1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker Has the Audacity...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownrox1, Dec 26, 2020.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Because it isn't 3-4 years ago. I don't pine for Nene despite how good he was 3-4 years ago.

Duke Fan, 34to11 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. pippsux

pippsux Member

I was thinking the same thing too
    Tate looks like he can be that dude and a younger replacement for tucker.

Love Tucker for the years he gave us, but it's time to trade him to a desperate contender.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He's a really good system player, perfect for us, who I want signed, but his own valuation is completely off. I hate that because he's a solid piece that any contending team could use including us. But at best he should be a 6th or 7th guy on those teams but he doesn't realize it.

kjayp and Hank McDowell like this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yeh... I'm kinda done with PJ...

I think MDA screwed him over by pitting him against larger and stronger centers for years... so you could never really get a good gauge on him... everything has been placed in the caveat of him being undersized vs who he was defending... He did a real good job - given circumstances...

PJ is a solid bench player... a nice glue guy... but i dont think he's good enough to be a starter at this point...

add to that all his whining and trying to ride Blames' coat tails into an extension by association... PJ was on the wrong side of that 'loyalty'... You wanna be loyal to a diva - instead of the team that has been paying you...

nah... I'd rather just deal his expiring contract and move on...

and the same goes for his buddy as well...

Duke Fan, DaDakota and ilovehtownbb like this.
  5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

P.J. Tucker isn’t expected to be a primary scorer for this team, and he definitely has athletic limitations. He’s here to hit corner threes and anchor the defense. Anyone complaining about his offense is missing the reason why he starts for the Rockets and is a valuable role player for the team.

Guess who guarded Damian Lillard and forced him into a difficult mid-range shot on the final possession of regulation that Lillard missed? It was Tucker, and it’s the equivalent of him scoring another two points offensively.

6. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Do they all represent a fellacious
    More like he gets charged with a foul for asserting his 'Chuck Hayes' game on the floor.

7. ipaman

exactly but... do those players at 37 get 10m+ multi-years?

fattz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

PJ was the one that shut down Dame at the end of the game to force OT. U guys don't know the value of role players

9. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

yall need to relax in the PJ Tucker hate

Stephen_A and D-rock like this.
  10. DVauthrin

Not usually. However, provided the extension was for one or two years in the $8-$10 million annual salary range, I don’t understand why so many Rockets’ fans are worried about the ramifications of it. If it nudges Harden to stay, great. Also, as long as Harden is here, the Rockets will be operating over the salary cap and not be a major free-agency player. If not, it’s an affordable contract that contenders would be interested in acquiring at next season’s trade deadline.

If Tucker hits the open market after the season, he should get a contract similar to what Serge Ibaka received from the Clippers (2 years, $19 million), except I would expect the second season to be a team option instead of a player option because of his age.

Stephen_A and HP3 like this.
  11. ipaman

I like the 1+1 year structure but he's MLE salary range for me. Sadly I think Morley made him promises and broke those promises when Morley "retired" to spend more time with his family :rolleyes:

paboy1984, fattz and studogg like this.
  12. YaoMingsSoulja

yea he should've stayed in the corner, but why is no one pointing the finger at Harden? It was clear tucker was in the paint and was guarded. Why make that pass? Why not take the shot? Why not throw it to the wide open Christian Wood at the 3 point line? Harden choked, it's that simple. Don't expect Tucker to make the right play, but you should expect Harden to make the right play.

13. DVauthrin

2 years, $19 million in total contract value is MLE money. Ibaka received the full, non-taxpayer MLE from the Clippers.

HP3 and ipaman like this.
  14. ipaman

Do we know he wants that or will take that? Do we know Stone's offer?

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That’s because they don’t show it on replays. Lol!!!!

HP3 likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They put him on Dame who blew right by him the only way we even went to OT was that Dame missed a wide open 5 footer at the buzzer with PJ 4 feet behind on the move.

He continually tries to take any rebound he has back up and gets his **** stuffed in his face because he is too short.

Instead of being in the corner on the last second - where he should have been he cut to the basket removing Harden's passing angle.....

We need to move him along, he is no longer worth the contract he is currently getting paid.

DD

charlieaustin, fattz, Milos and 3 others like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

You are a horrible talent evaluator...horrible.

D-rock likes this.
  18. DaDakota

The Rookies gave us more than PJ Tucker did, he is not worth the 10m a year - we are paying for him, and he is not getting any younger.

I mean you are slobbering the knob of a guy who is a hustler, but little else at this point in his career.

Let him go.....let him go.....don't need him no mo.....let him go...let him go......

Don't get attached to hustle players, they are easily replaceable.....PJ Tucker's time is done.....he had a great career...at this point he is a hanger on end of rotation on his way to end of the bench player.

Sorry that you can't see it yet...but you will.

DD

charlieaustin and fattz like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

11 boards oat 6'5 while being our best defensive player. You talk like Tillman.

He's the best corner three point shooter in the game and one game isnt gonna change that goof.

No because you are wrong and you arent good at evaluating basketball why would I listen to you?

He's not easily replaceable. Sheesh....what do you watch when you see the game. It sure as hell isnt the defensive side.

No...I dont think i will, especially when you back up anything you say. The facts are not on your side.

Stephen_A and D-rock like this.
  20. DaDakota

Yawn - 11 boards on the most overated stat on the game, the one that effects it the least.

And at least 2 or more of those rebounds were him trying to tip it up and in....and it was shoved down his short throat.

He is a rugged tough player who can give you 5-6 minutes, but as soon at that time goes by he gets tired, and can't keep up anymore - he is getting old.

He is just not worth the 10m a year we are paying him, we need more out of a player making that amount of money.

He is DONE.....done like dinner......

We will be better when Silas finally moves him to the bench for younger more athletically talented players.

DD - the savant - who sees things before soft snowflakes like HP3