1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simmons, Brown, Herro, or Siakam?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Dec 20, 2020.

?

Who would you want to trade Harden for?

1. Ben Simmons

2. Jaylen Brown

3. Tyler Herro

4. Pascal Siakam

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ugh!

This is my least favorite of your trade proposals.

And 2nd least is miles above this one.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Woj exposed as the BSPN fvk nut he has become.

Reeko likes this.
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

lol. Yeah. I’d vote against this one too.

At this point, I don’t see a single one team trade I like outside of Denver, and that would require Murray, MPJ, other prospects and picks.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

this guy is speaking FACTS

fans are so delusional...Celtics fans actually reluctant or in some cases, don’t even want to give up Brown...more Sixers fans are coming around to trading for Harden, but giving up Ben Simmons for James freaking Harden should have never even been a debate

fans always talking about the future and hoping for some decade long window of possible contention with their young guys...that sh*t rarely happens

Boston fleeced BK for everything years ago, and BK had no future and Boston had the brightest future in the league...well, Boston has yet to become a legitimate contender since that trade, and BK has now surpassed them

Ben Simmons made an All-NBA 3rd Team at 24. Ok? Harden at 24 was finishing 2nd in the MVP race and leading his team to 56 wins and a WCF appearance.

Brown may never make a single All-Star team, and making a single All-NBA team probably never happens either. Meanwhile, u can pencil Harden in for All-NBA 1st Team every single year. Like, what are fans thinking?

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Thanks to the NBA League Pass free preview week, I've been watching a lot of Simmons, MPJ, Siakam, and Brown the first few games. I know the sample size is small, but I'm totaling souring on Simmons. His intangibles are great, but there's a lot of ugly basketball there.

It's a Brown package by a mile for me, then a Siakam and OG package, mainly because OG seems to have a really high ceiling. I'm sure a Simmons + Maxey + Thybulle + can be digested in the long run, but that's now 3rd on my dumb list.

NIKEstrad and roslolian like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Where the Tyler Herro crowd at?

Lloyd Estacio and PatBev like this.
  7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Small sample size, but Brown is averaging 24.5 points with Kemba injured and Hayward gone. Still efficient too. Siakam is too afraid of contact and can only score with jumpers now. If we had to trade Harden give me Brown well over any of the others.

Lloyd Estacio, bcast89, Easy and 4 others like this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

lol

roslolian likes this.
  9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

LMAO, I'll take the bait.

First off, I always said if Harden has a serious about face, you keep him. The training camp rap party and boss lady party happened very close together. All signs were pointing to him going Vince Carter. It seems like he has buckled down and is focused again. I'm really happy about that!

That said, if it does come down to a trade, I still think the Miami package is preferable to some of the others. I don't think they should make a trade in hopes of replacing James Harden directly. That is impossible. A trade for a marginal or flawed all star on a max contract is not a good outcome. I'd rather take a package of promising young players, picks and cap flexibility.

It was never just about Herro. It was the players and flexibility that comes with him. I'd have insisted on getting Precious in that deal, and he is looking like a hell of a rookie. It seems Robinson has taken another step as well. Basically, it's embrace the rebuild and don't settle for a bandaid (a la Derozan).

Edit: and for the record, I did vote for Brown in this poll, but am bullish on the Miami guys as well.

Lloyd Estacio, Easy, yaofan07 and 4 others like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

The way people were talking about it before Herro was the like the centerpiece and it would just be fillers and low picks on top. Like people were gonna take Herro over Simmons straight up. Some posters even said Herro is better and more proven than Brown which is a joke.

Ultimately we'll have to see the package that Miami gives now they're struggling and the shine on Herro has faded a bit. They might be tempted to go big given Butler and Bam already put them on the cusp of contending.

Also as focused as Harden is we really do need to trade him while his value is high. Rox dont have enough depth or talent to actually win a ring this year IMO so this will be exactly the same sotuation next year except Harden has 1 yr remaining instead of 2.

#310 roslolian, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  11. lionaire

lionaire Member

I would like to change my vote to Brown

12. xaos

xaos Member

Go ahead and keep disrespecting Brown. Again, he'll never be a Harden but he isn't some scrub. Can score in many ways and has elite defense.

I kind of feel like Boston has showcased Brown to show his value in a Harden trade, but what do I know

13. Big B

Big B Member

Brown isn’t elite on defense. I’d vote for him of those 4 options but think it comes down to the overall package.

I’m not sure what we want is relevant. Siakam and OG is probably the best overall value but why would the Raptors do that? They lose all their bigs and aren’t more competitive, just older. I also don’t think Ainge is mentally capable of trading a young player to go all in. Simmons is probably the best individual player that is likely to become available, I just don’t think we get much else and don’t see how he fits with this roster. The Herro trade makes the most sense for Miami since they have ridiculous depth but clearly no one player you get back is likely to be a superstar. That’s the trade you make to clear cap space while staying competitive and hope a free agent in a year or two wants to join those pieces.

Easy likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

It’s still MPJ > brown for me

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  15. Boston84

Boston84 Member

24 and only getting better! He’s no Harrison Barnes like I saw earlier

xaos and Denovo like this.
  16. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great, then keep him. He’s a very good young player. Doesn’t make him a centerpiece for prime James Harden.

17. Boston84

Boston84 Member

got no problem doing that. Just adding some content for the thread title named after him. No different than mpj highlights and or Simmons highlights. N

18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

btw a 31 year old isn’t their prime. An athletes prime is roughly 24-30

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Is it too late to get Jalen?

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Depends on the athlete. Some athletes are as they say....."built different."

D-rock likes this.