1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Mr. Space City

Worst rushing defense in yardage, yards per carry, and tied for 2nd to last in rushing touchdowns given up. While being the 9th worst passing defense in yardage, and 10th worst in passing TD's given up, while being dead last in interceptions .

Not only were the absolutely worst at rushing defense, but they were an awful pass defense at well that didn't force turnovers. The only reason they weren't lower is because team didn't have to pass on them.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is there a rule to prevent this:

Titans had the ball on the 25 with 18 seconds left.
    Could the Texans hold all the receivers on the first play? Waste 5 seconds and they gain 5 yards. Do this 3 times...Titans are now on the 40 with 3 seconds left and a Hail Mary is their only shot.

Astrodome likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No rule to prevent it... but the fact that the Titans really only had a deep throw possibility, and the Texans were ill-prepared for it as is, makes any hypothetical last-second scenario possible.

Hell, its more than likely that had the Texans played prevent there, they hand the ball off to Henry and he somehow goes 70+ yard for a TD.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I know the numbers, it was bad. Detroit and Jacksonville were worse in total yards with us at 30th and 27th in points.
    Rush defense was bad, Detroit was close and they were way worse in pass defense.
    Either way, they were bad.

6. blackistan

blackistan Member

Its sad that this organization has wasted the careers of AJ, Watt, Dhop and now we can just hope that Deshauns isn't before he realizes and decides to go elsewhere

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Heard this morning that the run defense will probably end up ranked as the worst in the last few DECADES. Wow. That's mind numbing. Such a stark reality to face.

Makes me wonder if we dont need to bring in a "defensive minded" coach and hope he can fast track that side of the ball. Its so bad. Saleh immediately becomes my #1 guy.

Offense showed it can hang .. wait. Excuse me. DESHAUN WATSON showed he BELONGS. I dont want to hear no more BS about stats and rankings and all that crap. That guy is legit. He is a franchise QB and if you can get him a little help he can get you there. Offensively this team showed it could light up some of the best defenses in the league with journeymen and practice squad guys. Such a testament to Watson and whoever was installing the offense. It was nice to see some modern wrinkles after Buttchin was fired and playing to the team strengths.

What a season. How many games lost on the last play/drive/possession? Feels like we could have been 8-8. SMH.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Joked with my gf before the game when I saw that Henry was on 1,777 yds for the season that he'd get over 2,000.

At least I thought I was joking.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Texans defense said “ HOLD MY BEER!”

10. Mr. Space City

I give them the edge, because they forced more turnovers than the Texans. Only 3 interceptions is laughably bad lol

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Same coverage the Oilers used against Frank Reich :rolleyes:

raining threes and Mr.Scarface like this.
  13. raining threes

Excuses

Let them score on a first drive and get back to me.

14. conquistador#11

The Eagles qb that replaced Hurts would have also made that play on the Texans "defense".

15. Mr. Space City

pointing out how the texans have the worst rushing defense and no run game = excuses.

What QB's have lead teams to the playoffs with comparable defenses and running game?

#255 Mr. Space City, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Raining threes has no football knowledge. Probably watched yesterday game and thinks tannehill played better than Watson did ignoring that Henry rushed for 250 yards.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  17. Mr. Space City

Basically unless Watson goes 40/50 for 580 Yards and 7 TD's, he didn't do enough and it's his fault the Texans lost.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

Watched #4 highlights starting from week 2. I stopped at week 11. In those 10 games, 12 drives stalled inside the 5 yard line for FGs as FGs are cut away from the highlights. An honest running game would open so much, easier passes, more points and more than 10 rushing TDs.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  19. raining threes

Look guys Watson is the least of the Texans problems. But they wont win a championship with Watson because by the time he his extension hits they wont be able to put enough talent around him due to the cap to win a SB.

With that said, he still needs to improve to be at a SB winning QB level as of right now, regardless of whether he lead the NFL in passing or not. Like I've said many times, I dont think Watson is a bad QB but I think he needs to mature and improve his decision making to be a championship level QB. I get that y'all disagree with me and obviously no minds are going to be changed here.

20. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Anyone have good site for NFL streams??