1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Rockets staffer tested positive, more players facing quarantine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

How is this controversial? Leadership and accountability from one's peers matters. You think MJ or Kobe would have been out at Boss Lady clubs when they could be kept off the floor because of it? Partying with rappers instead of getting ready for training camp? Think they would have been just fine with haircut day? No, they would have been setting an example and kicking asses.

2. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everything went to total **** once dah rail more eee left us. This man is a vengeful man releasing chaos and destruction amongst our organizations

[​IMG]

BigM and B-Bob like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Well ****, I fall asleep early and this the **** I wake up to.

A lot of craziness in this thread based on pent of frustration about Harden's desire to be traded. Facts are that it isn't Harden's fault teammates got infected, however, Harden should not be out breaking league protocol either so of course individuals are angry at him.

There is nothing to hold Cousins/Wall accountable on either if they caught this **** getting a haircut at someone's apartment. They didn't break protocol and didn't think they would get COVID either, so whatever. Seems like more of an unlucky break.

We don't know where Ben and KJ got their virus from, so I am not sure how angry with can be at them. We may never know either since no one really cares. Lol.

How a staffer, I have no idea either where he got it from.

This is COVID world outside the bubble. I don't know what the Rockets are doing wrong or if they are just very unlucky. One thing I do know, I am tired of management hiding away from the media like little b****es. If this is due to Tilman, then **** him to (**** him regardless). It also sucks that all other organizations seems to be doing okay thus far, so I really do want to be angry at Tilman more than anybody, but without having real insight into the organization it's really tough to be pointing fingers at everyone.

5. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

I heard it was Harden’s bellboy

6. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i'm thinking it's just more of an unlucky break/bad timing. other teams also had covid issues during training camp/pre-season (eg. warriors had wiseman and donkey out due to covid), but the rockets just had to catch it right before tipoff of the first game of the regular season.

whether or not you adhere to all the protocols, you still have a chance of catching covid. obviously it's bad optics with harden out partying in clubs without a mask, but like you said, we shouldn't really be pointing fingers at anyone on the team bc we have no clue who or where the infection might have originated from. it's only a matter of time before several other teams in the nba have to deal with this same issue in the coming months with no bubble environment and with all that travel involved.

ElPigto likes this.
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The Rockets organization should just infect all of us rocket fans so we can stay away from the team

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well duh James could lead by example and stay out the clubs and give his money to Tilman for COVID procedures.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  9. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Undefeated!

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

....and we have a 1/2 game lead on the Lakers!!!!!

D-rock and charlieaustin like this.
  11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

your posts are usually fair, informed and unbiased. This one, not so much.

rockets had their training facilities updated in 2013 but didn’t have the space left to properly update practice court(s).

Tilman - prior to this massive economic collapse that has impacted everyone on the planet - was looking at building practice facilities.

With respect to scouts - Morey had his analytics and never drafted in the first round. So freeing up wasted money on scouting and placing it elsewhere made sense. As long as we still have harden - we will likely need to operate similarly.

political affiliations shouldn’t dictate public perception

raining threes likes this.
  12. YaoMingsSoulja

omfg dude this is the worst start to any season ive watched in rockets history. 2021 can't come fast enough man.

D-rock likes this.
  13. MettaWorldPete

I believe ultimately people are morally responsible for their own actions, but on a practical level leadership and culture affects people.

It’s certainly within the realm of possibility that if TF and Harden took this more seriously, the rest of the team would do. That doesn’t mean it’s primarily their own fault any one person got it. Likewise, even if they took it seriously, some knucklehead could still do something stupid like House in the bubble. But it’s hard to believe there’s no connection whatsoever between the star and owner not giving a **** about covid and the fact that we are currently the league’s covid poster child.

D-rock, raining threes and BamBam like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

#194 J.R., Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

who can actually play?

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. jim petersen84

Kary mullis the inventor of this pcr test they are using stated on the record the pcr is not meant to detect a virus.

Who the **** are you anyway? I dont need no mad dog over aggressive chump like you coming at me like some kind of gate keeper for big pharm. You must work for them considering how triggered you became.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

why are you quoting yourself? Lmao. This paper is written by less than 20 people, and by no means represents the body of knowledge regarding COVID-19. Other experts consistently disagree with their conclusions as well. If you think measuring one body of experts counts as exhaustive research, then you are part of the problem.

Please don’t quote yourself anymore. Lmao.

18. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Are you r****ded or just a Russian alt right troll bot?

first of all Kary Mullins died in 2019 never commented on COVID.

you’re also misinterpreting his quotes on PCR testing. PCR testing takes known DNA sequences and amplifies them to assess if that genetic sequence is present in obtained samples. He states what you obtain from PCR is knowledge on if that sequence is present. So if you take a sequence known for CoVId it is a reliable test to detect its presence in patients.

Since you’re obviously influenced by alt right Russian misinformation it’s easy to figure out you’re referring to the conspiracy theory going around in the summer by Facebook that Mulis stated pcr isn’t meant for covid. So again mulis died before covid and you’re misinterpreting his quotes from an article not even written by him.

again multiple societies in medicine including the IDSA ( infectious disease society of America) and the CDC recommend nucleus acid amplification testing.

so you are wrong.

and as for me I’m a medical IcU doctor and pulmonologist who has been taking care of covid patients for the last year. So of course I’d be pissed that your tactless and factless claims even exist. I put my life on the line to take care of patients with this disease. So shut the **** up with the lies and misinformation. Get your facts straight and then come at me.

19. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

What are you talking about? These are guidline statements. Those 20 people represent the experts in the field of Infectious disease and microbiology. Guidelines in medicine usually are made by a global group of experts in the field. They then do a systematic search of the medical literature and make graded recommendations for multiple scientific questions. In medicine we do see our guidelines change but in regards to testing for an infectious etiology there are only so many ways to test.

you can check to grow the virus itself, visualize the virus in samples, look for the body’s response to the infection with antibodies, or look for genetic material consistent with a known virus. We utilize all of these forms in medicine. We culture, visualize, look for antibodies , and check for antigens. The quickest way to screen for a virus is genetic probe testing. So in these circumstances which agree with expert global medical guidelines PCr is the way to test. To argue against that is to argue against science and medicine. Sure we can improve but there is no better way to screen patients faster or more accurately.

D-rock likes this.
  20. raining threes

Thanks for your service.

When it comes to the Covid-19 I believe there are going to end up being two kinds of people. 1. Those that have been infected by the Covid-19. 2. Those that are going to be infected by the Covid-19.

I'm a believer in Rand Paul stance on Covid-19. Do you find it odd that states like California/New York/New Jersey who have had the toughest govt mandates have had the worst outbreaks of Covid-19?