1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anyone see Russ jack up a bunch of mid rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pr0wler, Dec 24, 2020.

1. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

And 3 of them bounced like 4 times off the rim, and somehow went in? And still only 9-21. Would've been 6-21 if were not for some lucky bounces.

Also notice how the defense sags back like the Lakers did.

John Wall > Russell Westbrook

2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Looked like the same old Westbrook. Horribly inefficient scoring, stuffed the stat sheet, turnovers, poor defensive effort, including a defensive lapse that lost them the game giving up that Simmons dunk. But hey, a triple double.

3. HardenVolumeOne

John wall is closer to cp3 than to westbrick. John has speed but rarely uses it out of control all the time like Russ(wall plays at a slow pace). Wall is a true floor general not a stathunter. I also don’t cringe when wall shoots because he has better shot mechanics than Russ. Russ shoots the ball on the way down a lot of the time

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

9-22 is not good!

DD

Joe Rocket likes this.
  5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The media has been polishing his brick laying performance all day.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Check Jaylen Brown's performance against the Bucks. No polishing needed.

Reeko, Patience and clos4life like this.
  7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Did anyone see Harden jack up anything?

8. Denovo

Denovo Member

Westbrook shot 6-13 from midrange. And a plus 10 for the game. That’s not bad lol.

He wasn’t the problem. They just got out coached. No way you let Doc sub out Simmons for a shooter so Embiid can iso Robin Lopez 8 times straight without making a serious adjustment.

If you watched the whole game WAS is better than Philly. And that was without their 3rd best player in Hachimura.

Their bench is dog **** tho. Could probably swap most of them out for g leaguers and it would be an improvement.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Oh 6-13 is not bad at all. But still the equivalent of less than 0.333 from 3, and if not for some favourable bounces off the rim that could easily be 3-13.

If I'm a Westbrook fan, I'm not super excited about a lucky/above average outcome still being an inefficient night lol

HP3 likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you're a Westbrook fan, you likely wouldn't know enough about basketball to worry about efficiency in the first place, you'd just keep going on about "triple double bruh" or something to that effect.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

That was an abomination to watch. My goodness Doc straight out coached WAS and it was just sooo painfully obvious

Denovo and pr0wler like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not to talk **** about Russ, at this point i don't care and it doesn't really matter, but even if i didn't even watch the game, as soon as i saw he was 3-11 shooting plus 4-5 ass/reb on the boxscore i knew what was up lol.

pr0wler, D-rock, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

but that “energy”! His teammates “loved” it!

14. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

What I watched was how ineffective Simmons makes Embiid. They may have won the game but they still have serious spacing issues. I’m not even sure we should want Simmons.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm sure that we do NOT want Simmons. I don't care how good you are at everything else, if you're not a good shooter you can't play in today's NBA and expect to win.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Better to be inefficient and win than to be inefficient and lose.

Also Simmons was 3-3 in last minutes of game. So your comparison rings hollow.

17. today

today Contributing Member

I'm having a problem with the website, it's only letting me like this post 1 time, instead of the 50,000 that I would like to do.

Ding Dong, the Russ is gone! I can watch Rockets basketball again.... LOVE IT !!!!

Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

we shouldn’t...building around a guy that can’t shoot a lick and has been stuck at 16 ppg since his 1st day in the league is a huge L and a waste of time

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thinly-disguised DISH thread

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. pippsux

pippsux Member

The dude had his most efficient season when he was here and got to the 2nd round, then when he sucked in the playoffs, he spewed some bs about "culture". What was the culture in OKC when he was gettn bounced in the 1st round every time with the ball in his hands? He just cares about his trip doubs that's it! Wiz are my B team and even I wasn't excited about Westbrook being here.