1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2020-21]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by primtim24, Sep 3, 2020.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Ezekial Elliot is out. Do I play Tony Pollard or Jeff Wilson? This is to go to the championship

I have the same situation, I’m going with Cooks, he’s due for a game IMO

ktex likes this.
  2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I have the same quiestion in the RB, I will play Wilson, better matchup, I have also Gus Edwards now that is Ingram is out, so idk

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I got Gus Edwards vs Jags and since Ingram is out, im thinking about him?

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... crazy week. The question, start Hurts or Brees. We are seeing that Hurts was the right call. Congrats to anyone that went that way. The Cooks or Coutee... well, Coutee had the TD. Also the game ending fumble. But I was wrong, Coutee was the correct play. Wilson scored a short TD, but Pollard got two TDs, and way more yards.

Unfortunately for me... I played Bowden over Ahmed. Ahmed had the TD and 110+ yards.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

yep, Hurts got me in the championship game, I won by 5 points, I was wrong about Bowden, he didnt play well..

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Alright, its championship week. I've never won my own league that I commish and this is year 9 lol. Made the finals multiple times but never won, so I'll take any thought I can get haha. I feel comfortable with the options I have at least.

12 team .5 ppr btw

Locked in already: Kicker (Koo), Defense (Cleveland), RBs (Aaron Jones and whoever starts for Dallas, Elliot/Pollard) and WRs (Ridley, Godwin, Cooks)

Bigger Questions

Quarterback:
    Deshaun vs CIN
    Aaron Rogers vs TEN

Tight End:
    Austin Hooper @ NYJ
    Mike Gesicki @ LV

Flex: BIGGEST QUESTION
    Jeff Wilson @ Ari
    TY Hilton @ Pit
    Keke Coutee vs Cin
    John Brown @ NE

7. NewRoxFan

I'd start Jeff Wilson. In fact, I am starting Jeff Wilson (over McKissic). Good luck!

rhino17 likes this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

good call, I went with Wilson and he's already got enough points for me to be happy with his performance

gracias

9. NewRoxFan

Happy it worked for you and hopefully you won your championship. While starting Wilson worked for me... sitting McKissic and starting Dal Cook and Austin Ekeler turns out to have been the wrong move for me (I know, who would sit those two?).

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I did! Took me 9 years but I finally won the league I commish

NewRoxFan likes this.
  11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yeah dont feel bad, it cant be wrong, to sit your superstar, who has made a lot of points, especially in the championship, tough luck, goos luck next year!

NewRoxFan likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Just joined my first Dynasty SF/TE league and have 1.01 that I planned to use on Mahomes. Received a trade offer: his 1.06, his 2.07, and his 11.06 in 2021 for my 1.01, my 5.01, and my 9.01. Guessing it means dropping down to get maybe Josh Allen or Herbert or a RB1. Any advice would be appreciated... no clue about Dynasty.

13. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

so i drafted the TE pitts...thinking since ATL D sucks...that they'd be playing catch up most games...didn't realize their O was so terrible as well. forgive me, been out of the fantasy game for a few years.

should i be looking at getting rid of him and finding someone else. just seems he's underperformed all year. assuming he's just seeing double teams so hes taken out of the equation for matty ice.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would hold for now. Decent target share.

15. NewRoxFan

I agree with @Astrodome . He is not only getting good target share but he is also lining up all over the field (split out as well as in line) so ATL is trying to get him mismatches and room to operate. The opportunities are definitely there. The biggest problem is more the offense and Matt Ryan, and hopefully last week was a positive sign.

btw, Ridley is also struggling but there is positive regression coming with him. If anything I would be trying to trade for Pitts (and especially Ridley). AT some point the teams will pay more attention to Patterson and Pitts (and Ridley) will both ramp up.

btw, I drafted Pitts in the fourth round of my Scott Fish Bowl league. So yea, I made a big investment, but SFB uses a TE premium, and overall TE is such a wasteland that if you didn't draft Kelce or Waller you are a big disadvantage so the next tier (Kittle, Hock, Pitts, Andrews, maybe Fant) you are basically throwing darts at volatile production.

16. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

kareem hunt vs LAC
    or
    james connor vs SF

17. NewRoxFan

Sorry, I just saw this. But I think the correct answer (unless injured) will always be Kareem Hunt. Unless Edmonds is hurt, Conner is simply a goal line back. So he may get a TD or two, but Hunt will have a bigger part of the Browns offense and CLV prioritizes the running game.

18. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

no prob i did end up going with hunt...worked out nicely.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  19. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

sooo looks like hunt is out...

who do i pick up? who even is the other RB for the browns?

should i slot connor from AZ in or look to pick someone else up?

20. NewRoxFan

The other RBs in CLE are D'Ernest Johnson and Demetric Felton. Johnson is more a NFL sized RB but kinda slow and would likely get the start. Felton is small, and has played a bit of WR along with RB. Its likely he would play obvious third down passing situations. In many leagues both have been picked up already, and to be honest, if not there are probably other RB alternatives that may make more sense. Like Rashaad Penny in SEA... Carson is out, Collins got hurt, and Penny is coming off IR this week.

Conner would also seem a reasonable alternative... he gets all the goal line chances and outplayed Edmonds (who for some reason doesn't get played much in ARI).