1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monbear

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Dec 25, 2020.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

CP3s muscles are disintegrating, he playing so hard, and Diva Harden won't make a cut, or join half court set...

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh but what about "4 vs 3" offense that Harden "creates" by standing around the half court line during an offensive set? o_O

The level of apologetics you see regarding Harden's laziness on court is so laughable.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay you need to flat out stop this crap. Cp3 had a problem because he couldnt play like he wanted to. He plays the exact same offense in OKC that he does here. They were 3rd in isos last year. And he doesnt set up Shai or Schroder nor do they do anything to help him. Ive watched their offense.

Patience and Nook like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

confession, i was a defender of harden and the 4v4 in the half court set IF... his man stayed with him. that said, CP3 is a HOF PG and he knew that movement off the ball could/would have an impact against a set defense. in simple terms, harden could have used his gravity in many ways but he chose only one way which was the simplest, laziest.

don grahamleone and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

Dear lord. Just because CP3 isos doesn't mean he wants James Harden to stand around near the half court line.

CP3 when he dominates the ball dominates it definitely than the way Harden does. Harden usually stays dribbling in one spot until his defender reaches and then he either does his step back or straight line drive to the rim. CP3 doesn't do that nearly as much. Rather CP3 probes the defense constantly moving and dribbling waiting for a pick to attack or a teammate to move off ball with a cut or some other off ball action.

Harden being one of the best scorers in the league, draws gravity and him being involved in the set where he can move off ball can create confusion on the defense which can cause a wide open look.

6. fchowd0311

I just don't know what the purpose of a 4 v 4 is especially when it requires your best offensive weapon out of the play.

Defenses make more mistakes when there is off ball movement especially with someone with the gravity of Harden. They know Harden isn't going to heave a half court shot. So they aren't worried about Harden out there.

ipaman likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Its too bad Shai and Schroder do the same thing.

Ben Taylor had Cp3 not even as a top 10 passer in the league and had Harden number 6, Cp3's playmaking ability is limited now. Also Cp3 isnt getting help from either of them. THEY DONT MOVE. Thunder dont motion. Get the hell outta here, he's still dominating the ball. So sick of you not backing up what you say.

Ok cool? That's provides better offense than what Cp3 can provide. I dont know what your point is here.

8. fchowd0311

Harden is a better player than CP3 at this point of their careers. That's obviousll and I never stated otherwise.

My point is that CP3 throughout his career in the playoffs has been more efficient and shows up more than Harden outside of the injuries and doesn't fold no where near as much as Harden. CP3's leadership and on court intensity and b-ball iq was one of the largest reasons why the Rockets went up 3-2 on the Warriors.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Spurs game was weird bad, reminds me of Kobe’s weird game 7 in 2006 vs Phoenix. That’s on Harden.

If we’re talking Game 6 vs Clippers yeah, Harden’s teammate’s stepped up, hell they’re millionaires too. Harden played well in game 7.

But if you miss a quarter of every season (leaving one guy to carry the load) , ALWAYS HURT in the playoffs, and you want to be paid max money to be on the sidelines grand standing coaching for cameras then yeah I kind think CP3 b****es out. He labels himself as a dawg and says he’s built for the playoffs when he’s ALWAYS hurt. Look I know that Harden is a POS, loser, whiny, choke artist, flawed player & personality but why doesn’t the mighty CP3 HAVE A RING? And why does he always get a pass?

Nook likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

Man I remember we had assholes like you who would put down and insult dudes in our company that got injuries during training in the field that were out of their control.

Those guys are now ******* cops too so go figure.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay? But all this talk about Harden not helping Cp3 out by not moving is a false narrative.

Hmmm...maybe? This requires a statistical analysis(as well as film) that neither you nor I have done. I wouldnt be surprised if Cp3 was.

12. fchowd0311

It's not a false narrative. I watched all the games. I've seen our offense stagnant when Harden just stands around. This has always been a problem and I don't think you will ever change your mind on this so I don't know why I bother.

13. Nook

Nook Member

That makes perfect sense to me.

DonKnock and HP3 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

How so? Why would Perkins know Fertitta?

Nook likes this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So CP3 gets a pass and Harden had to go 1 All Star vs 4 All- Stars to win and he’s expected to win ? Against a team nobody in the West beat for 5 years! And I’m the *******? Ok dude. LMFAO!!!!!

BUT CP3 IS BUILT FOR THIS!

vator and Nook like this.
  16. fchowd0311

Why do you keep on framing it as "CP3 gets a pass"?

No, he got injured. It was out of his control. He exerted max effort. Maybe I guess you can complain that he exerted too much effort where his hamstring tore and that is his fault but how the **** does that make him a b****?

It would be so ironic if this is coming from a dude who has loved a sedentary lifestyle their entire lives.

Harden gets criticized because he shrinks and internalizes frustration during playoff series.

Harden isn't the type of guy like Kobe or Wade were when their team is struggling or when he's struggling, he'll do something like sprint the length of the court and do a chase down block to rile up his team. No, Harden is the type that sulks, puts his head down and slow walks everywhere when things don't go his way. That's why Harden "doesn't get a pass".

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Kobe and Dwade played on talented teams when they won championships. And their co stars saw the fight all the way through. When the talented team mates left Dwade and Kobe were teams that were non factors. They didn’t rule up a damn thing. Hell Kobe asked for a trade himself at one point. Part of ability is availability, CP3 wasn’t built for a long playoff run to the Finals.

Nook likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

Everything you said is irrelevant to my points. Harden sulks rather than get angry and try to kick it up a gear when he or his team is struggling.

19. Nook

Nook Member

It makes sense to me because I have seen them court side together a few times talking and sitting next to each other.

Tilman has been really involved in the greater Houston area sports scene for 25 years and fund raisers and galas. Perkins is also involved in a lot of the same things.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So what Western Conference star would have got angry , “kicked it up a gear “ and beat the Warriors?