1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monbear

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Dec 25, 2020.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Nyuk nyuk, why I outta.....

there - trying to relate on your level. Not sure you can make it up to ours

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay dude......lets have it your way then. I'll go through your post piece by piece.
    It's not a joke when your Coach, GM, Second best player, best defensive player and best player want out.

Two wrongs dont make a right, But Les never got a 65 win team, Tillman got that on his way in, Les was on his way out. Either way this is deflection. Chris Paul is not a crappy contract. Look at what has happend since we traded him. He's a winner and a great player. If we had him we might still be contenders and would have done significantly better last year. Chris Paul was traded FOR ASSETS. He's that good, not a good argument at all.

To say Tillman didnt have a big part in this trade when the man went on live tv and said he did is blatantly ignorant. No one here has denied Harden's involvement.

Dwight Howard was not a super star here and quickly declined. He was not adequate help. Chris Paul was a superstar for one year and had a down year the next. Russel Westbrook......lol alright. That's revisionist history. And Chris Paul did not ask out. Russel Westbrook also did not leave because of Harden. Dwight Howard went through like 6 different teams after he left Houston.
    He's acting like an idiot yes, that is incredibly clear. Him going out is just dumb.

He hasnt so far. His handling of Covid has been piss poor. That report looks like its being confirmed right now. LOL dude 2018-2019 we had a championship team, we needed just a little more. All those Warrior games were super close....but well LTS. Ruined our chances when we needed it. Then the dude did the same the very next year, despite lying and saying he would.

This is putting lipstick on a pig.

Morey is a GM for another team now because Tillman got way more involved than he should have. Its on thing to be cheap, but its another to interfere with your GM. Him quitting was pretty damn abrupt. He's doing what all GMs do.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Morley is overrated, carried by a Harden trade where even he would admit he got lucky.

I didn't say constantly, I said when it counts. Pop, Kerr out wit him at the end of games. up in the 4th of game 7, 0-27, can't coach his team up to hit a couple of midrange to keep the scoreboard moving. Damn shame he is too stubborn and didn't have the fortitude to meet the occasion.

sushimaster likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Nope, he isnt. And the most analysts in the NBA all know that he isnt.

Oh lets take a look at Kerr and Pop now without all that talent on their roster...............oh lol.

5. ipaman

They all want to pretend that CP3 didn't challenge Harden to man up and Harden threw a fit several times including at the end. They all want to forget that Harden didn't say "I know what we need to do..." after another playoff failure.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Why dont you go check the numbers for Harden and Paul that series and get back to me.

7. studogg

The coach wanted out- so the f what. We upgraded. D’antoni is a big reason we are in this mess and is a known locker room cancer when unhappy.

Westbrook wanted out - we wanted Westbrook out too. It was a horrible fit and confirmed reports from people with access to practices confirmed that the team was becoming divided between rus peeps and harden peeps. Russ didn’t want to play with Harden anymore but they are friends and didn’t want to **** on each other in the media.

GM wants out - Moreys b**** ass was quite obviously tampering and created the full environment that cow-towed to the greasy beard. The ungaurdable tour? ****ing laughable. Moreys track record over the last several years? Just as bad because all his promises came due. Gordon’s contract, Paul’s contract, and now dumb mother tuckers. He kept promising pay days this owner has to handle.

James wants out - yeah. He’s being a b**** and wants it easy.

yeah. Your logic is flawless.

sushimaster, ak99999 and ipaman like this.
  8. ipaman

look at this child...

sushimaster likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Known locker room cancer when unhappy? Bro please. Dont act like any coach could win with Russ playing like he was. Mike hasnt been perfect and he was not good against the Lakers but you dont get to boil down a dude's entire tenure to one playoff series. Really??? Mike is the reason we traded for Westbrook...that's news to me.

Sure. That doesnt change the fact that Tillman is trash. And that his handling of Covid as well as other things have been trash too. Member that report? Oh really? Show me said reports of it being "divided" between Russ and Harden LOL. Please show me that.

All organizations treat their superstars differently. The ungurdabte tour what a crappy argument. Hahahaha, these bad contracts hmmmm....great GREAT arguments. This whole paragraph is so much nothing.

Mmhmmm

This was a waste of time.

10. studogg

My argument is structured in logic. Yours is based off covid which cracks me up.

mine is off of known facts.

yours is from durants new fake Twitter account - monbear

#110 studogg, Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO your argument is trash and full of hatred for the people who want to leave the Rockets. You have a Tillman bias. And acting like Covid protocols not being important is the ultimate stupidity.

Yea sure dude, known facts which you have given no evidence for.

Nope. Mine is off multiple reports. It's not just his account which three reporters have followed. Mine is off what Tillman has said, mine is off the fact that Morey is said he was leaving for family and got a new job a week later LOL. Then the Rockets lying about the coaching candidates knowing about this when it wasnt the case. Oh yea....also about Tillman lying about LTS multiple times.

12. studogg

agree to see the situation differently. And I’m not admonishing Tilman of his behavior, but I can empathize with someone who paid $2.4B for a franchise - only to sees it’s value eroded by Morey tweeting about Hong Kong. Then to deal with a global economic disaster and be faced with exhorbitant payroll for a team that’s just not good enough.

HP3 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Ok...we'll leave it at that.

studogg likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I am not privy to Fertitta’s finances other than what is reported on the news or what I know of the markets. What I can say is that Tilman can take his hospitality holdings public and likely raise a great deal of capital doing so. That should keep him solvent for sometime. Now a longer COVID situation or perhaps a series of poor business decisions on the restaurant side could likely take him down over the next few years but that is not too likely. Tilman has proven to be exceptionally good at raising funding and I suspect that he long term may profit from COVID as he will be in a position to buy more distressed restaurants that have no funding for pennies on the dollar and profit.

Only thing I have ever heard about the Rockets is that he views it as a legacy acquisition for his family and future generations because it is hard to screw up. That the Rockets would be the last thing he would give up and he will do everything to have complete ownership.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I will just ask when is the last time that the 5 most important people on the basketball side of an NBA franchise all wanted out or left within a 4-5 month span? That is unheard of, and that is a reflection of ownership and the tactics and attitudes promoted by ownership.

Whether James Harden is or isn’t a Rocket is smaller than the over reaching organizational problem.

16. studogg

Fair points but don’t paint harden a victim of circumstance. His signature is all over this.

Boogie didn’t seem to have a hard time playing for Tilman.

sushimaster likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

CP3 grandstanding. He misses a quarter of each season and wants to coach everyone. Who did he get traded to again?

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

For the purpose of historical accuracy, let’s be sure we note Alexander was never given a 65 win team but a back-to-back championship team. He then proceeded to do just enough with that to maintain respectability and protect his investment but never really swung for the fences. I don’t care for Ferntits, but Alexander squandered plenty of opportunity during his ownership.

sushimaster, HP3 and studogg like this.
  19. ipaman

CP3 was trying to LEAD!!! Harden couldn't handle the tough love!!

But worst of all, WEAK AF coach who watches his two leaders kill the morale of his teammates(watch everyone's faces) and does NOTHING. Meek and weak minded coach!

sushimaster, ak99999 and studogg like this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Harden has beaten him 2X’s head to head. WTF are you even. talking about? CP3 has never been to a Conference Final before he played with James. And when it got to nut cutting time CP3 grabbed his hamstring at put on a suit. What has he won? His yapping gets old. It’s happened everywhere he’s been

jiggyfly and vator like this.