1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 1/4/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2021.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Yes he needs to get better on that end no doubt but I'm still impressed with him so far overall.

Stephen_A and D-rock like this.
  2. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Wood is not a C. He kept on waiting outside and inside D is exposed everytime they drive. PJ, i hate to say it but he is not a starter anymore. Harden was lazy today and was always on ISO mode. He needs to connect with his teammates especially moving without the ball in his hands especially now that we have John. Tate was the only positive tonight.

Little Bit likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Called it.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just hate how he stands by the half court logo when he doesn’t have the ball.

MOVE MAN RUN AROUND SOME SCREENS GET OPEN SET SOME SCREENS FOR YOUR TEAMMATES.

This is why we need to trade him I don’t care if it’s pennies on the dollar.

Htown's Finest and latebloomer19 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably just against potential Top 5 teams.

snowconeman22 and juanm34 like this.
  7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden shouldn't have been playing. He should have missed the next few games until he's fully healthy. But we do this all the time; rush Harden back and gamble on whether he can carry us with a knock or whatever. Shows that we're always a one-man team.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. MettaWorldPete

It's really hard to watch on the offensive and defensive end for me this year, at least in our bad games before we had systems that made sense. My only hope is the small sample size. I am surprised by how bad we look on the offensive end. Defense is more like what I expected after losing Covington. Very reminiscent of losing Ariza/Moute.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No Worries MavsFan
    Have a good evening .. . go celebrate

Rocket River

J.R. likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Must be new here. ;)

juanm34 and CK Johnson like this.
  11. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I think the most damning thing about Harden is that he has had no chemistry with any co-star. Sure, the Chris Paul Rockets worked out, but that's because Chris Paul was great on his own (in the 2017-18 season) and Harden was great on his own. They weren't really playing off each other. Just give me a certain pair where the chemistry was palpable. Harden just does his dribble-dribble thing. If it doesn't work out, he passes it to someone else and exits the screen. I'd be wary if I was any already-talented team looking to chase a championship.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Offesively yea, but....man this is just awful, its no point if we are this bad on defense.

BasketMAD and MettaWorldPete like this.
  13. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Here's the thing. We dont know what he said when he threw his hands up after the basket.

If he said anything resembling "where's my ****ing foul? Do your ****ing job". Thats an instant tech. He's Damarcus Cousins, he has a history of erupting after unfavorable calls.

Gordon b**** alot too but he's smart enough to not verbalize his emotion. Cousins scream and throw the f bomb around like crazy.

14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Go watch Steph then, it’s not like you’re contributing anything sensational here anyway.

Also, who exactly did Harden have on his team during the first two losses, exactly? I see you’ve conveniently left that out.

I think Harden played like ass today too but he deserves credit when he plays well, and he’s carried shitty teams far more often—and better—than Curry ever did.

15. PWR

PWR Member

If Harden was in during those comebacks, he wouldn't have the worst +/- on the team.

16. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Amen

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hey man I personally could give a **** about what you post, I don't care one way or another. But you are the one who gets defensive when people call you out on it. I post both negatives and positives about what I see in a game threads, some people just like to only **** on certain players regardless what is going on in a game.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can do it, however, nobody said he'll do it well, or he has to do it in elite fashion.

19. realonemo

realonemo Member

He has become too robotic now. Put him on the block and let him go to work. It's a different look for the defense.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Coach: We really could have used house tonite. . . . for his ability to defend . . ..

Clutchfans: Oh Really?? House was the difference tonite???

Rocket River

DreamShook likes this.