1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 1/4/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2021.

1. PWR

PWR Member

Can the 5 Out offense really work when your team only had one 40% three point shooter (BMac-hasnt even played)?

Silas may need to re-evaluate.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Woods was horrible on defense....like very bad.

Stephen_A likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Your team was the better team tonite (with some Ref help)
    I salute you Mavs Fan [​IMG]

Rocket River

Salvy and J.R. like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well people think that Harden takes on the abilities of the head coach. Maybe it will take more time. hopefully it isnt backed in because You cant run the offense if Harden is not in the offense.

5. Nook

Nook Member

It was one game... and he is likely playing banged up. I am more worried about him playing while injured.

Roomba, ksny15, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No, I've post thousands of times when Harden plays well. It's an objectively false statement.

This is a result of a bunch of Harden stan's lacking zero self-awareness in how emotional and triggered they get on Harden off nights and just lash out.

7. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

I think I’ll go de-stress by rewatching our first preseason game.

BamBam likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Well the 5-out offense is what brought us back into the game.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

1) We aren’t a good rebounding team. That is consistent across all games so far. Getting killed on the boards.

2) Not enough shooting with the rotation we had today. When boogie got tossed, we were having to rely too much on Tate and Nwaba on the perimeter.

3) they just hit their shots. Yeah we maybe could’ve made it a bit more difficult, but they were hitting contested 3s and stuff waaay beyond the arc. Just one of those games.

4) All of our big 3 had bad games. Not gonna win games when none of Wall-Harden-Wood show up.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Nah, I just am on a warpath with Rocket River here on out.

Also, I don't get emotionally upset about a sport anymore like I used to. Win or loss I just go about my day, you'll be much happier and healthier when you do that.

I just wish it didn't take me so long to realise.

ksny15 and JayGoogle like this.
  11. Mr. Space City

poor defense, little offensive production by the starting forwards, poor outside shooting, wood being 0 for whatever from 3, and most importantly a hobbled harden not playing like a superstar.

12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Anyway, this team isn't good enough. We're not a title contender despite people stating we are. They're really asking Harden to stay and struggle for another year. He doesn't have enough quality around him. Yeah, Wall and Wood are very good.... but the rest of the team just isn't good enough. To be honest, Wall isn't even a pure scorer, so it's going to be a struggle for him to get 30 plus points a night. It's pointless Tucker being out there for 30 plus minutes when he doesn't offer anything on the offensive end. House is terrible. Cousins can be good, but he's never going to be a starter and play 30 minutes plus again. Gordon's shooting is so inconsistent, so you don't know which Gordon you're getting out there most nights.

People claim we're going to get much better as the season goes on.... but I doubt it. Yeah, we'll make the playoffs, but nothing more than that. Our defense isn't good enough. The reality is, we need Harden to score 35 plus points every game for us to have a chance. If he doesn't, we lose. It's **** every year.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And you always resort to stupid strawmen. Never have I claimed that this team is better without Harden.

14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Tuck can play the 5 in small ball and some 3 other than that he cant play but 25 minutes a night he cant play plus 30 minutes anymore

15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I hope they add more to the offense as the year goes by. I was hoping Silas would have changed things up a bit more as the 3-point bricks were accumulating.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He can sit. Rockets have plenty of players now. I would rather lose with harden not playing.

Nook likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Calm down buddy, I'm not upset that Harden had a bad game. I'm more upset that Tim Hardaway tore a new ass hole in us.

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

What happened to Ben tonight

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

We didn’t even play 5 out the major of the game. That’s what brought us back and then it disappeared again.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Asian Sensation

Rockets now 1-3 with Harden. Bbbut bbut but can Steph carry his own team?