1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cancel Culture: A Vindictive Teen Destroy a Classmate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

some people just like to see white people get theirs. You will go in circles with reeko and co.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Agree to disagree. It's a handful of uber wealthy people surrounded by normies.

Odds are that any given person from Leesburg is going to be living in a home that is worth 400-600K and going to a mediocre Loudon county school. If you're one of those people living in a 5 acre 3MM mansion you go to private school.

These kids in fact went to a public school (Heritage High School) which is not great. I'm guessing these kids weren't "rich" unless your definition is not based on the actual DC area.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That b**** deserved it.:eek:

I'm kidding but I also have a lot say about women getting hit after getting in guys face and provoking them.

I would never react like that but are women equal to men or not?

I am not saying hitting a woman is ever right but do you want to be treated totally equal or not?

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup a good indication of how wealthy a neighborhood is are school district rankings due to how almost all funding for k-12 schools is determined through local property taxes.

Phillyrocket likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bro, yes she did. She posted it on her Snapchat, and he was able to save it. She posted it.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Exactly. A million bucks can buy you a lot in Leesburg. It won't buy you **** near or in the beltway.

It's easy to drive around Leesburg and see nothing but 5 acre 3MM mansions and think the place is Beverly Hills 2.0, but it isn't.

It's a very small number of wealthy people surrounded by an ocean of middle class, which is not at all uncommon for an exurban place 45+ minutes outside of a big metro area.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How would you know anything about her pattern of behavior? Glad to know the only time in her life she ever used a racial slur was when she was 15 and decided to video herself doing it and send it to people.

She doesn't have to stay at a CC, but probably did because it was at the last minute. She can transfer to any number of colleges, many on par with the University of Tennessee (and FWIW, probably better that she goes to a more diverse school anyway).

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The school is not terrible either.

"This school is above the state average in key measures of college and career readiness.

Even at schools with strong college and career readiness, there may be students who are not getting the opportunities they need to succeed."

9. fchowd0311

Also last time I CHECKED Steven Jackson is still getting gigs on tv after anti-semetic sentiments. Last time I checked, Deshaun Jackson still is playing for the Eagles.

Nook and Duncan McDonuts like this.
  10. fchowd0311

I think he's distinguishing between a public post like a facebook post or a tweet that is publicly viewed and a snapchat between friends that isn't.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And you are saying this based on a 2 sec video that was edited.

How do you know she needs to go to a more diverse school?

That word is used way more on HBCU's than any state school.

Astrodome likes this.
  12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Heritage definitely has rich white kids. I do see that it’s 19% hispanic now. That kid is going to a private school in California? Thats impressive.

13. fchowd0311

Really? So now the onus isn't on the claimant? If there is a pattern of behavior, prove it. We don't make drastic decisions such as expulsion from colleges based on assumptions.

Also, I'm pretty confident this incident is going to effect her admissions to other selective schools. This really ****s with her life. Have some basic sense of empathy. Her "crime against humanity" from saying the N word at 15 doesn't warrant the punishment she has endured . Full stop.

#153 fchowd0311, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Tomstro likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes it was to Snapchat but it was to specific people and not to him, he got it much later from somebody else.

So you are still wrong, you act like she posted it for all to see.

It really does not matter if she was singing a song you still are taking it out of context.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's pretty eye opening how vindictive people are and makes me realize its not only a Trump issue its human nature.

God help us.

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. juicystream

Because someone that videos themselves using that word definitely feels way too comfortable using it.

You keep acting like its the end of her life. Heck, she could have stayed at Tennessee if she really wanted to.

17. Major

Major Member

Seems like the blame for this likes squarely on the University of Tennessee. 15 year olds do stupid things. 18 year olds do stupid things. But that 18 year old had no power unless it was given to him - and that's what UT did. They didn't have to kick her out or pressure her to leave. Probably half the kids at every university is Mississippi and Alabama would be kicked out of school if this is the standard. I'm sure there are plenty of overt racists at every university in America that aren't getting kicked out of school. Frats and sororities still have parties with blackface that don't lead to all the kids getting kicked out.

DVauthrin, jiggyfly, Tomstro and 2 others like this.
  18. fchowd0311

She was kicked out of the school? How was it her choice?

19. juicystream

When you send it out, you send it for all to see. That's reality. They hammer that home constantly to teenagers.

20. juicystream

She wasn't actually kicked out. She was pressured into withdrawing.