1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wonder Woman 84

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Dec 8, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Interesting but its not like those older Superman movies were that great so why the nod in the 1st place?

I will go into it with an open mind because all i really need is some good fight scenes and displays of power.

I will say that I am not feeling Cheetah as a big baddie considering the power dynamics.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wrong.

I just rewatched Superman and WW in the last 2 months, I might give you Aquaman but there are a number of Marvel movies that I will not rewatch.

Iron Man 3 Ant man 2 GG2 to tell the truth not excited to rewatch any of the Iron Man movies.

TWS1986 likes this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'd be fine with it if it was like, a Batman movie in which Bruce had to don some specialized kevlar armor or something, against a superpowered foe. But that WW armor wasn't just some run-of-the-mill armor - it was supposed to belong to a legendary amazon. And it got shredded by bad CGI lol.

I'll somewhat concede the Cheetah point. But there's clear bias by you imo, @KingCheetah o_Oo_Oo_O

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The original Wonder Woman was good, but it’s a little over rated. I personally really liked Shazam! and I think it’s actually under-rated

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I was meh about it. First one was a lot better. Decent film, but could have been a lot better. But to say "eVeRyThInG DC mAkEs iS bAd blah blah blah" is totally fan boy.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I like the first one, so I’ll get around to seeing the second. Less of a movie critic myself and really just enjoy seeing comics come to life. To an extent you need to carry with you some suspension of disbelief to enjoy most of the movies in this genre.

I read more Marvel than DC growing up, so I lean towards the Marvel characters a bit more, but I like some of the darker content DC has had in some of their films. Some of the animated DC content is fantastic. Curious to see how Disney impacts the upcoming Marvel releases.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

What would you give it as a rating? I was shying away from this with the less than stellar reviews.

8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Actually Rotten Tomatoes ain't too bad on this one. 72% audience score.

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I would give it a 6.5/10. Not one of my faves, but it kept my attention. When Pedro Pascal came on screen, all I thought of was Kingsman 2 lol

TWS1986 likes this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

If you already have HBO Max and it's just a matter of time, then I'd sit down to watch it.

But if HBO Max was hoping this movie would lure people into buying into HBO Max, I think it misses the mark.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sounds like we both turned it off around the same time. 20 minutes of my life I won't get back

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This movie was bad. It’s some spider friends cartoon plot. Except this was two hours. Lots of filler in this movie

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Fell asleep 15 minutes in. Wife was an hour into it. Tried to follow along for a few minutes, gave up and turned on the Rockets game which has been just as bad

tinman likes this.
  14. Entropy

Entropy Member

They do love to double-down.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Shazam has been my favorite recent DC movie (or Joker but does that count?)... I’d say it was as good as the first ant man.

I went into comic book movies with no bias. I never read comic books, that’s lame, or watched the cartoons growing up. Majority of the recent DC movies are just terrible.

The mall robbery scene at the beginning of Wonder Woman was so cringe. Marvel makes a talking tree look more realistic.

Get Snyder the fck away. Marvel was awful at making movies in the beginning... but then they figured it out.

Rocket River and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

apparently when you wish for super powers or nuclear weapons you can easily get that. But if you wish for your former significant other they jump into someone else’s body instead of materializing as a human

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

DC does better tv though. Doom Patrol & Watchmen were both outstanding.

18. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Was anyone else concerned that WW was suffering from crippling depression for 60+ years?

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Wow CC... Shazam!!!!

They really messed that movie up.... It was nothing like the Saturday morning show...

Unfortunately it seems as most if the DC directors have also never read the comic books..

T_Man

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Agreed it was nothing like the Sat am show....which was friggin awesome!! But the movie was good
    [​IMG]

conquistador#11 likes this.