1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you Silas - a real coach!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jan 5, 2021.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Those personal reasons, which in part they are, will pay dividends down the line. If only for one simple fact: nobody can be as stubborn as MDA was when it came to adjusting in the playoffs. Except for the Night King in Boston lol. And I really deplore stubborn coaches, that’s the sole reason I did not want MDA back. Morey was part of that too though. I am just positive about Wood and what Silas is putting out there.

What I think is just funny as hell is saying things like we should be better than 2-4. Like really? Did we now watch that same drama filled off-season I did? Did we not start without a few guys? Did we not have 4-5 different starting line ups, guys quarantined, etc?

For a new coach, filled with new guys, rookies and a star who were not sure about what kind of messages he’s giving off behind closed doors? And injuries to key guys, is that not part of the estimate? We should be lucky to be 3-3 right now and we’ve been in 5 out of 6 games so I’m optimistic.

NewAge, randerson and UTSA2step like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

How do you know he was stubborn? The fact is, you guys wouldnt know what adjustments look like when he made them. Woods is terrible defensively, he's great offensively but terrible on the other end. The fact is...Mike knew what he was doing and this offense even fully healthy doesnt look that great. If you think Maclemore and House are gonna drastically change that, than I dont know what to tell you. Pay dividends down the line? How much time do you think we have?

Harden isnt tanking, he's isoing less and we are running a different offense and so far...it is worse than last year. Our defense is also way WAY worse than last year. At some point these excuses about roster and practice only get you so far. On last year's team we had Chris Paul on team. Then we had James Harden go super mode for us to be competitive again when he got injured(oh yea Dantoni has had injuries too shocker). Yes I saw that. If Harden has to average 40 for us to be competitive than this is not working out. Yea...we def should be better than 2-4 no matter how you want to slice it. If you are trying to win a chip and be better than...this what has to happen.

Lol you are optimistic because he's not Dantoni. We are trying to win a championship here. The talent should be there, we shoulndt be getting blown out by the Mavs and we shoulndt be losing to the Pacers. You started this weird thread to make it look like Silas has done a better job than Dantoni when in reality he's been worse.

D-rock likes this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden still not on shape and injured and being behind in learning his new Teammates and Coaches.

Missing a Week in the Season John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Eric Gordon.

Still missing Ben McLemore with his 3 Point Shooting can open the Floor for James Harden to drive easily.

The Rockets are still Learning and having Growing Pains. Very Positive about how John Wall is Looking, He looks Great with his Speed, Eric Gordon is in shape and Quick to the Basket. Christian Wood is a Legit All Star Talent.
    Jae'Sean Tate can really defend with his speed and plays a lot like Draymond Green. Maybe he becomes Power Forward.

I think the Rockets need a Backup PG, C and starting SF.

Danuel House really need to step up in scoring.
    P.J Tucker can't contribute any points and is declining defensively.

2 Starting Forwards have issues offensively and other Teams outscore them on a nightly basis.

The Rockets need to upgrade the Talent at the Forward Positions.

#143 rockets1995, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Plowman likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Okay, now you’re just disagreeing to disagree but that’s fine. You like to act like you know basketball while others don’t, it’s okay. Sure he did things, but in the big picture, very little. And you know it too. It’s okay to admit it.

Who’s talking about tanking? You are reading way too much in what I’m saying and I’m not even saying that at all. And sorry but trying to win a championship? Yeah, good luck with that dream. We’re just not. We’re holding on for dear life until Stone gets a great offer for Harden. You are really comparing injury situations now? Not even Popovich could’ve done better with this mess of injuries, quarantine, Harden drama etc. Don’t act like it’s similar to any previous event or time period because it isn’t.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

What? You havent presented anything except platitudes like "chemistry" and yea training camp is important but LOL it should not look this bad. You really havent given me anything to work with. We are 13th in offensive efficiency, that is bad...that's a huge drop off. And I dont see it getting better.

The point is Harden has bought in and if you can't produce a top offense with James Harden, you are doing something wrong. LOL okay so you like mediocrity and you think this team will be something once Harden leaves. If Harden leaves we are a bottom feeder for a long time. You will not be getting a number on option back for a championship squad in any Harden offers at all. And you will have to tank multiple years to be good again. If you have a team with James Harden you should better than 2-4. You can only use those excuses for so long. We should at least have some positive trends in all this, we do not. Are offensive and defensive efficiency are both bad.

D-rock likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Granted it was against a B team, but to say there’s no positives is just being a negative nancy. This was the 1st game where we had our 3pt shot going - thank you Ben and Tucker in particular- and mixed it up with some very efficient sets with lots of passing and quite some buckets due to players moving / cutting and getting passed to.

We have hungry young guys who all bring something. Tate cuts a lot, goes for rebounds and can finish, Sterling is showing great confidence in his 3pt shot and making them, Nwaba is playing the lanes on defense. Then veteran wise you can just see how much better we look with Ben on the floor and most guys being a threat. Cousins as frustrating as he is at times had some great passes from the top of the key. Wall got going. Harden went to the basket.

I see lots of positives and with the team soon fully healthy, we are going to be fine. Did you see Silas engaged on the sidelines, our defense hustle and showing much better positioning- though help defense needs work but that takes time - and it’s great Silas did not play starters lots of minutes in a blowout. I’m positive and my points stand :)

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  7. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

D"antoni is a trash coach, FOH

bmelo likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Based on what? You have no evidence to back up this garbage opinion. Why do people who dont know basketball insist on having such a strong opinion when they have no facts behind them???

BMoney and fckbandwagons like this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

So now that we're on a small roll, people calmed down yet on their negative opinions on this guy?

majicdonjuan and UTSA2step like this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Way better than Dantoni's stubborn ass.

majicdonjuan and ipaman like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

How would you know this? DAntoni has years of experience. Granted he hasn't won a championship, he's gotten far several times, Silas has yet to show what he can do in the playoffs when defenses adjust.

Also, he hasn't been successful in getting Dipo and Wall to run all the time and not iso'ing as much, is he going to let these guys continue doing what they want to do or is he going to put his foot down and demand they run his system?

HP3 likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

he shaved mustache and lost his pringles power. never was the same

HP3 and BamBam like this.
  13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

A winning Championship coach holds players to account. Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Rudy T to name a few. It takes balls to call out your star player. That’s why MDA is an assistant coach now.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

I've already seen Silas make more adjustments in 17 games than Dantoni's made in the last 4 years.

ROXTXIA and majicdonjuan like this.
  15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yessir finally a real coach that actually calls plays.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Houston sport fans are conditioned to appreciate moral victories.

17. OpportunityCost

Exactly!! I still would like to see more sets but I am encouraged with what I have seen when we have ran off-the-ball screens to get players like Gordon and Dipo better shots.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  18. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Silas is going to have a lot of success in this league with the right players.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

R U joking? Dan Tony couldn't spell adjustments.

Something important to me: This team is fun to watch.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

You no haha me...

The numbers are clear!...

Silas has Dream potential!

There I said it....o_O

Os Trigonum likes this.