1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You're misapplying my standards. Nice try though.

I also like how you're being intentionally deceptive. If Harden has 2 more rebounds than CP3, you won't say that. You'll say "Harden had more rebounds". While it's a technically true statement, it's objective is to obfuscate. That's why I try to consistently provide actual stats.....to maintain objectivity.

In game 5, the reason I see an argument for CP3 is because he had 5 more assists than Gordon.

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

And prime EG is better than Draymond

4. Mr. Space City

Is Harden having more points, rebounds, steals, blocks, and less turnovers not a stat? Not even gonna bring up Harden having a lower defensive rating and the best BPM on the team.

You keep glossing over that purposefully. Not very objective.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Is it? If it is, it's not a useful one. "More" could mean 1 more or it could mean 100 more. It's too vague to be useful.

For the same reason I glossed over Harden's negative plus minus. I don't want to cherry-pick metrics. If you're going to cherry-pick a metric, you need to be able to explain why that metric holds more weight than other metrics.

7. Mr. Space City

Now he uses +/-. Now you're REALLY struggling lmfao. Gerald Green had the best +/- on the team. Was he the best player on the floor going 1/4 from the field? Talk about cherry picking metrics. Harden had a better +/- than CP3 & Eric Gordon in Game 5 too lmfao.

You're looking worse and worse as this goes on.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You have some pretty bad reading comprehension issues.

9. Mr. Space City

and you have some pretty bad metric comprehension issues.

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You missed the point entirely. I said I didn't use Harden's negative plus minus as an argument because I don't think it carried much weight.

And you interpreted that as me using Harden's negative plus minus as an argument.

If you feel so strongly about BPM, can you explain why it should hold greater weight than other metrics?

11. Mr. Space City

it's about the totality of all stats and advanced metrics combined. Harden had more points, FG's, rebounds, steals, and blocks than CP3 with less turnovers and a lower defensive rating (because he was really good defensively that series which contributed to why the warriors struggled to score that series.), AND a much higher BPM. that combined made him the best player on the floor that game despite CP3's .088% better TS%. Doesn't get more simple than that if you have any reading comprehension.

#851 Mr. Space City, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

43 pages.

Yes, Curry can carry his own thread

Handles, JumpMan, Oakland Fan and 4 others like this.
  13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Again, I think most people would rather have CP3's 3 fewer points, 2 fewer rebounds, 2 fewer steals, 2 fewer blocks, and 1 more turnover when you consider his far superior shooting.

Sure, you can always look deeper. Harden's 3 steals translated into 4 Rockets points while CP3's 1 steal translated into 2 Rockets points.

Harden's 2 offensive rebounds came on the same play and translated into 0 points.

Harden had 2 blocks which prevented the Warriors from scoring 2 points (he blocked a Looney layup, but Looney got the offensive rebound and scored a layup).

Harden had 2 live ball turnovers that resulted in 4 Warrior points. Chris Paul had 2 live ball turnovers which resulted in 0 Warrior points.

Yeah, I'd say CP3 had a better game.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D

#obsessed

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  15. Mr. Space City

I'd say Harden had a better game.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

man, wtf eastern conference? the 3rd best player on the 76ers with a 23/10/4 stat line is your player of the week?

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think 3/4ths of this thread is composed of posts between Wekko and a poster Wekko is arguing with.

Mr. Clutch and Mr. Space City like this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ben Simmons + 1x PotW Tobias Harris + bag of chips for Harden. Who says no?

Media conspiracy.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So just like in basketball, Curry needs help to carry a thread

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Just a messenger ...

"No offense to the other skilled scorers ... <clips of Kyrie Irving and Damian Lillard> ..."