1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Panic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pr0wler, Jan 7, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All but 3 teams in the west have 4 Ls lol. We're fine, for now. We need to turn it around quickly though.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I’m not panicking...I’m twerking...;)

Go Rockets!!!

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Its only panic if you thought this team was going to be immediately great this off-season, which far too many Clutchfans did after watching player highlight reels. Some of us were telling people to stay calm then.

This team has to play 3 consecutive games with a full roster (that includes McLemore, whose shooting we really need off the bench) for us to even try to start finding what the teams equilibrium is.

ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

2-4 don't panic
    2-5 we just ran into a hot magic team
    2-6 well its the Lakers
    2-7 WTF why NBA arrange the same back to back, its dumb
    2-8 its hard against coach Pop
    2-9 WTF again with double back to back same team?
    2-10 scheduling loss, bad time to go to Chicago

want more?

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

optimism is free

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  6. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

No, it’s definitely time to panic.

This is not a normal season. Patience runs real thin when things aren’t clicking after deciding to keep a disgruntled star. Everyone knew it was important to get off to a hot start. Yet, there’s a decent chance we’re 2-7 by next week.

7. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

CLUTCHFANS ANTHEM RIGHT NOW.

8. dmoneybangbang

Again, the issue is time + Harden. I think this team has a decent core that can be unlocked with more time, but that's something we don't have.

Who knows exactly what went on behind the scenes in the ownership/front office but we certainly didn't have the foresight to hedge and use this shortened season to do a proper retool. Expiring contracts instead of Wall/Griffin, contract and cap machinations to keep ROCO and get Wood through SNT or FA, Harden eating shrimp and getting lap dances with a "high ankle sprain" so we can go for a top 4 pick, etc. Maybe Harden wouldn't be on board, but at least we'd be in a better position to move on.

I'm not panicked, just resigned to a messy breakout.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I mean, it's been quite a roster shuffle with protocols and injuries. It's pretty obvious the offense is in a weird state of transition anyway and the organization has done it's best to pretend like there's not a gigantic elephant in the room. So like... I guess acting like nothing is wrong isn't working out perfectly?

pr0wler and HP3 like this.
  10. realonemo

realonemo Member

I don't like these lineups. Tate and Nwaba can't shoot and playing them together is not ideal. We need Ben back the next game and hopefully House doesn't miss too much time.

pr0wler likes this.
  11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Definitely need House to come back and play consistent basketball like he did last season for stretches. I wonder if his back has been bothering him which is why the poor start. Either way, we just need more consistency from every position but that won't happen until the lineup/rotation is set and everyone is healthy. Although that predictability is never guaranteed. Unpredictability is killing us right now.

BamBam likes this.
  12. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Unfortunately this will be a transition year, at least until we receive a fair offer for Harden. We'll probably hover around .500 at least as long as Harden's still here. Reminds me of the last year he and Dwight Howard played together.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Relying on Ben McLemore and Danuel House is fool's gold.

Both are simply rotation players, at best.

Not having full rotation due to injuries and missed games is problematic for sure but it truly co.es down to execution of the new offensive and defensive systems.

And if any of those systems are ill fits to current personnel, then even perfect execution does not matter.

HP3 likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Knicks forum every year:

"1 game in: time to panic??"

D-rock likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And they always have reason to, don’t they? I’m not panicking. Onward through the fog!

D-rock likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

They have the GOAT Austin Rivers now, they dont have to panic.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the sad thing is I can see it EXACTLY unfolding this way in my mind right now ... exactly this way

pr0wler likes this.
  18. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

it's easy not to panic when you don't care

19. HP3

HP3 Member

But I can also say that this dude wants everyone to be miserable as well. :D

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. ballgame

ballgame Member

Am I missing something??? I look at this roster and I see the most talent we've had in YEARS but everyone (MAINLY THE NAYSAYERS ON SPORTS 610) keep saying the Rockets don't have a chance this year. I think our only problem is not having enough practice time and players being in and out of the lineup.

pr0wler and DreamShook like this.