1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HBO Max

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaBeard, May 27, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

I thought one of the selling points is that it would have *all* of their original programming?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I grew up watching late night HBO/skinemax and it's like they totally dropped that part of their lineup. I kinda miss those terrible b rated softcore movies that only a horny internet deprived teen or Al Bundy would put up with.

Showtime puts up a half effort but I think nostalgia for softcore distorts today's reality of it getting sent to the trash heap like old Playboys.

Might be me but I don't think Netflix touches that category because they don't want activists slamming them more than other issues to nitpick

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Netflix has a “steamy” section.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

HBO max just added Batman and Batman Beyond animated series. This service is awesome

dmoneybangbang and Ziggy like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Was bored and watched episode 1. What a crazy thing to put on Saturday morning TV.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Man, I thought the same thing. Then I thought back to the X-Men and Spiderman cartoons as well. They were all pretty much suited more for adults than children. Times were better then.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Speaking of nostalgic cartoons, anyone remember Gargoyles from the Disney Afternoon? The first four seasons had a tight storyline that was ahead of its time.

Growing up, I liked Batman Beyond's edginess, but the Animated Series is timeless.

jiggyfly and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  9. MexAmercnMoose

shiii, the stuff from looney tunes would porb not be allowed on tv today lmao

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Gargoyles goes hard.

bobloblaw, jiggyfly and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Any word on if HBOMax will update all their content in 4k/HDR? I know WW84 was released in high quality, so i don't see why they can't update everything to have it. Itching to rewatch Game Of Thrones in the best quality and also want to binge Raised By Wolves in best quality. There's really no excuse not to have UHD content.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Gargoyles was the best. I'd say they should reboot it, but they'll just bastardize it.

jiggyfly and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I remember a 1972 movie called "Gargoyles". I want Hollywood to make a non-cartoon movie re-boot of that.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's really a shame they do not support 4K HDR & Atmos across all possible titles. They get Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy soon, hopefully it's in 4K.

Caesar likes this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Look forward to that too. Lots of titles i want to watch in 4k + HDR that i don't have UHD blu rays for. Hobbit/LOTR just came out and it's only HD on HBOMax. I haven't noticed too awful of quality from the regular HD. HBOGO and HBONOW had really badly crushed blacks and just overall bad image you'd get with the cable subscription. Really weird how they invest so much into their original series with massive budgets, but can't give the people those shows in the best quality possible. I always thought of HBO as quality until Game of Thrones really showed me they don't care and it got worse and worse as TV's improved and your eyes got used to UHD+HDR content. I expect this kind of greed from cable companies charging you an arm and a leg for 720p and 1080i channels, but not an individual streaming app.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man, I used to think it was my TV, the blacks on HBO were (still are) so bad. "Home Box Office" ? lulz

Caesar likes this.
  17. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

I watched Revenge of the Nerds on HBO Max. Pretty good HD conversion for a movie from the 80's.

18. TimDuncanDonaut

Zack Snyder trailer dropped on HBO Max YT channel. Included some of the new footage.

DreamShook likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

people really hate the whole idea of this Snyder Cut because the cult is so rabid (toxic?) for this, but I'm all for more superhero/comic content. I dont care if it's bad.

the trailer looks good to me. shrug*

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I like how Superman is singing at the beginning. Really brings the whole Lord of the Rings vibe together.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.