1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by gucci888, May 13, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

Yep, some of their playcalling is just bizarre.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Doesn't excuse how Fields is picking apart the defense.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Nah but time of possession is not close either.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Deshaun Watson > Trevor Laurence

as Clemson QBs go

5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

F*** Ohio State. Like that Fields kid though. Big nutz.

tinman likes this.
  6. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. Ill never forget that Bama game.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Both Bama games. Over 400 yards in both.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Buck Turgidson

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll root for Bama. Ohio State played half a season and gets rewarded for it by their conference changing the rules for them.

12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

So we're about to have a National Championship game where one team has played 71% MORE games than the competitor. One team has not played in back to back weeks ALL year (a bye every week). If one team wins they'll be 13-0...if the other wins, they'll be 8-0. How is that fair?

The grind of getting beat up every week is part of the season. I know Ohio State beat the pants off of Clemson, and they are good enough to be there, but do they DESERVE to be there? Is this the most unfair path to a major Championship in major sports history?

I hope Alabama wins. I can't stand it if an 8 win team is the National Champion that never had to play a tough, weekly schedule. Limited risk of injury, limited wear and tear on the body. They got to have a healthy, rested team every week.

raining threes, tinman and Ziggy like this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Their conference changes the rules for them.
    That’s like if the NBA let a team who didn’t play half a season into the NBA finals

raining threes likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

This is all true, but they belonged in the Playoff.

The 2 games I saw them play this year (Indiana and Northwestern) they did not look good at all, but they looked ****ing fantastic vs Clemson.

Hope they beat the hell out of Bama, just to put another massive asterisk on this season.

15. Major

Major Member

Or if the NBA changed the numbers of games in the season, allowed 2 extra teams into the playoffs, gave everyone 3 months off mid-season, and took away home court advantage. Oh wait..

**** happens. In this case, that **** is COVID. Everyone knew this college football season was going to be goofy and there were questions whether it could be played at all. We knew from September that some teams might play many fewer games. The P5 conferences control the playoffs, and they agreed that # of games wouldn't be a key factor. It is what it is.

All these teams are self-serving. Ohio State whined about their own conference's rules they agreed to. Notre Dame whining about everyone making fun of their playoff failures. Aggies whining about their win over Florida and a bunch of other crappy wins not being good enough to make the playoffs. Clemson is whiny acting superior to everyone else for playing games. If they had missed 4 or 5 games due to Covid issues, they'd be screaming about how they were still awesome and should be in the playoffs. As much as I can't stand Alabama, I appreciate them being silent and just playing games.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Buck Turgidson

He's a freak, he deserves it.

Texans could draft him at 3....oops

Ziggy likes this.
  20. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Yeah....Cordale was technically the backup to the backup but he did a really good job of handing the ball off to Zeke that game.

Ohio State will really go the whole year without playing games in consecutive weeks. Every other team has lost players and coaches during this year due to COVID but when TOSU gets COVID they need the whole world to stop and revolve around them. Clearly they're just trying to buy more time for Fields to get healthy.