1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What games have you played over the past year, and maybe even finished?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Feb 4, 2020.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

One of my favorite things to do is watch people react to the ending of the game:

OK I get a little teary-eyed too.

Aware likes this.
  2. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Thread made me want to play it more. That and the 50% discount on Amazon. Thanks. I'll play it after I finish Uncharted 4, which I'm halfway through as of last night.

RC Cola likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

@Duncan McDonuts levelled Albedo to lvl 60 and Mona to 70, now with the additional standard fates today got a Keqing on the pity.

Also got an additional Xingqiu and Ning the day 1.2 went on while using the standard fates, so my total output is 1x each Albedo, Mona, Keqing, 2x Benny, 1x each Ning and Xingqiu (and that is all on a single 10x multi and the free standard fates from 1.2).

Quite the week. :cool:

Now I'm trying to figure out what teams to use, but with so many options I guess I'll rotate a ton based on my mood.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Gimme some of that luck. I can't pull crap from this banner. Two Summit Shaper swords I've left in inventory and a Skyward Blade sword I put on Jean. That's a good weapon for her, but I wanted a catalyst or claymore for my Klee/Razor carries. I'm not sure who to put two 5* swords on. They're meant for DPS characters. Maybe Bennett for a better Q attack buff and MC that I never use. Summit Shaper is BiS for Keqing.

I'm itching to spend another $100 on gems but I'm gonna see what I can pull from my daily and event primos for now. I gotta pay my property tax soon. :(

Yung-T likes this.
  5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Bought these recently and put a bit of time into them.

The first (Sands of Salazar) is maybe best described as a 2d Mount and Blade (maybe more Dynasty warriors with combat), though very different setting I guess. It's made by a studio in China, and they just recently released an English patch. Didn't really spend a lot of time with it, and the combat didn't fully click with me yet, but I think I could really enjoy the game, especially once it leaves early access.

I spent a bit more time with Monster Sanctuary, though still not a lot. It's basically pokemon meets Metroidvania. It just left early access, and I'm really enjoying it a lot so far.

I also did my annual check in on Star Citizen, as they usually pump a bunch of things into the last patch of the year. They fixed some stuff and added a lot of new content since I last played, but I wasn't really impressed. Kinda expected better. I think I'm probably one of their biggest defenders too, so not a good sign. Hopefully they do better in 2021.

6. Duncan McDonuts

@Yung-T I got my Skyward Atlas!
    [​IMG]

I was saving up primos, and with the new shop, I used some stardust to buy extra fates. So hype! Glad I didn't have to spend any more. I was waiting for some new year's luck.

The sad thing is I used up all my refinement ores leveling up the other weapons I pulled, so it'll be a while before I can start using this. Isn't it ironic?

Yung-T likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah that's nice, I still need a good catalyst for my Mona (Solar Pearl will do on Klee for now).

Guess I'll start pulling on the weapon banners after Ganyu comes, have most of my cast assembled now.

8. Duncan McDonuts

@Yung-T So Ganyu dropping today. She seems better than advertised. Her cry ult has nearly constant up-time. It lasts as long as its CD and recharges quickly with frequent cryo auras. I think she may surpass XQ for a Melt comp. Even better is she's S+ waifu material. I'll wait until more tests come out, but I think I may try and wish for her. Good thing is I'm at 74 wishes on character banner.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2021. Thread is invalidated.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Me and the Genshin discord I'm in watched those early Asia streams and got so hyped we all couldn't take it and pulled for Ganyu.
    She seems like a S tier unit definitely and will work really well with Klee or Mona, next I'm probably aiming at Hu Tao or Ayaka.

Got her on my first pity, but unfortunately in 110 pulls only two Xingqius (now at C3), so I haven't gotten that magnificent C4 yet. :(

Got Ganyu to level 70 already and also decided on the BP Bow, which I levelled up to 50.
    Next up need to farm the Cryo set heavily, don't have any decent artifacts so far.

I'm currently deciding between
    1) Klee Ganyu Albedo Benny
    2) Ganyu Mona Albedo Benny
    but think both will work pretty well. :cool:

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  11. Duncan McDonuts

Ganyu+Xingqiu seem to work so well together for permafreeze, too. I'm hyped on her, too, but don't know where she'll fit in my min-max team. Venti+Jean support is OP. Ganyu+Xingqiu support seems OP. Ganyu vs. Xingqiu for Klee is TBD.

I hope I can get her with pity. I'd be happy with Keqing or Diluc, too, as a carry for my second team. I just don't want Mona or Qiqi.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Need a new thread -- What games are you currently enjoying, but probably won't finish?

13. Duncan McDonuts

@Yung-T After watching JinJinx's stream, he said Xingqiu can proc vaporize faster than Ganyu can apply cryo, so Xingqiu is better at reactions than her for Klee/Diluc. Unless you have a Venti or Sucrose where mobs get grouped up. That's where Ganyu's Q icicles individually apply cryo frequently over the enemies.

Sounded good enough for me. I decided to roll for Ganyu. Had 1 fate and 1000 gems. Single wish at 75 pity and I got Diluc!

Yung-T likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah too bad, but Diluc is also a great unit.

Check out videos of Ganyu+BP bow, it's basically a Cryo solo Venti.
    https://v.redd.it/knrlfwq0q0b61

Think I'll go for Venti next, some guys tested his Ult together with Ganyu's, it's pure madness.

15. Duncan McDonuts

I'm actually really happy with it. Diluc was at the top of my wish list but without a rate up banner, I could never pull for him specifically. Ganyu does look OP, too. I'll probably have enough for 30 wishes by the end of her banner and I have $100 set aside in a rainy day fund for an extra 50'ish to try for her. I'm okay waiting until all the testers and theorycrafters flesh her out to decide if I want to pull for her or save up for something else.

To that video: wtf...her Q procs the bow vacuum.

I've heard the Venti rumors but I think it's wishful thinking.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Fwiw, the guy who said that was also the one to leak Zhong buffs, Hu Tao being a 5* instead of 4*, Hu Tao's kit, no new 4* in 1.2, the Albedo-Ganyu banner order and Benny in the Albedo banner.

So he's by far the best leaker and has been right on absolutely everything so far.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  17. Duncan McDonuts

I wasn't aware of that. Sounds promising. I heard Zhongli might be a double banner when 1.3 drops. I think the 4* stay the same, so does the pity counter, but the 5* rate up will be the only difference for the 50/50.

Yung-T likes this.
  18. Duncan McDonuts

Whew, got 9* on Floor 12 last night and 9* on Floor 11 tonight. Those DPS checks are monsters.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So is this just a Genshin thread now? Lol.

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, maybe it should be it's own thread. I have no idea what they are saying...it's like gibberish to me.

We've been playing Mario Party 8 with the kids on Switch. I've never played one before so it's my first experience with one, and we're having a lot of fun with it. I really wish they had a save feature on the board games though. It is hard to lock down a full hour for the 10 turns and who in the hell plays the 50 turn based game in one sitting?

I needed something more grown up so i downloaded the old Doom 3 port. I never played that PC version so it's nice to go back. Love the little surprises here and there as well as the creepy noises. Takes me back to when i played the original as a kid. Speaking of which, i downloaded the original Doom for giggles. I forgot how small/short of a game it is...i also forgot a lot of the secret areas but i did have flash backs walking around the perimeter of a room and pressing x to try and unlock a hidden door.