1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Blaming it on "culture" is demonizing and belittling black people as a whole. Also to say that suburbs and poor area are the same and have the same opportunity is ignoring the context of the situation. You have the nerve to blame culture says more about you than anything else.

jiggyfly, tmoney1101 and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Did you see that photo of that one black guy inside the Capitol? What other proof do you need that antifa was involved?

Read a book.

vlaurelio, malakas, Ubiquitin and 3 others like this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why was he not wearing a mask when he had a mask around his chin?

You can see it in the video lol

vlaurelio and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That’s what the thread said from someone who was there.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. cdastros

cdastros Member

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what that means. If he was supporter of theirs it didn't cause him to not do his duty, so it doesn't matter. If he was curious and wanted to see what the fuss was about, he found out first-hand, sadly. In the end we don't know what it was about. We only know that he died doing his duty.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

These are the politics of exception and they're stupid. You want to cite that guy who escaped his situation to become successful and yet he is the exception. If everyone were an exception there'd be no poverty, we'd all be wealthy and well off. Except that is not how capitalism works. Capitalism requires an underclass of poverty and that is achieved by hook or by crook. These are the realities. I've posted these charts many times by now because the likes of you don't have a clue. These gaps in income have ALWAYS existed. They didn't start with rap music or baggy jeans or Motown or afros or anything of the sort. They are the result of 400 years of oppression and racism. You keep saying black people aren't disadvantaged and yet that is exactly what they are from the moment they are born. Now you want to talk about culture. Where does it come from? When a Chinese immigrant comes here he has his own language, his own cuisine, his own values, his own heritage, his own lineage, etc. When a slave is brought here they have none of that because it's all stripped of them. And not only do they not have any of that, they have been targeted for centuries by lawmakers, by businesses, by police, and even by their fellow citizens. If anything, this Capitol attack has demonstrated how white America and black America are treated drastically different by police. The surest way to resolve this problem is through education. It's the only way. The mechanism by which education is funded is tied to property taxes so kids who are poor and black go to bad schools and kids who are wealthy go to good schools. This is how American poverty perpetuates itself. Not because of the rap music.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reeko, ElPigto, AleksandarN and 5 others like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Are you blind?
    A black woman is shot by police while just sleeping in her bed and her murderers go free while white people can storm in the capital and try to hang the vice president and are just allowed to stroll out.
    And there is no difference? No disadvantage?

Here many times people try to storm the parliament and the riot police comes and breaks their heads open.
    Whether they are white,brown. Men or women.
    Left anarchists or fascists.
    They get their ass kicked ,tear gassed sprayed with water pumps, and beaten. Everyone is equal.

But oh the mighty american police who first shoot and ask questions later now all of a sudden act like mother theresa and let traitors dressed in swastikas waltz in , stage a coup and and walk out like nothing happened.

But yeah no disadvantage. Everyone is equal! LMAO

Reeko, Zboy, fchowd0311 and 3 others like this.
  9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The point was Trump organizing people to voluntarily offer themself up for human sacrifice, to himself. The narcissist wet dream.

10. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...wondering if anybody heard anything about Mitt Romney getting accosted by Trump supporters in an airport like Lindsey Graham?
    ...(not to interrupt the scintillating repartee going on right now)...

B-Bob, malakas and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Salvy,

I know many who believe that the black community is where it is because of “black culture” and because they’re held back by messaging or government handouts. There are several ways to approach a conversation with you about this.

One way is to challenge the validity of those beliefs.

Another way is to ask two simple questions -

1. Do you think that laws and life in America are fair and black people are treated as white people or other races? Relatedly, that there is no implicit bias in how some people people view black people, how law enforcement or potential employers view black people? A glimpse into the answer to this question is this — if 100 non-black people were polled, how many would rather be treated as if they were black in this country?

2. Should America attempt to adjust laws, law enforcement, and other aspects of American life such that people are treated equally?

I think it is worth reflecting on those questions.

In my own continued learning about these issues in the wake of the George Floyd murder, I reached out to the four close friends that I have that are black to have honest conversations about subjects like this. I learned a lot of things. Two of them have been unfairly treated by police officers .... despite being college educated, holding law degrees and being upper middle class. All four of them have had to explain to their children that police officers might see them as less than human and the goal is to survive, no matter how unjustified the questions, treatment or other abuse might be. They explain to their kids that they can achieve as much success as they want to, no matter how many obstacles exist and despite whatever systemic racism or implicit bias they might face. But they need to be aware of what’s out there.

I agree with your sentiment that hard work, drive, and ambition should be preached (frankly in all communities). But that is not inconsistent with the reality that systemic racism and both explicit and implicit bias exists, and the playing field is by no means level.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

13. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...oh my god.

I'll be the first to admit that I've had my issues with Mittens...but I'm happy to say that most of those are strictly political differences.

I've gained a different level of respect for him after this. I hope he doesn't get hurt by any of the f@ckers...

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

They even harassed him on the plane. I bet those are the same people on no fly lists. Watch the end of video (aprox: 6:10 of the video) when Mitt was on the plane where they were yelling at him for being a traitor.

#1694 AleksandarN, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    Yung-T and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

How can all these people in the airport just sit quiet and listen to all this drivel?

These people have commited a crime against all of you the american people.

Treason. The biggest crime one can do against their nation.

Sitting quietly and being polite is not going to cut it.
    They are traitors and terrorists.

If you saw an islamic terrorist rant and whine because he couldn't fly after he tried to behead someone would you just sit there silently and film it?
    No.
    But they all sit quiet when an american terrorist whines after trying to behead american democracy?

Trumpism is not going to go away on its own.
    It is up to everyone to stand up and stop being quiet against terrorism and extremism.
    They have been allowed to say and do whatever they want all this time. Enough.

16. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize that black people didn’t need white people (like myself) to tell them that they’re “victims.” Black people have been talking for decades about the structural and sociological obstacles they’ve encountered in their struggles to achieve the American Dream. It’s only been in the last half century that a significant portion of the white community has stopped telling blacks (and other minorities) what’s good for them and has started listening. Acknowledging and accepting what they’re saying is neither racist nor does it disempower them.

Your views are almost a textbook example of paternalistic condescension. I have no doubt you empathize with your foreclosure clients, but you show very little understanding (or even a willingness to understand).

17. malakas

malakas Member

Almost half the country voted for Trump. Are they all traitors?

He supported Trump but he didn't participate actively or passively in insurrection or a coup. He has realised his mistake- he said so at least and he has drawn the line.
    If america is not going to end up into a civil war, republicans who voted for Trump but have realised their mistake and have no appetite for overthrowing democracy should be embraced.
    How is healing supposed to start otherwise?

What I don't understand is why he keeps posting here all this time.
    If I registered into Clutchfans the biggest Rockets forum, and saw it full of fanatic Trumpsters I would be so disgusted I would stop posting immediately. Probably would also change teams alltogether. Wouldnt want to cheer a team with such vile scum racist fans.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Probably a Jazz and Stockton fan.

mdrowe00 and Xerobull like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I didn't watch all that but doesn't he still have a SS detail or some other security especially on a plane?

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    T_Man

jiggyfly, mdrowe00, Patience and 2 others like this.