poster I quoted believes Harden doesn't share much blame for the Rockets recent failures. How much of the Rockets failures are James Harden's fault vs Tilman vs Morey vs Mike D'Antoni vs the roster? How much of %, if any, would you give each of the parties involved? Please keep the conversation civil.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why do you struggle so much with the QUOTE feature?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Everyone shares responsibility. From Morey's system, to Les' tax avoidance, Harden's lack of accountability, to Tilman's idiocy to MDA's arrogance.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

what does "mainly part of the problem" mean? Where is the poll choice for "partly the main problem."

Sep11ie and D-rock like this.
  6. JackLordsHair66

All of the above pretty simple. Harden is now just treading water so time to move on, get the best deal possible and get the rebuild underway

Highlyrated and kjayp like this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Morey is sitting at 6-3 and Harden is floundering at 3-6.

Morey built this team around a prima donna who only brought 80% of his game. If you're happy with 2nd round exits over being a lotto team, keep Harden.

If Harden wants a title, he needs to learn how to be coached and buy into a system. MDA did exactly what he was brought in to do...Let JH do whatever he wanted.

Highlyrated, kjayp and Jontro like this.
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its very rare to see the word "struggle" in any harden threads.

Please rephrase it or find better excuse.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Soooo you prefer to be a Lotto team?

Rocket River

10. alethios

alethios Member

I blame CP3's hammy.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wall is Questionable for the Next Game
    Westbrook is out for a minute

Could it be possible that . . . .
    The Wizards are better without Westbrook
    AND
    The Rockets are better without Wall?

maybe we shall see

Rocket River

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Whats that cliché? 2nd place is the 1st place loser. A loser is a loser. This is what separates those like Kobe/Jordan/ect from people like JH.

13. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

It's a pie chart, I doubt anyone is going to say (insert whoever you want) was the sole reason we didn't win a championship in the Harden era. But to some people the majority of the blame goes to (insert whoever you want) or the blame could be spread around.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Can't put it all on Harden as much as I'm tired of him.

Also gs was a great team.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What's the difference when the closest thing to a moral victory exit was 2018?

RIIIIINGZZ ERRRRNEHH.

That's the standard. 2nd place is a set of steak Knives and we've never even been that

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Pro advice :

You may want to move to another city, this town has tons of losers would like to be in the waiting list for season tickets and keep buying AFC South Division Champ gears.

Space Ghost likes this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Les AND Tilman didn’t pay, hurting Moreys ability to build a consistently good enough roster.

I think Morey during his tenure was a top 3 GM who generally maximized the amount of talent he could provide given the constraints.

Harden clearly had his hand in some disappointing moments, but again rarely had the help other stars have been afforded because of the above. Mind you, I am not claiming he had zero help and that his teammates were always garbage or that every title winner ever was a team full of all stars.

MDA I find to have the least responsibility. Obviously he wasn’t perfect, but I think he maximized the rosters he was given to work with. And then had to deal with a jackass owner at the end.

Very clearly everyone played a role.

Based on my view of things ownership failed the most. After that who knows.

Landsdale, D-rock, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

The golden state warriors + James harden

19. ball king23

ball king23 Member

well the blame is 50/50 so you can blame James for Not coming to camp when everyone else comes to camp and then not wearing a mask while everyone else is then you can look at the coaching staff he wanted Ty Lue the GM wanted Jeff van gundy so you can really not blame either side because if you look at it we gave James everything he wanted from what players to make and we traded our future for him so i say time to take a step back and look at the roster and take it step by step and get better if we have to move on from him so be it its not the end all be all.the same for the Gm position.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We were good just not good enough. Morey put together great teams but just not great enough. I don't know why Harden gets more scrutiny than others. I don't think he was the reason for us not winning the chip in any season. Every season a team was better except for maybe 2018.

Harden is not the type to elevate his game in the playoffs, but he also doesn't underperform to the point that it lost us championships. I am at peace with the Harden Era. I feel like at the end of the day its mostly luck to push you from a top 3 team to a championship team.

If Curry wasn't so injury prone to start his career he never would have signed a low ball contract from GSW allowing them to have 4 all stars.

Looking at Hardens prime, theres been 3 championship teams, GS, Cleveland and Raptors. I don't think we had any team that was clearly better than any of them save for one season 2018.

I'm not even going to mention the Lakers, that team is literally built on LeBron wanting to go to LA and tampering openly to grab AD. That only happens because of LA and LeBron, and nowhere else

pr0wler and D-rock like this.