1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Rockets staffer tested positive, more players facing quarantine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 24, 2020.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I get that, man, I understand what you’re saying. I’m saying that I do think he has zero accountability here. We just disagree. There’s nothing about my post that isn’t truthful.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Looks at who owns the team...

Well, I'm not too surprised by that. Sad that a staffer and a bench player that's lucky to be on the team will be the reason the Rockets don't start the season until...man, probably until next week if we're lucky.

HP3 likes this.
  3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

With this all the way, too many fanboys on here playing checkers and just seeing what they want to see. Worse yet, for someone who wants nothing, nothing at all, to do with this team. His reckless lack of leadership is even worse yet, because it's actually in spite of us, it's him deliberately acting out. Check out how Washington handled Haskins for this very same reason, minus the tantrums and trade requests...

Sooner423, daywalker02 and RasaqBoi like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

well we have to disagree. This, "you do you, I do me" on a team is a foreign concept to me when you are progressing toward one singular goal. Maybe that would work when we weren't in the middle of a pandemic since only what happens on court matters (it worked for shaq and kobe), but now leadership extends beyond the court because now your actions off court will affect everyone around you and who is playing games..

Harden just following the rules IMO goes a long way in signaling to your teammates this is serious.

If Harden wears a mask, and is following protocol, how do you blame him for anything besides being disgruntled? You can't.

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

So we ever gonna start the season or nah?

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets organization has really eroded.

The model of management and scouting/player development is badly outdated and low on resources. There haven’t been improvements to the practice facilities as far as I know. The organization has promoted people from the business side to the basketball side which saves money for ownership but also leads to a major lack of experience either playing or coaching in the NBA in the Rockets front office.

The most talented employees of the Rockets have left the organization or are trying to. Last I checked the Rockets were still operation with one scout.

There is a lack of willingness to financially expand or invest in the organizational structure of the team and there is a lack of leadership and common culture to unite the organization.

It is now standing operating procedure to badmouth in the media and ex employees and scape goat rather than solve problems.

Silas can prove to be a really good coach and Stone a master negotiator but the lack of resources out outdated model of the organization is going to severely hold the Rockets back.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

lets see if I can do this right. This is also probably harden's fault lol

Nook, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

So if all this is true(the only thing I doubt is Stone being a master negotiator) then Im wondering how much they were actually allowed to spend on Covid procedures.....

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, anyone want to take a guess?

D-rock likes this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I still think it’s important to lead by example, I guess I just don’t think it applies to covid. I agree with you that it can’t be “you do you, I do me” mentality on a team. If my boss shows up late and leaves early and plays games on his phone while he’s working I’ll assume those things are okay. But I don’t look to my boss for covid protocols. If my boss didn’t wear a mask and went out and partied I’d just think he’s an idiot. I’m looking to him for setting a work culture example, not for how I treat covid protocols.

The line is obviously blurred a bit here because the way you treat covid has a direct impact on the team, but it still just seems a step too far to blame harden for other guys ignoring the league protocols, even when harden does the same.

That doesn’t mean he deserves no blame for his own actions - I still think he sucks for what he did in Atlanta and Vegas, and for this stupid party he went to for his friend becoming a boss. I’m not a harden stan and I’ve done a complete 180 on him after the way he’s behaved this year. I wish he would wear a mask and stop his off court idiocy.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

This organisation is such a joke and I’m sorry but the fact that a dumb Trump supporting ass redneck is at the helm it shouldn’t be surprising. Southerners are overwhelmingly more prone to being right wing, conspiracy believing, gun toting ignorant ***** who do not take this virus seriously. The proof is right here how lack of professionalism and protocol within the organisation has lead to positive testing.

D-rock likes this.
  11. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

We're undefeated

daywalker02, jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

For all the btching about Harden and leadership, our owner or our front office is doing an extremely poor job in preventing this outbreak from occurin.

vlaurelio and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

It doesnt matter, it was Harden's fault.

You cant convince stupid people otherwise.

YOLO, DatRocketFan and vlaurelio like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure. But I think u should blame upper management for this. Harden does play a role, but if upper management puts out more strict guidelines or rules then this outbreak would have been better control.

We can all point fingers and call people out, but if House fked up during the playoffs for recklessness, why isn't upper management being held accountable for preventing this sht from occurring once more.

Harden may look like a dumbass, but if u can't rely on him to lead, is upper management not doing anything? Lol grown ass men and here we are blaming others for not taking care of them. I just find it funny when the majority of this forum like to blame solely one player for this outbreak instead of fking upper management. (not referring to u, of course)

D-rock, Rocket River and daywalker02 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just do not engage.

forchette49 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You'll need at least 13 players to last a season and not 8........;)

topfive likes this.
  17. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This is all because of the LOF's

18. hakeemthagreat

No, it's Melo's selfishness. Also throw in Kenneth Faried & Elson Turner

19. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Dude shut the **** up. You don’t know anything about medicine and you keep posting garbage from a suspected Russian disinformation site. This isn’t up for debate you’re wrong from a scientific standpoint. There’s no debating or opinions. You’re WRONG. Science is science.

Instead of linking bullshit (which if you read btw you’d see that they validate the test but aren’t sure about infectious risk. This is stated in multiple articles you linked) to validate your opinion how about you look up trusted scientific papers or guidelines that all say to screen for covid by NAAT. Here’s the link to IDSA guidelines which are made by expert physicians in the field of infectious disease based off all the available data on the topic.

https://www.idsociety.org/practice-guideline/covid-19-guideline-diagnostics/

DVauthrin likes this.
  20. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Harden was the lone gunman on the grassy knoll. Kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.

D-rock likes this.