1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, it is similar to 9/11. It's the emotional impact of seeing something that hasn't happened since 1814, when the British burned the building down. It was sudden and completely unexpected. Even worse, those responsible for protecting that sacred building seemed lost, without leadership, without numbers, and why?

Unlike the pandemic, which has killed hundreds of times more Americans than 9/11 in what could almost be described as happening in horrific slow motion, completely and deliberately bereft of leadership at the very top of the executive branch of our country. Like 9/11, this was sudden. This was horrific, but the victim was the bedrock of our country. The symbol and the reality of our democracy assaulted like a woman being raped.

Nook, Reeko, R0ckets03 and 5 others like this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

[​IMG]
    Remember this was the scene when BLM was peacefully protesting at the capitol.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

4. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Out of all the morons who've inhabited this board in the 20 years I've been on it, you might be the first person I block.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can believe that crap all you want. Funny how countries like Australia make your logic seem stupid. We could have contained it far better until this vaccination came out. We could have saved thousands of needless deaths.

Hmmmm710 and DVauthrin like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'll never forget this image.

Also, I want to create a video of today's sad mayhem with a Dukes of Hazard theme song soundtrack, with little clips of Hawley and Cruz. "Just two good ole boys... Never meanin' no harm..."

VooDooPope, jiggyfly, Nook and 3 others like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

he should be banned, people who are that delusional should not be given any platform.

DD

Hmmmm710 and VooDooPope like this.
  8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I'm going to try to look for positives today:

• Many people who I know or are related to that are Trump supporters are sickened today, and re-examining their support for this dude.
    • Hopefully...prayerfully...all sides of the aisle can re-examine their rhetoric. The use of social media is dangerous. Rhetoric is dangerous. A lot of hands were burned on the pan today...hopefully it'll be a lesson
    • Maybe...just maybe...we can begin to find some common ground when this is said and done, and we'll examine the way we treat each other, speak with each other, put on each other's shoes (as it were) to walk a mile...often when stuff hits the fan, people pull together
    • Like I said before: congress...both sides...giving these people the double rods and going back into session tonight is a powerful message. Maybe we can remember this day as a victory of sorts. You may storm the doors of our most hallowed institutions, but we'll still hold our government function that same day jerks.
    • I think, hopefully, after the initial excitement of "being a patriot" for a lot of these idiots wore off...many realized something bad happened. There was still a strong core of the most anarchist Trump supporters, but I think a lot sort of realized what was happening and left. That's why you didn't see a lot of damage, burning, looting, spray paint. In fact, I would bet the vast majority just thought they were going to march up to the congress and protest...as earlier in the day there were apparently a lot of families, kids, and old people in the crowd...and it got progressively younger during the day as people left.

9. CometsWin

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Captain America is offended

mdrowe00 and NotInMyHouse like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I welcome the effort, but possess a rather large amount of skepticism.

mdrowe00, Reeko and DVauthrin like this.
  12. CometsWin

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Those two should be censured and removed from office.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it depends what they were armed with

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't really care if the black shirts engage in more violence. They'd lose in a straight fight and I wouldn't be sorry to see them go. You seem to be saying we should be afraid, we should succumb to terror, and we should make concessions to criminals. That's not my point of view. If they want to fight the full power of the state, I'll grab my popcorn.

Hmmmm710, Reeko, DVauthrin and 3 others like this.
  16. edwardc

edwardc Member

TERRORIST but 45 will never call them what they are.

Reeko, vlaurelio and Ubiquitin like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Incredible. Those like him and anyone who entered the capital have to pay for what they did with years behind bars. In his case, many years.

Reeko, R0ckets03 and DVauthrin like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"PROTESTER" - lol that's not a protester.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

45 is a terrorist himself.

DD

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

True very true my question is where are all the people that were complaining about BLM protesting why have they all been silent on this terrorist act.

VooDooPope and Deckard like this.