1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Poll] Rebuild or Retool

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Dec 30, 2020.

?

Rebuild or Retool

1. Rebuild: Trade for MPJ/Herro and tank using our 22/23 FRPs.

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. Retool: Trade for Simmons/Brown and stay competitive.

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  1. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

This was a brief topic discussed in one of the other threads, and I thought I’d bring this to light to see where people stand on this.

Trading for Brown/Simmons would make our team too good to tank. Goal would be to stay competitive and hope to lure a third star to a Brown/Simmons + Wood core.

Trading for Herro/MPJ on rookie contracts gives us more flexibility, and given their age, we have time to potentially build our own dynasty through the draft.

2. BelgianRocketsFan

Rerun with Harden ;)

If not, rebuild.

3. Denovo

Denovo Member

I’d argue an MPJ trade would also be a retool.

4. HardenVolumeOne

yea the choices were basically the same with different wording

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If harden is not staying then we just retool and build around Wood. The guy is a stud!

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

if we are trading Harden, I want MPJ

2nd on my list is Brown

Philly can keep Simmons, I want no parts of him and the surefire L that will be trying to build around an oversized PG that doesn’t shoot

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All you got to know.

Time of decline.

How well Wall is going to mesh with him.

8. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

With the way he’s been playing, I agree. But because of his age, the option to tank and build through the draft is there.

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I'm confused by this post's premise.

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The best option is keeping Harden but if that's impossible we need to fully bottom out. None of those 4 are MVP caliber and no top 10 player will willingly sign here to play for Captain Douchebag so we'll need to draft our main star. Simmons or Brown will probably keep us in the play in mix which is the worst place to be. Better to get someone still raw who can develop while we tank and draft our real star.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If you could unload Wall and EG with a Harden 3 team trade without losing out on picks and/or taking back bad contracts, would Herro and MPJ as the main incoming player be enough?

Just curious what people think, very unlikely such a trade is possible and not sure Stone would do it, but to move forward with Wood and a good player on a rookie contract and unlimited cap space moving forward (still assuming we also get picks in the trade)?

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

What kind of poll is this. Those are the only two options?

13. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

To see what route we should take after a Harden trade. Bottom out completely, or stay competitive.

Who we get back in a Harden trade impacts that decision.

Keep in mind, 22/23 is our only chance to tank using our own picks until 2027.

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rebuilding seems a better option after watching this.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Harden Era peaked in 2018. The Warriors were in the midst of dominating the West. They were too good. It’s over. Trade Harden (as requested) and let’s rebuild.

Le$$ likes this.
  16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Yeaaa after the game and seeing they have no chance anyway this year or as long as the lakers have a superteam I don’t care if harden is traded any more.

17. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Option 3: Give some time for team to gel before knee-jerk reaction to a loss with only 8 games in and most games playing with missing players.

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

76ers and Celtics ain't giving us any of those guys.

76ers would be better with Harden but Morey refuses to trade Lebron for MJ.

Brown has been playing like a top 15 player for the Celtics this season and Ainge already heavily overrates his players even before this season.

At best we're getting a couple good role players and a handful of FRP but they probably won't even convert to lottery picks since the team we trade Harden to will be too good. Our only shot is to tank in the years we have our FRPs.

I would seriously entertain the Warriors, as much as I hate them. Wiseman looks really good and future Warriors picks could potentially be really good once their core declines in age (Curry and Thompson are also injury prone).

BigShasta likes this.
  19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

It’s time to trade Gordon and PJ and maybe House in there too.
    Tate giving us more effort and less whining. Every time Gordon or Pj make a mistake or a foul they whine about it. Also they are not helping much Eric building walls from the logo. PJ just so slow now. House idk what happened to house.

How and why is Pj still playing so many minutes. He is the starter and can barely get over 5 points

It would be nice if we can trade those players before we even try to trade Harden.

also we can clearly see Harden is not giving any effort or fcks. And no it’s not just about his ankle or injury that made him sit the other game.
    We have seen this kind of attitude before from Harden is when he isn’t giving much effort and resulting in the team playing bad. We go as James goes. We have seen that attitude all this time in Houston. The only difference is that now is not just one game or two games but a couple of games. This might go all season until he gets his wish.

let’s just trade those players keep Harden until we get the beast deal. The org said they would be willing to make things uncomfortable seems like we getting there so it’s all good.

Its better to have a bad year instead of just getting a bad trade. Morey already fckd the team enough before leaving. I hope Stone doesn’t let Morey fk the team again or more.

20. dmoneybangbang

Already unintentionally doing a good job of aiming to keep our top 4 protected pick.