1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What games have you played over the past year, and maybe even finished?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Congrats, what teams did you use?

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

1st Team: Klee (80/90 C1), Chongyun (39/40 C1), Jean (79/80 C0), Venti (79/80 C0)

I used the Venti+Jean constant Q for chambers 1 and 2. There are a lot of mobs on the first side. I'd throw a bomb into Venti's swirl for lots of reaction damage. On 12-2, once the 3-set of archers were down, I'd use Jean to yeet the whopperflowers into the air for heavy fall damage. Chongyun was mostly along for the ride until 12-3 to break the Electro Fatui shields.

2nd Team: Razor (79/80 C1), Xiangling (70/70 C0), Kaeya (40/40 C0), Bennett (60/70 C1)

Mostly used Kaeya+Razor to superconduct for Razor's physical damage. Xiangling is a good totem/battery for Bennett when I needed healing. I loaded up on energy recharge artifacts for Kaeya and moved all of my Xingqiu's gear (4-piece Noblisse and 80/80 R2 Sac Sword) onto Bennett for buffs and good Q uptime.

I struggled heavily on 12-3. It took me a while until I could clear part 1 about 30% of the time. Getting past part 2 was a lot harder. My supports were very fragile and would get falcon punched in 1 shot by the Anemo Fatui. I had to play very carefully or else the auras would kill a vital character. Prioritize breaking the Fatui shields so you can stun them. I beat 12-3 with one minute left (0 stars) and had 2 stars on Chamber 1, 3 stars on Chamber 2.

I'll add that watching Enviosity's and The Keebster's Spiral runs gives good strategies for clearing the floors. They make it look so easy and flawless. Their technical skill is amazing.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Damn that's a pretty f2p-friendly team, are your artifacts that good or is it mostly about strategy?

4. Duncan McDonuts

I wouldn't say it's very F2P-friendly. Team 1 still had 3 5* characters.:D

I have pretty decent artifacts after farming a while.

My Klee still needs some better substats. She's using a Solar Pearl with about 1550 attack, 66% C.Rate/88% C.Damage. I'm happy with only 2/5 of her artifacts. The others could be upgraded. 4-piece Witch's set.

Jean with a Black Sword, 1350 attack, 44% C.Rate/120% C.Damage. 2-piece Gladiator, 2-piece Bloodstained Chivalry. 3/5 of her artifacts are still 4*. All of her artifacts could be better, but they're good enough as support.

Venti has a Stringless. 1500 attack, 44% C.Rate/88% C.Damage. 4-piece Anemo set. 2/5 are pretty good, the others could be upgraded.

Razor has my most complete build. R1 Prototype Aminus, 1900 attack, 51% C.Rate/108% C.Damage. 4-piece Gladiators. Headpiece needs to be better, but I don't think I could roll better pieces for the others.

Chongyun and Kaeya have non-upgraded energy recharge sets. I put a decent Noblisse set on Bennett (from my Xingqiu), but those pieces could be better. Xiangling has a mish-mash of 2-piece Wanderers/2-piece Berserker hand-me-downs.

Since I don't need any characters from the new banner, I'm saving up all my primogems for the weapon banner. I want a 5* weapon.

Edit: forgot to answer your question. It's mostly strategy, especially on 12-3. Avoiding the frozen trap on side 1 and falling icicles on side 2. It's hard not to make a mistake because the level 100 enemies are so powerful and kill characters in 1-2 shots. It'd be difficult to 3* chamber 2, part 1 because you need good crowd control on the archers.

#284 Duncan McDonuts, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Yung-T likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For PC gamers, the Steam Winter Sale is up ... go buy a bunch of games cheap that you may never play!

Yung-T, Duncan McDonuts and RC Cola like this.
  6. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Finally started playing Breath of the Wild and its pretty overwhelming. Probably will take months to beat.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Thanks, I was waiting on a sale to get a collection of JRPGs that I'll never have the time for!

Yung-T and Dr of Dunk like this.
  8. myco

myco Contributing Member

After leaving the game for 3 years, I finally finished Divinity 2: Original Sin. Fun stuff though I'm not sure I'll ever have the commitment to complete another run of it.

RC Cola and Yung-T like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Pretty good game. I enjoyed it. Larian is the same company that is developing/developed Baldur's Gate III. I'm waiting for that to come out of early access to buy it. Can't wait because I've been waiting forever to play it.

RC Cola and Yung-T like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're in for some FUN!

Just started Ghost of Tsushima last night (on the PS5!) - fun so far but a bit too much cinema cuts going on right now.

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

@Duncan McDonuts
    Aaaaahhhhh look what I got in my first 10x summon on the new banner.

[​IMG]

So fckin hyped, I got all my three most-wanted characters in a single multi and can save up for Ganyu. :cool::cool::cool:

Duncan McDonuts and RC Cola like this.
  12. Duncan McDonuts

You lucky b*stard! I've never had multiple 5* in a roll. I blew all my wishes last night. Hit pity on standard and got a 5* Skyward Blade. Would've preferred Aquila Favonia but it'll work for Jean. Then used my gems on the weapon banner. Got 2 5* weapons. Both were the new sword... No Skyward Atlas for my Klee yet :(

Yung-T likes this.
  13. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I finished The Last of Us Remastered last night. Burned through it in a week. Whoa. That was better than most movies I've seen this year.

Is the sequel worth it?

CCorn likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

@Yung-T So how is Albedo? I heard he's an AOE E-totem support like Fischl.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

For Christmas my wife got me cyberpunk for ps4... based on everything I’ve heard I’m scared I will get cancer if I take the plastic off this game.

RC Cola, Xerobull and Yung-T like this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Reviews and math say he's pretty good and a great pair with Ning, but also can fit into any elemental reaction team due to him boosting elemental mastery by 120 with one of his skills.

I haven't played him yet tho, focusing on the event and Mona first.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Been playing Meteorfall the past few weeks. I read a review that compared it to Slay the Spire so I picked it up.

It’s a Deck building game and there are some similarities like the theme (fantasy with ancient tech mixed in) but overall it’s not as deep as Slay. Taken as a whole I would say the story is really a first act instead of an entire game.

I think it’s meant as a spiritual successor to Adventure Time, so that’s a pro in my book.

Gameplay is pretty fast with a game taking 20 minutes or so. There are 13 total characters to play and daily challenges so there is lasting value.

Fun, stylistic and moderately challenging. Worth the $4 I paid.

http://www.meteorfall-game.com/

RC Cola likes this.
  18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I think we had a thread about it, which might help you answer that question:
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/ps4-the-last-of-us-part-ii.278921/

I'm probably not the best one to ask since I didn't play TLOU2 (just watched a playthrough). But I'd say it is worth it. Just note that they tried to be more ambitious with the storyline (and gameplay to a lesser degree), and for some people, it didn't connect well with them. There's a chance you'll either love the game or hate it, at least based on the storyline. The gameplay seemed generally better over the original I think, assuming you liked it (if you didn't, probably won't like this one either).

But at least based on polish, the work they put into the game, and all that stuff, I think it is definitely worth checking out. I think it is on sale right now ($30 on Amazon anyway), which probably makes it an easier choice.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I didn’t know a video game could make me feel so fat... but holy **** ring fit adventure does just that. Fun way to workout though. I’m going to cancel my charity gym membership for a few months while I use this.

Yung-T and RC Cola like this.
  20. Aware

Aware Member

finished the ps2 version of ff10 not too long ago lol.

That was the first game that ever made me lose my **** over graphics. Yuna will always be best girl.

#300 Aware, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Yung-T and RC Cola like this.