1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wonder Woman 84

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Dec 8, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Well, Im glad you have the ability to watch terrible movies over and over again. LOL.

Just off the top of my head, here are the marvel movies I find re-watchable:
    Civil war
    Infinity war
    guardiansof the galaxy 1
    Guardians 2
    Thor ragnarok
    Winter soldier
    Iron man
    Dr strange

Now for DC:
    Batman begins
    The dark knight rises.

DC should really stick to their bread and butter, which is animated movies. That, or divorce snyder and every director they've had in the film business.

Jontro and T_Man like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok Fanboy.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Rent-a-body Steve would be if he weren't so desperate for pretty (potentially rapey) women validating his awful fashion sense.

No one blinked when they made WW Bill Cosby with magic "forgetting" stones.

B-Bob and conquistador#11 like this.
  4. conquistador#11

I forgot about Shazam! That one caught me by surprise how entertaining it was.
    And because they don't feel like DC characters, Watchmen the movie I also ended up liking the second time around.
    In all this Marvel Vs DC, I also misremembered that "Lobo" is a DC character. I liked him when I was teenager. Lobo needs an NC-17 movie. In my mind he belonged to Image along with Spawn. Ehh, the wifey and the gfs are more comiccon people than I am these days.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

lulz... okay....

tinman likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Danny Trejo as lobo would be worth a pre covid theater visit.

Even if it's grindhousey Danny Trejo playing himself in clown goth makeup

7. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I liked the first one, however this movie was a disaster, did not even watch the whole thing, skipped through it. Did not really care for any of the characters....acting was also terrible by everyone. Gal gadot is beautiful but man she is a mediocre actress at best.

clos4life and TWS1986 like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They managed to make one of the most badass characters in the DCEU into a Mary Sue.
    Her pulling new powers out of no where was just shitty .
    I won't even get into her EVERYTHING ROPE - Stolen straight from SheRa

Rocket River

TWS1986 likes this.
  9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

So you loved it. Great. Lol. I definitely need to see it now.

RKREBORN likes this.
  10. lpbman

lpbman Member

I don't think I'm gonna make it past the 15 minute mark. This is bad.

Ok, 16:45 and I'm out.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I see it's still cool to hate DC. If this was a Marvel movie, you fanboys would be cumming your pants.

I find it hilarious people ridicule Batman v Superman, yet love Captain America: Civil War. If you think about it, it is actually the SAME movie.
    https://www.fandom.com/articles/batman-v-superman-captain-america-civil-war-movie
    https://screenrant.com/similarities-captain-america-civil-war-batman-v-superman/

All the recent Marvel films have become formulaic and boring, and recently overly pumped with "wokeness" and feminist propaganda.

#191 RKREBORN, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  12. lpbman

lpbman Member

lol yeah if you think about it, Iron Eagle is basically Top Gun.

Blatz, runamok, Sajan and 5 others like this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

they’re using a better formula than the creator of WW84 used

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Dude, the movie was bad. Most here said they liked the first one.
    Not sure how you can defend this movie. I fell asleep but tried to watch it again and it was just plain terrible. And I liked the first one a lot and also really enjoyed Aquaman. You could have inserted a Marvel character as WW and it still would have been awful.

Invisible Fan and Sajan like this.
  15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Except in CW the bad guy wins.

Sajan and TWS1986 like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

before seeing this movie today, I did a quick Rotten Tomatoes check and it was sitting at 61%...the audience score was just 74%

I saw on IMDB that it was at a 5.6/10

that already had me feeling uneasy about this movie from the jump

then I watched it, and I see why it was getting such low scores

this movie is 2.5 hours long for no reason...my God this movie was boring as hell

it seriously felt like they didn’t have much so they just added a bunch of scenes that dragged on to push this thing to its 2.5 hour runtime

The villian? Trash tier. The resolution to stop all the bad stuff from happening? So lame and pathetic that I was just sitting there smh. You’re gonna let the audience sit through over 2 hours just for that? Really?

Wonder Woman? Nothing she did was cool or impressive. Even in the beginning, she’s taking forever just to beat a couple of randos at the mall.

man, this movie was trash and I’ll never watch it again

3/10

DC fans, don’t even try and bring up Marvel when attempting to defend this trash

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Kristen Wiig is almost 50 -- that's weird.

18. Invisible Fan

Not sure if he intended it, but the first article he posted nailed exactly why CW works. It's pretty much an Avengers movie disguised as a Captain America movie.

Avengers as a stand alone might be pretty to watch but it doesn't really click emotionally or story wise. It's generally payoff for 10+ hrs of investment where the original moves sometimes act as commercials for the next one. Justice League or Man of Steel are nice to look at with the 9/11 p*rn or live action Dragon Ballesque fight scenes gone super serial, but it doesn't come together and have almost little to no emotional payoff.

If we're doing comparisons, we should look at this one vs Black Panther, another 200 million dollar movie. I'm not BP's biggest fan (good not great), but it made a billion for a reason...

Visuals were meh on that one too but the universe it built was all about making Wakanda breathe. Some directors are lazy enough to bank on that for the entire movie while inserting their "artistic flair" so their creative $$$ouls die less inside. What made the movie was tying all of that into turning T'Challa into a real prince rather than by title or a role to play with. The billion it banked was likely because people wanted to revisit Wakanda like how many wanted to revist Pandora from Avatar.

All of that detail was somewhat there for Diana in the first movie, where the "magic" weapons were unlocked but the audience accepts her new powers because of she what she faced to earn them. Not so much in the second. Her new stuff were either a jokey gimmick (like the plane) or terribly wasted (like the armor that was decently set up but had zero emotional payoff). They vaguely explain the lasso while giving it a huge role. It became too blatant of a plot device.

In some ways, the lasso and the wishing rock would've been better served with gimmicky voices (since they're proxies for ideals) that would help the audience understand wtf the director intended. It's still a hack, but a hack is better than expecting the audience to climb a ladder while leaving out a rung or two.

So much to nitpick, such a wasted opportunity and 200 million...

#198 Invisible Fan, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't get the superhero movie obsession anyway, but I was forced to watch this and my god...embarrassing beyond belief.