1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

What do you want me to do? I'm not any guy. I don't think blacks are disadvantaged, why should they be? Why should a black person be disadvantaged?

A family/father can have a bigger impact on a child growing up. No always, there are great women and men out there raising their children single and raising them right but there are more who just don't care and the children do grow up to be troubled.

I don't credit or blame Trump for anything. Do you want me to flip and attack Trump everything?

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow!

You are really doubling down on this?

I am glad you removed all doubt about who you are.

Thank you.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Hey he was able to asses lifestyles, that makes some kinda expert.:rolleyes:

#1583 jiggyfly, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

So fixing the wealth gaps is how we fix racism? How would that work? Do poor neighborhoods grow or do those low income households move up to middle class. Can a low income household even manage correctly and not fall in debt? Real questions, not gotchus...

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Because I believe a black young man or women has every bit of potential to succeed in this country without holding them back because of the color of their skin? Wait, so the non racist and smart thing to do is victimize them and remind them of systematic racism and how they are being held back by absolutely everything.

Its not to treat them as anyone else regardless of skin color/gender/ethnicity?

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you are judging an entire race of people from a subset of them who were going through foreclosures and evictions.

How are those clients a representative of the entire black culture?

Like the other poster said this is extremely ignorant.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Increase homeownership rates towards Black families through reperation. Most White families got their generational wealth from the massive 4x increase of homevalues after WW2 accounting for inflation of course. Black families were denied that massive generational wealth opputuinity. It's the largest reason for the wealth divide today. Blue collar white families right after WW2 got these mortgages like candy. They made up the largest demographic in America. It was she largest wealth distribution to the white working class in American history.

Black families(descendants of slaves) that are of that same deal. So some type of federal low interest mortgage at subsidizing 50-75% of the value of the property. Also we need to allow for the building if more single family homes.

Yes this probably means the overall value of the housing market will be lowered but that's a good thing for most Americans.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I kind of see this whole rehashing of racial inequities as outside the thread topic, but that might be me! If anyone is interested, there are a ton of related threads on that, especially after this year of BLM, etc. Cheers.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Arnold's speech to the country is terrific. It really is. The timeline of the insurrection is also very well done, but I wish Arnold's address was posted separately. It's that good.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Man... you guys continually read stuff into everything. Nowhere did I say that looting and rioting are good. They are not good. Nothing wrong with peaceful protests (like kneeling for Anthem). Nothing wrong with those clowns peacefully chanting and protesting.

Trying to undermine the government and stupidly try to keep your guy in power is reprehensible. Do you agree with that statement?

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why are you continuing to say this is a black thing and not a people thing?

Yes they all have the potential but do they have the same opportunity?

that's the question you must ask yourself and its amazing how you ignore the way Trumpers have used the same rhetoric during the last 5 years blaming immigrants China and the gov for all of their problems.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@bobrek needs to chill on his rabid support of looting and rioting.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

They aren't, they are representative of low income households. Do you want to hear about a friend I made along the way? Black accounting firm owner, I was able to talk to him about how he got started and became so successful. And guess what, at the time it was very difficult to escape a lot of what his friends and family were doing. Considered a sellout even for perusing education. It seems as if it was more challenging going against the norm in his culture than the opposite as it should be.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Then why are saying things like Black culture is to blame?

I have no idea what your friend has to do with this, those type of things happen to all races, I can give you stories of that happening to many hispanics and white people.

Why are painting all black people with that same brush?

Once again you say it's the norm in his culture and I say bullshit.

I am black and came from a low income household with a single mother and it was not the norm in my culture.

#1595 jiggyfly, Jan 10, 2021
  16. fchowd0311

These type of anecdotes miss the point.

Every population group has its 5% of exceptional people who will excell regardless of the conditions they were raised in. 90% are very malleable where their successes rely heavily on their environment around them. The other 5% "fail"(go to prison as an example) regardless of their upbringing due to stuff like learning disabilities or mental health issues. These percentages are arbitrary. The point is every group as the brightest at the top that can endure harsh conditions and excel like your friend and then there is most of us where our outcomes are heavily shaped by the socioeconomic environment around us.

So when two groups divided by race are treated extremely differently based on said racial differences such as one of those races being denied the largest wealth transfer to the working middle class in American history expect a small percentage of them to excell regardless of their ubringing, expect most to suffer to varying degrees to the consequences of not being raised in a stable privliged household. And then all these families reproduce and pass on these outcomes. One race got to accrue massive equity living in neighborhoods full of other homeowners with higher property values meaning their public schools got more funding as most public school funding comes from local property taxes. The other race was mostly forced to suffer living in rental property under landlord rule with decaying property values which then resulted in a cascading effect of less funding for public educt and therefore worse quality schools.

There are so many cascading effects that you just don't want to realize.

#1596 fchowd0311, Jan 10, 2021
    subtomic, Rileydog and mdrowe00 like this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

There are an incredible amount of single family homes being built, I don't think it will affect the market. (Source: I'm in real estate). But who builds the homes? Does the government build the home and then sells it at 50-75% loss? Or does the government then become the lender and purchases the property at market value then lends 50-25% as a loan. What if the mortgagee still cant afford the monthly rate/water/electric/taxes HOA fees? Can the government foreclose on the home as any bank or lender? I'm just saying this could blow up and then we do have an injection of governmental home projects in the market possibly causing harm to housing market.

18. fchowd0311

Yes it's called subsidizing. We subsidize defense contractors and oil and gas companies all the time.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is he talking about Finnish doom metal?

B-Bob and jiggyfly like this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Four days later...

mdrowe00 and Yung-T like this.