1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

*Cemetery

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

That one bar that was burned down was not the only thing destroyed by those riots. That was one very specific example of wrongdoing. It wasn't meant to be a manifesto on the comparison between the two. If you looked at it in that way you are missing the point entirely.

3. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

1. Watch the cops leave when the "insurgents" started breaking the door.
    2. They came back when the woman was shot by "just a flashbang"
    3. Notice a cop POINT HIS GUN to his fellow law enforcers at the other side of the door! WTF, whose side is he on?

VooDooPope and jiggyfly like this.
  4. STR8Thugg

If that's the way you feel, then I won't argue that point. I think the BLM protests and DC protest are more similar than different, and I used the reactions from those to form an opinion on it.

I'll admit the Minnesota bar example was poor for the context of what I was saying. Like I said in a previous post I included it bc it's a blatant example of BLM protesters throwing out the baby with the bathwater with no regard to who and what they were affecting. It also goes against everything they are supposed to be standing for.

I still believe what I wrote - that reaction would be much different in the alternative scenario presented previously - but if you don't agree I have no intention of trying to "make" you think the same way as me.

This whole situation bothers me as I watched for months while countless people burned, looted, killed, rioted their way across America, bc you know - BLM!! It sure as hell seems like a lot of those rioters were using BLM as an excuse to lash out vs. really standing for a cause, but regardless as I watch this unfold... I see some sparing hating on it, but most other networks I see praising and lauding the "efforts." I see politicians and famous celebrities encouraging it. Meanwhile waves of people are killed, police officers injured or shot to death, countless amounts of property damaged, lives turned upside down.

Fast-forward and it's a similar situation for a different reason, and a mostly different demographic, and the response from the media and people is much different. No matter what you respond with it's not going to make me think differently about the hypocrisy here.

ALL OF IT WAS BAD. And sure, did the actions of the few undermine the message and the purpose of the many? Absolutely, but that is the case any time a "peaceful protest" turns into a riot.

5. STR8Thugg

Rogue people?

There were some of those for sure.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you are missing a lot of granular details such as law enforcement being signficantly more aggressive with BLM activists causing more escalation and increased the risk of clashes and violence. There were far more de-escalation measures with this riot on the Capitol. If law enforcement handled that group like they do BLM activists, I would expect an exchange of gunfire and signficantly more violence.

And let's not pretend intent matters. Storming the capitol building because you are butthurt about election results is far less of a sympathetic cause than sporadic riots due to centuries of genuine real life oppresion.

glynch and VooDooPope like this.
  7. STR8Thugg

I used Floyd as an example bc he's the most prominent one. I quite frankly don't have time follow every complete story of every single person that is unjustly murdered.

8. fchowd0311

Ya so you don't have any good examples. Using a counterfeit 20 to buy cigs is a lot less egregious than storming the United States Capitol building, breaking windows and storming through them with a mob behind you.

VooDooPope likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

I think that's an extremely one-sided way of looking at it, but I'll just leave it as that.

There are a lot of people who are tired of being pawns in this chess game the government plays. I understand these views may upset people, and challenge the status quo. Let's just say I have far less trust in the government than most, and it really doesn't matter who is in office.

10. STR8Thugg

You do know that I am not outraged about this person being shot, right?

Like you do understand that very simple yet fundamental fact?

Also, admitting that I used an example of the first person that came to mind is not the same as saying "there are no good examples ever", this particular semantic of the conversation is just not that important to me.

I'm just sick and tired of the complete change in tune overnight when the demographic is flipped. All riots are bad.

11. fchowd0311

Dude, don't pretend that actual reality on the ground doesn't matter. People storming buildings because they believe in fake news the election was stolen isn't "not trusting the government". It's sucking the dick of a cult leader to the point of no end. They'll storm the Capitol building to suck his dick.

They didn't storm the Capitol because they were angry at the revolving door or campaign finance problems. No, they stormed the capitol to suck the dick of one man. That's it. They suck the dick of a man who inflated the national deficit which decreases the chances of normal people receiving genuine help because he wanted to give one of themlargest tax cuts to wealthy people and corporations because they successfully bribed many US politicians. He decreased federal tax burden for the wealthy to historic levels so much that we experienced this: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/americ...s-pay-a-lower-tax-rate-than-the-middle-class/

You want to storm the Capitol building killing and injuring law enforcement, you better have a better reason than your stupid platitudes or sucking the dick of a narcissistic reality tv star.

Magicsaint likes this.
  12. STR8Thugg

I definitely don't disagree with most of this.

I am not defending the actions in the capitol, at all. That does not make me happy, at all.

But if you want me to get on board and stomp my feet bc a few politicians felt uncomfortable and had their feathers ruffled, then sorry bout it.

But the whole thing that bothers me is deep down we all know the biggest reason most people are offended is bc the people rioting where white privilege and trump supporters, and very few people were outraged when hundreds of people were killed during BLM riots - and that hypocrisy bothers me - especially when what, maybe 4 people died bc of it, which is still 4 too many, but nowhere near the death toll resulting from riots early last year.

Again, to make it clear, I am not defending the MAGA riot at all - that is not what I am saying.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Im offended foremost because this was part of an organized coup.

VooDooPope, Patience and STR8Thugg like this.
  14. STR8Thugg

Fair

15. fchowd0311

Do you see your bias when you attribute "hundreds" to BLM activists when a large chunk of those deaths were from counter protesting Proud Boy types being edgelords showing up fully kitted out like they are going on a helo raid into a remote village in Afghanistan escalating the situation? Or how about the extremely more aggressive approach law enforcement used on those protestors?

And yes, motive and context matter. Arrest all rioters and looters. Charge them and indicte them. But still going to have more sympathy for people who have legitimate grievances.

16. STR8Thugg

Keep doing your best to paint me in a light that is consistent with your own bias.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

first and foremost charge the poeple who fed consipiracy theories, incited, egged on, and supported all these rioters

18. fchowd0311

Dude, I'm responding to what you typed. You said hundreds of deaths attributed to BLM without examining the context of Proud Boy type thugs escalating or law enforcement being far more aggressive.

Dude, I know the law enforcement community well in terms of their cultural attitudes. Many of my former peers are cops. I see what they say on social media. They all are far more sympathetic towards the rioters at the Capitol building than BLM protests. A large chunk of law enforcement in this country is part of the MAGA cult. They show their cultural bias when they supress these respective riots. They escalate signficantly more with the opposing culture/tribe. That's the sad reality of this country. A large part of our law enforcement are very politically and culturally biased. The police union president of the Chicago Police Department just came out in support of the Capitol insurrection. He also before said that ALL Muslims should be shot. He was voted in by Chicago Police and they protect him. Just imagine how Muslim residents in Chicago feel. imagine how afraid of the cops they are. That is the culture of law enforcement here.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not to be forgotten, these trump-inspired terrorists left three workings during the attack on the capital (including ones left at the RNC and DNC).

VooDooPope likes this.
  20. STR8Thugg

Well you can say things that there is no specific way to prove. Hundreds of people were killed as a result of BLM protests. Were there counter protesters? Sure. Were there counter protesters in DC? Sure, but they don't make up anywhere near a majority. If you are seriously going to say that every single wrong-doing was the result of counter protesters then alright man.

Neither one of us are going to change the other person's mind. Not in the slightest.