1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 1/6/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2021.

1. HardenVolumeOne

wiggins, oubre, paschall are all superior players to nwaba, tate or sterling brown. You get what you pay for in the nba

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Wow, it’s hard to find someone more ignorant that Trump supporters and more selfish than Trump, you are the champ.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

which ironically was caused by John wall lolol

jayydela and D-rock like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Miss Gerald green here. He would’ve nailed a couple instead of Nwaba’s sorry ass. As good as he is on defense I really don’t like him as he can’t shoot 3s or FTs. Complete scoring liability except for when he flashes in the paint. Those corner 3s are so important to hit though.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Really needed a win here but oh well. Here come the fakers soon:(

BamBam likes this.
  6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I dunno. Having a true big is so important. When we had clint it was so difficult to score in the paint against the Rox with him camping in there. Guards would just pass it out or dribble back out to the perimeter. Teams are attacking wood at will knowing he sucks. Need that Taj Gibson type dude to hold it down.

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Nwaba is irritating me. If a player can’t shoot 3s or FT in this league what good is he? Certainly not a 3-D player. Really hurt us past couple games.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s like we can’t have a decent well rounded wing guy ever lol. Ariza and ROCO couldn’t dribble drive and offensively limited. True 3-D players lol. House can do both but is erratic offensively and is the closest thing we have to being a complete wing guy. Nwaba can’t shoot anything but can drive a little and dunk. Ariza was special though being a tough, long, elite defender that could shoot and help lead those great Rox teams.

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Need more than that I’m afraid. But this season is reminding me of two years ago with that melo team. They played their g league guys and got couple good waiver pickups/buyouts and righted the ship. Think they can do the same this season. Like most folks here I think they need to get that defensive big, backup vet pg and bring back green. I don’t think you can play Nwaba if he keeps shooting like trash. It’d be interesting when mac comes back. That Thomas guy they kept instead of green is trash btw smh.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Only 15 points but Brogdon was giving him nothing. He was all over with great defence. I think we take Harden for granted when he is scoring 30+ every game and as soon as he scores less, he gets attacked a bit from fans

can we get a full roster to work with soon and get a normal rotation finally

D-rock, Rocket River and Stephen_A like this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Thats always been the Rockets/Morey way of business though. I guess their model was a 3-D player literally just playing D and shooting 3s and Ariza was the prototype. That’s why they loved Roco so much. And they have tried to get a lot of 3-D guys for cheap (Clark, house, Nwaba, Tate) based on the Luc model hoping to find a gem at a discount. But this was in due to the MDA system in place which prizes these types of players to spread out the offense for ISO harden. Management might need to change their approach with a more dynamic Silas offense. They need well rounded guys that can shoot dribble drive and defend.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah I’m interested in how they will implement mac. I’m guessing Nwaba may be the odd man out if he keeps up this garbage shooting. I miss Gerald so much and imagine the shots he and mac would be firing off and making. Need Gerald back!

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Arent Rox already in luxury tax? What’s another vet min going to do? Sign Taj Gibson or a big that can defend! AD will eat wood alive.

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s that “shut up and dribble” mentality. The “you are the workhorse and have no thoughts or say in the matter and whatever you do that we deem to be unprofessional or lack of effort is because we say so.” The “it’s never good enough even though you’ve literally bled and felt pain for this team and city” mentality. The “you aren’t a human being but a beast impervious to pain and put here on this earth to serve us who paid thousands of dollars for season tickets to be entertained from your physical labor and toil” mentality.

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Because spoelstra can instantly and magically make Nwaba Tate and Wall great shooters?

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

He doesnt want to land on legs after awkward layups because its easiest way to get injured. Controlled fall is way better than awkward landing for joints

Astrodome likes this.
  17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I don’t get the offense. Wall shouldn’t be handling the ball this much. Harden needs to be primary playmaker. That’s why it’s so hard to pair a guard with harden and CP3 might have been the best fit. But I think mcollum, klay or Middleton type guy would also be a great fit. The prototypical guard next to harden would be a shooter that can handle and dribble drive but plays off ball coming off flares and screens etc. And the second star or scoring option would likely be a wing or big. This is why I think blazers are the best fit for harden. They need to do a dame for harden swap and put tuck in that mix. I tell you blazers would be dominant with that group. Now we have the dame wall problem lol. This is all fantasy but my opinion on best fit for James.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I meant when he falls and loses the ball. Seems like he forces a lot of dribble drives when he clearly doesn’t have a lane. I say again silas needs to play him as a 6th man and start EG. Get Taj Gibson to start with Wood. Move tuck to bench and start house. This should stabilize and calm the offense. Offense just doesn’t look calm out there.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

we are not gonna win games with Gordon and Harden shooting 20% from 3 and guys like John Wall and Tucker shooting 0% from 3. If you are going to be a 3-pt shooting team, you need to have guys that can shoot the 3 consistently. We are kidding ourselves; we need a new identity. there's still a lot of work to do on the roster because Tucker is declining, Wall is not all the sudden a good 3 pt shooter, and Gordon hasn't been reliable for over 2 yrs now from 3.

I'm excited by Tate but we have more work to do on the roster.

#1099 Aruba77, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  20. TimDuncanDonaut