1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five games in..... so what do we have?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Jan 5, 2021.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We have a team that looks like it hasn't had much time to gel.

We have a team that looks like its best player decided he wanted out and created a **** storm.

We have a team where its best player looks visibly out of shape.

We have a team that may or may not get a full season to give it a full run. A trade for Brown/Smart/Picks interests me more now than a few weeks ago because this definitely doesn't look like a team whose ceiling is much more than a second round exit.

#21 treyk3, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What are the lifetime stats on Clutchfans for posters saying /thread and it ending after they've declared it?

Richie_Rich, D-rock, ipaman and 2 others like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

0 for infinity

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This is a better team with Cousins on the floor. If he can keep himself from getting technical fouls and ejected and play more minutes, then this team will be more formidable. 10 - 15 minutes a night isn't going to do it.

We haven't seen the real Houston Rockets yet. Much more time is needed and Cousins has to be more involved.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

@Clutch will probably enjoy knowing that his legacy will go on for infinity.

D-rock, BamBam and Verbal Christ like this.
  6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

blow it up!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, this looks like a team who didnt have a preseason and not enough practices.

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This team lost its identity from last year. Gotta find one soon or Harden is bailing.

Right now everyone is on different pages on how to play the game, offense and defense. There's no consistency

8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think Gordon and PJ are expendable. Who knows? I want those 2 to raise their stocks.

If Wall finds his mojo its a win win.

We need a big and we need snipers

saleem likes this.
  9. Rockets4Life13

probably 0%

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You seem like very seriously checking on the stats after 5 games, so here is one for you.

The Rockets so far played 4 teams and NONE of them are currently above .500, with a combined records of 11-15.

Easily one of the weakest schedule so far in the NBA.

dmoneybangbang and saleem like this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

A starting six with a couple of back ups

12. Clutch City1993

I dont think records matter right now. Kings are good on paper and we beat them back 2 back. I was surprised.

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  13. Clutch City1993

Also, are we not getting a DPE for Clemons?

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Is this even true? Harden's conditioning may not be what it should be but there is no visible evidence to me that he looks out of shape.

fattz, D-rock and saleem like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That would be disappointing and if that is what Harden sees it probably makes it tough to see him wanting to stay (unless he changes his priorities).

dmoneybangbang, D-rock and Nook like this.
  16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

This will be an " It is what it is" type season... It's gonna be alot of " if John Wall can stay healthy" , " If Harden stays" , and " If Boogie can stay locked in" posts coming... Wood is not a future star, so stop it! He's a good upgrade , which isn't saying much... The team has potential to make a lil noise but realistically, we're no where close to being contenders with or without Harden.... It is what it is!...

Greedydex likes this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You watching the games?

Are you in good shape?

Have you ever been in worse than ideal shape and tried to play pick up?

Harden looks like I do trying to do something physical after taking two weeks off from any type of cardiovascular exercise and during said break I spend it eating/drinking whatever I want during that period. It only takes a few weeks to get back to normal but it is rough in the interim.

If you can't tell he's in less than ideal shape, you need to pay better attention. He always takes some time to play into shape but this is a new level. He constantly looks gassed. If he weren't so talented the stat lines would be much worse.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Kings will be in the lottery... Those 2 wins really aren't saying much...

saleem likes this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I posted in the trade thread . If we could get Holmes for house and Clemons it allows us to play another big with wood or cousins (if needed ) and more importantly help us avoid situations last night where you have to go small .

ie if cousins or wood is out .

I’d throw in 2 firsts to make that happen . But prolly not 3 . I’d add in a 2nd too . I think maybe we could do for 1st one 2nd

house isn’t a bad player . Holmes will be FA.
    Does Sac want to keep him ? Is draft capital what they want for him .

keep eg . Have harden wall Nwaba : Gordon Brown (maclemore) . Tucker Tate (green ) . Wood cousins Holmes.

96 min at 4/5

wood 32 PJ 26 boogie 18 Holmes 20 Flexible game to game .

we can shorten the rotation in the playoffs if PJ is shooting 50 from the corner . Tate deserves 10-15 min too but maybe he gets some time at the “3“

we’ve been playing small ball (counting house as a 3/4 and playing with PJ and or Tate as the other 4/5 .

But damn with harden and walls PnR passing ability we can hammer teams inside with woods , cousins , and Holmes . It’s takes a toll . And we rack up fouls .

if cousins starts playing well watch out .

I think we have enough small ball defenders in brown , nwaba , and Tate that house is expendable for the right piece .

you’d like to see those guys hit the 3 tho . House is more of a proven shooting threat .

But the idea of having versatility to play big is too enticing . I don’t think Bruno has it .

house Clemons maclemore ,
    That’s what we can move without having to move a big piece . And y’all wanna move Pj but let’s let the season keep going a bit . If house is available . And with Tate , Cousins , and wood here ... we gotta get his minutes down and hopefully he finds his form

Nook and BamBam like this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

and in his first game back dropped 44 points and 17 assists.

Wish I was in THAT bad a shape.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.