1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

To Trade or to Keep Danuel House?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles, Sep 23, 2020.

?

Should the Houston Rockets Trade or Keep Danuel House?

1. Trade

66.4%
  2. Keep

33.6%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Covid happened.

He was probably stuck in his 'house' with his fiancee, didn't go all that well, and tried to act up inside the bubble.

Many players aren't the same, the schedule is screwed up.

The only difference is I wasn't that high on him prior to it.

13-14 ppg type of player, nice.

#141 daywalker02, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I read where Silas said he could barely walk.
    What the hell??

Rocket River.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like a herniated disc

D-rock and palmsnbananas like this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

He's worth more than what we pay him, which is good. Not worth a whole lot, but still overall a positive asset. Can be a bench player on a good team for $4m.

Doesn't move the needle in a trade on his own, best to keep him as a throw in.

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

What happened had nothing to do with what he can do on the court. It did have an impact. He paid the price... not doing what he loves. Keep him let him heal up.

6. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

So let me get this straight. We are one of the oldest teams in the league and to solve this issue we should consider trading one of our younger players, who happens to be on of most talented wings since Ariza left, and is on a cheap contract? Ummm...that's a no for me boss.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

I'm in agreement. Just wanted to create a thread to hear opinions on both sides.

cbs1507 likes this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He isn't that good. I'd rather give brown and nwaba the minutes.

raining threes likes this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

What a sh it’show of a roster. An athletic 27 year old on a very cheap contract is worth so little on the market cuz of the distraction he was off the court.

Imagine if EG’s contract wasn’t outrageous and House didn’t commit adultery in the bubble; those two and our picks would have net us something good.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Should’ve traded him before the season started while we could still get something back. No he’s hurt and hasn’t played well before the injury.

D-rock likes this.
  11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Stephen Silas did say Danuel House woke up and had a bad back.

cbs1507 and raining threes like this.
  12. OkayAyeReloaded

If Nwaba develops a consistent three point shot then I would consider it, but House before the incident and health issues has proven he can play well in the playoffs like the OKC series.

There will be a time you need three point shooting, defense and rebounding all from your SF position, teams will start to expose it during a series. Big fan of Nwaba, Mac and Tate but they all have weaknesses as well. If House get's healthy and is focused on helping the team win long term, I'm for forgiving a guy for making a mistake and doing what he did in OKC again.

I say of House, Nwaba, Tate etc. let the player who performs the best consistently over the season and playoffs gets the role, give it to the guy who earns it over time. But we do need to keep wing depth imo.

13. anchel

anchel Member

Rockets need size at forward positions, and ideally a 3rd center (Caboclo is not playable there against good teams -maybe as a forwards he is?)

Who could be available of that profile for House's contract?

D-rock likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That fool killed the playoff run and this year is just another guy.

he’s outta here.

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Does not have length. Wingspan barely 6'8 which is not great height is 6'6.

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

House is a really valuable player. We should be looking for a 1st rounder for him if we trade him (ideally unprotected, but I'd be willing to take a top-5 protected pick). If nothing else, his size alone makes for a decent matchup against similar SFs, and he's been the main defender against Lebron on more than one occasion. Offensively he can knock down threes, is decent at ball handling (nothing to write home about), and is definitely a starter in this league.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

package him with beard and chuck hayes for durant and picks

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or Hooters.

Jontro likes this.
  19. csc177

csc177 Member

Undefeated since the return of the House of Danuel!!! Who would have ever thought he was the key to the rockets success??!

If only he hadn’t opened a door in the bubble...we’ll never know

...I still say we trade em (sorry not sorry)

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i voted trade at the time because i didn't think he'd come back and play well but he has proved me wrong. he's playing some of the best ball i've seen him play and looks a lot more flexible/shifty.

he's always going to be stiff but if he can become a little more nimble (with training) then he could be up for a big payday in a year.

Corrosion and saleem like this.