1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin on James.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 6, 2021.

1. HardenVolumeOne

why do you care how he plays if you don’t want him here

2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I swear when I talk to some of you on here you are replying to other people. I WANT HARDEN TO PLAY RIGHT. I didnt ask Harden to ask for a trade lol He is here he needs to play right. He needs to play like he's being paid to do so ungrateful b*stard until he is traded if he is traded. Now I see what they meant when I saw someone say Harden only fan lol Youre a cult lol

Htown's Finest likes this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Was barely able to watch the game... but seeing Murphy’s comments made me analyze this one a bit differently....

the majority of the game Harden was trapped with double teams and made the right plays by passing out and letting the rest of the team play 4 on 3... looked very familiar to last year except Wall did more with those opportunities —- our role players were still bricklaying from 3

I decided to look at the last 4 minutes objectively and play by play just watch Harden. I have to disagree with Murph.. Harden didn’t pout or do anything that suggested he quit

-4 minutes to go Harden passes to a wide open Gordon... brick

-next possession wall has a switch/mismatch and takes advantage on a drive like he had all night

-3 min left Harden shuts down a drive by brogdon

-next possession harden runs a 2 man game with tucker.... turnover due to Myles turners length and having 7 blocks at that point. Harden was kicking to tucker but hesitant to force a floater over turner... leads to a fast break foul

-next play harden layup due to better spacing on the 2 man game up top

-brogdon lucky bounce on a 3

-wall turnover off a sloppy inbounds play/no whistle

-brogdon gets a block foul on PJ/harden was in position to ensure brogdon did not get an and 1... next play ends with Sabonis putback

-Harden steps back with the team down 4 ... miss - he’s done this his whole career

-shot clock violation on IND/harden boxed out sabonis

-next play good pass to Nwaba, goes up weak and is blocked.. no floater from Harden because he was smart enough to know he did not have his shot going and turner and sabonis were close

-28 seconds.. play ran for Wall... Wall turns it over

what did stand out to me was...

1. Cousins being benched down the stretch was definitely a head scratcher with turner and sabonis in. Especially how Cousins played earlier.

2. All game the refs let them play which led to a lot of drives not ending with whistles. Players adjust to the non-calls especially the high IQ players like Harden

3. We can’t shoot threes to save our lives. Hardens shot was off too. It is what it is. Mac/Green/House maybe help that???

4. Harden played within the offense. Ironically it is exact what a lot of posters on CF have wanted for years

our switch D was our most respectable D so far this season but even last night they were gashed with a ton of layups where slip screens and lack of communication hurt....

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you do realize Calvin is employed by the rockets, right?

Richie_Rich and Deckard like this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So you tell me in the first paragraph that PLAYERS win Championships. Then in paragraph two you tell me that Harden should have beaten Golden St.’ s BiG 3.5? They had more great players and won the mighty Western Conference and the chip. They had a better roster & as YOU SAID, PLAYERS are the main reason that teams win. The Warriors had a superior team with more great players so the odds were in their favor and they closed the deal. It happens.Hats off to the Warriors.

Harden 31 wants out and should be obliged. Especially with Tillman slashing costs right and left. Hell he was probably one of the few owners in the NBA that was happy about being Hard capped. Now he doesn’t have to worry about having to tell his 1st year low salary GM that he can’t spend more money on players. On to the rebuild....

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He should still “ Keep it real “ right?

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Nope....usually waits for the playoffs for this type of performance.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don’t think it’s going to click all of a sudden for James so I’d just go ahead and ramp up trade talks and look to get a deal done.

He’s just not going to give max effort if he’s not getting some kind of stat out of the possession. He wants the assist or the points. Good screens, pass to assists, being a believable decoy...

He’s not interested in any of that crap.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah Harden can go. F him.

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Harden can’t have a bad game without people saying he quit. Lol held to a different standard.

11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

So you totally ignore the fact that Dirk, Hakeem, and Bill did what Harden was unable to do in similar situations? Lol ok buddy, you win...

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Exactly my point.

You think Ted Cruz is really a mouth breathing moron and truly believed all these sh't about voter frauds?

They are both doing the same sh't for self interests.

At least Bill had the guts to speak on national TV.

13. csc177

csc177 Member

Hoping my Jaylon Brown wish comes true...

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

2nd part of that answer:

Rockets with Harden: opponents average 119 pts per game (1 overtime game included)

Rockets without Harden: opp scored 94 pts (1 gm w/o Harden.....only gm Rockets held a team under 113 pts.)

Just Saying. Things that make you say hmmm.

#274 ApacheWarrior, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    saleem likes this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You named 3 guys in history of the sport! Stretching hard bro! But I’ll give you this, Dream34 & Dirk are better than Harden. But Which of those teams that these guys beat could have beaten that Warriors team?

16. fattz

fattz Member

Harden has offended the organization by asking for a trade publicly. The organization is made up of people that live to love the organization. They fell they helped build it from the ground up. I don’t know this as fact but I’m sure both Bill and Calvin’s feelings are hurt by Harden’s actions and intentions. Calvin and Bill are not employees but more so fans working from emotion. Yes the mic was hot and Bill with his comment earlier need to keep it professional because Harden is still a Rocket. Both are employees that are here to sell the team. Harden is still the team so both need reprimanding, IMO.

17. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

You made a broad statement that Harden was so overwhelmed when he played the Warriors because they had 3 star players. I showed you proof that despite insurmountable odds other players like Dream, Dirk, and Bill have succeeded. You're so in love with James Harden that you can't admit that you got called on your BS. The NBA has only been around for 74 years, three guys in the history of the sport that overcame the odds mean that it was very possible for Harden to do the same thing. That LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Heat team could have probably easily contended with that Warriors team. And if you tell me different that just confirms your lack of basketball knowledge.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

He acted like he didn't want to be there against Dallas too.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

basically

Rocket River

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  20. Asian Sensation

2021 and still defending Harden for all his BS. Never change Harden Only Fans. Never change.