1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The team is not title worthy. It’s not trash.

Mr. Space City and HP3 like this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

We saw that he could not last year. He broke down.

HP3 likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Imagine thinking one of the best defensive players of all time and a sure fire HOF in Draymond Green is trash. Wise man is not trash, Wiggins is overpaid but not trash. Oubre is not trash. Loony is not trash. Even Demian Lee is not trash. Eric Paschal is not trash. Sheesh man.

4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We know Curry is a very good player when he's in form. That's not what the thread is about. It's about whether he can carry a team throughout the whole season. There's no way he's scoring 50 plus points every night. Heck, I doubt he'll drop 30 plus points every night. I suspect he'll eventually get double-teamed and struggle to get consistent wins for his teams. The Curry fans will then complain about the double-teaming and blame it on his supporting cast. They'll basically be hypocrites, and then they'll finally realize what Harden has had to put up with every year he's been on the Rockets with no all-stars.

HP3 likes this.
  5. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I was told that > 10 FTA in a game is foul hunting, a gimmick, or a sign of inefficiency. Broussard, please go on television tomorrow and say this type of play will never win championships.

dreamshakin, HP3 and clos4life like this.
  6. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

That's the stupidity of CF brother. Most of these people here don't understand the game at all...

Mr. Space City, HP3 and clos4life like this.
  7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

His team is far from trash. Yeah, it's not as good as he's used to. But he still has a decent team. There will be a lot of times where Curry will play like crap and they'll bail him out. Heck, I think Curry will sit out a lot of the games due to being overworked. Kawhi does that every year.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Who other than Wilt is ever gonna drop 50 a night again lol? I'm making fun of the known idiots on this site that don't watch any other team than the Rockets and try to evaluate every other player in the NBA while overvaluing our own guys.

9. Mr. Space City

Like I said before in this thread, this is a top 4 caliber team if Curry can consistently play at a similar level like tonight.

This is what I've been waiting to see from Curry. Not settling for 25-30 point games, but putting the team on your back and doing what top 5 players are supposed to do and go out and win a game almost by yourself.

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I think it’s unfair to call a broken hand a breakdown...

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's all relative. How many western conference teams have a better supporting cast than the Warriors?

Clearly the Clippers, Suns, Lakers, Jazz, Pelicans, Blazers, Rockets, Nuggets, and Mavericks (once Porzingis is back).

I'd also argue in favor of the Kings, Spurs, and Grizzlies.

Do you disagree with any of these? If not, then how can he have a decent supporting cast when it's bottom 3?

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hate on Curry all you want, but 62 points is 62 points.

durvasa likes this.
  13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

This thread is pure comedy and entertainment. Thanks for the laughs fellas

durvasa likes this.
  14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Generally, "trash" means a replacement level player NBA player. Several of the players you listed fit that description.

Also, just because Draymond Green used to be an elite defender doesn't mean he currently is one. Just because he will be in the HOF doesn't mean he's currently playing at a HOF level.

15. HardenVolumeOne

are you ok with curry getting 19 free-throws tonight

16. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I didn't watch this game tonight only the last part of it bro, I was watching the Mavericks vs Bulls. Not really surprised that he shot 19 free throws though, sounds like he was being very aggressive based on the stats and the highlights. As a Rockets fan it's kinda hard for me to mention other players free throws with Harden lol.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Curry has been an MVP-caliber player, when healthy, and probably still is. 62 points in 36 minutes is insane.

There is no clear meaning to what it means to “carry a team”. Can someone put it in concrete terms what that means for the Warriors this season?

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I feel like most people in this thread believe that Curry should be able to lead GSW to a playoff berth.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  19. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

For those knocking on Curry having talented teammates...maybe its Hardens fault that he couldn't get many all star players to come join him in his 7+ years in Houston. Have you considered that many stars dont want to come here because he dominates the ball and he's not a championship caliber player?

2016 FA Durant could've joined his buddy Harden and I'm sure Morey would've manuevered and pulled it off...this is where Curry's gravity comes in. Stars want to play with him, they fit better with him towards a winning cause.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

...and then Curry drops 62 (Lillard's career-high: 61) in 36 minutes.

lol

UTSA2step and JayGoogle like this.