1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 1/6/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2021.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He's been assistant for 20 years. Not even a seasoned coach can't handle a disgruntled superstar. I think he's been doing a good job sticking to the just the game and out of the drama.

Stephen_A and DeBeards like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm surprised the NBA played tonight

There was a literal coup attempt by white supremacists and the outgoing President. The capitol building was occupied by armed QAnon crazies in broad daylight. Jacob blake's attackers were cleared yesterday. (That caused a shutdown in the summer, if you recall)

Honestly I forgot all about the Rockets game.

Stephen_A and MettaWorldPete like this.
  3. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Ariza averaged around 36% from the 3point line on almost 7!!!! attempts a game. Believe it or not, thats really really hard to do in the NBA. If Nwada can do that, considering he's already a stellar defensive player, he would be a 15 million a year kind of player. There is a reason guys like Ariza(in his prime) and Covington are coveted around the league.

4. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Case of a Veteran coach vs rookie.
    Never show weakness because if you do then you've truly lost.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Excuses? Go read the tweets I was quoting. Are they making excuses to? Ankle sprains are no joke. They are usually a minimum two week on the sideline injury. He should not be playing

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  6. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I read those tweets bro, what does that mean though? A lot of guys are banged up, it was a short off season. Rolling your ankle is just part of the game unfortunately. Everyone injures their ankles in basketball bro lol, this is so elementary. I'm not saying play hurt. But if you are hurt then go get better because you are at a much bigger risk of re-injury. But if you decide to play then I don't want to hear about said player being hurt, because had James dropped 60 points tonight with those 12 assist nobody on this site would ever bring up the point that James is dealing with an ankle injury. You're not going to say that when he is rolling, so why say it when he has a bum game? It goes both ways is my point.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

your not a real rockets fan , better go to d and d with the politics!

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the best thing they need not shoot it at all just go in the paint and dunk it like nwaba did

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why shoot at all?
    nwaba is excellent at driving and tate is crafty in the paint... let em do their thing..several players on the warriors didnt shoot 3 well yet they contributed to the best team of all times

Denovo likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Well that was my point. He needs to be resting his ankle. No point playing on it when it won’t accomplish anything worthwhile

Htown's Finest likes this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Funny aint it

CHAMPBOY likes this.
  12. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Agreed

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Why does Wall keep falling down during his dribble drives? He just looks out of synch with Harden. Harden has looked like a average guard past 2 games often deferring. Not sure what’s going on. Team looked more methodical on offense today I thought. More calming with cousins in the middle. They really need to place a defensive big to play with wood. Also Rox can’t seem to capitalize when they are given opportunities this season. Trend that is disturbing.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

4 on 3 still is not working

When do we get all our players back?

Rocket River

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Then why are you still watching the NBA when they are taking a knee before the game and also wearing all kind of messages on their jerseys nowadays?

So you are just a hypocrite?

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

FFS Wanting to not be discriminated against IS NOT POLITICS

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LOL,

so when you were seeing these 4 letters on many players jerseys this summer : VOTE.

You actually believed that's a campaign for CP3 to get elected for his second term as the president of the player union?

18. HardenVolumeOne

I only watch the rockets and am a fan of harden. A player who keep politics out of his job

19. HardenVolumeOne

and that’s why the nba tv ratings were at historical lows. Nobody wants that garbage in their sports me time

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Because black people are having their poll places taken away by the republican party. The message is there to stop discrimination. The majority of players in the NBA are black. Its not the same thing.