1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. Xerobull

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yes, terrorists. Them being delusional doesn’t change the magnitude of what they did. Nooses outside the building. IEDs and pipe bombs found. Weapons. “Murder the media” engraved on a door. Confederate flags everywhere. Who knows what they would’ve done if they got their hands on any officials.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they were armed to the teeth, had ties for hostages, and were looking from traitor Pence

5. RESINator

RESINator Member

Charlottesville: “Very fine people.”
    Proud Boys: “Stand back and stand by.”
    Terrorist attack on the Capitol: “We love you.”

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Who’s the black guy in the sea of white people ?

AroundTheWorld and Andre0087 like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

1. No, not every single one.
    2. Yes, by the same measure. (And I have been an anti-war protester who did zero trespassing, looting, defacing, etc)

BigM likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Not sure but black folks have a name for him.

9. Xerobull

10. Xerobull

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

If trump had won and Antifa/BLM was doing the same it would be called mostly peaceful protesters by CNN I guarantee

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I appreciate your consistency, but I wouldn’t call that terrorism. Looting/trespassing/defacing/vandalism is criminal behavior, no question. Terrorism is violence directed against civilians to a political end, not simply damaging public property and being disruptive. I think we need to be really careful about what we call terrorism.

Some of these people were crazy and undoubtedly were capable of committing terrorist acts (and perhaps would have been willing to do so if presented with the opportunity). But breaking into the Capitol building is not, to me, a terrorist act, however ignoble the cause is.

ROXRAN likes this.
  13. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...well...

...I suppose it's one way for the United States to be leading the world in something.

...not my first choice of things to lead the world in, mind you...but still....;)

14. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...he's there to remind everybody what it looks like to be a Negro whose mind has been freed from the control of the plantation of Democrats.

...or so I've heard…;)

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What would your definition of a terrorist be then. They had pipe bombs and stuff too.

I think they are rioters and terrorists.

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

2020 has been the year of destructive mob mentality... 2021, nothing ever changes

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'll repeat myself. Pipe bombs were found. I guess you needed them to go off to stop trying to argue this? I know you like finding some impartial common ground for everything, but this, really?

mdrowe00 and nacho bidness like this.
  18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i doubt it. and as far as elected officials, we have prominent democrats like biden and the mayor of atlanta who condemed violence when it was antifa/BLM. meanwhile trump has spent 5 years encouraging violence and cheering it on when its his people doing it. over and over again he refused to condemn his supporters when they engaged in violence.

why is this "whataboutism" the only response that you trump suck-ups can offer? can you actually condemn what you saw yesterday? maybe you did and i missed it.

the reality is that law enforcement and the military went around beating the crap out of peaceful BLM protestors over the summer and not only stood down for the trump fascists, but actually took photos with them and in one video appeared to open up the gates to the capitol and allowed the trump fascists in.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Can you state your objection to DC and PR statehood?

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Armed though, to stop a joint session of Congress? Agree to disagree.

21. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The coverage would have been very different, undoubtedly. If it was Antifa/BLM, you’d have the military in there and a lot more people getting shot. It would have unfolded in a very different way.

BigM and B-Bob like this.