1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

Put the man under house arrest!!!

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

So zero missed games.

daywalker02 and Chasing_Chase like this.
  3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think they should trade him if there's a respectable offer. I seriously doubt his behavior is going to improve.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

League accomodating.

BigM likes this.
  5. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

You don't sell stocks when they're at lowest value. Unless Harden refuses to play or does something truly disruptive to team chemistry, you might as well see what you have and wait for serious offers. Not sure why people are in a rush to get back trash in a deal. Superstars don't grow on trees.

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

You do if the stock showing absolutely no signs of a turn around. Cut your losses

Htown's Finest and BigggReddd like this.
  7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The problem with that is, nobody knows where or when that stocks lowest value is. The value could continue to plummet until the price of the share is $0.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is the way people lose their entire fortunes sometimes. No one knows if the value will be lower tomorrow. There is another idea called "cut your loses."

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I think the opposite. I think by james responding to this on instagram he really does care what people think about him. He doesnt like how he is being portrayed and will do what he can so it doesnt continue or get worse.

#869 icewill36, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Jayzers_100 and D-rock like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People are being emotional, not rational, per usual.

Genesis, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Talk about a league / media conspiracy. @Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum, D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Happy holidays.

ElPigto likes this.
  13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I think netting Jaylen Brown (if possible) is the ideal scenario whether or not we don’t get quite as many picks as we want because his value is “low”. I think it’s the safest trade available at any time since he has a nice all-around game. Still wanna keep harden, but Brown should be the parameter.

HP3 likes this.
  14. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

I would accept Brown as well. Don't think the Celtics are all that interested in trading him though.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. Sooner423

Riding it out might feel less emotional and reactive, but there's plenty of precedent for that approach ending poorly. Look at what Toronto got for Vince Carter.

Counter examples might be Hakeem or Kobe, but those were different. I don't believe those 2 would have ever done anything that would have prevented them from getting on the floor and competing.

matchesmalone likes this.
  16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I was joking

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

So is Kawhi example same or different?

Kawhi hardly played for Spurs the season he was supposedly injured yet Spurs medically cleared him to play.

18. Sooner423

Kawhi would be a similar circumstance, yes. I'd have opted for younger players/picks/cap flexibility in that trade, as opposed to DeRozan.

19. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

The guy makes $40m plus per year.

I can appreciate all the stock talk but unless James is going through some serious personal crap that hasn’t come out yet do you really think he is going to continue to drive his own worth down?

I am glad Perk came out and told James to be a better pro.

Someone he listens to is going to get in his ear at some point and drop some harsh truth on him.

If this team is competitive 7 or 8 seed without him Stone will let him rot until he turns it around.

James doesn’t want to waste the next 3 years and go in free agency in 2024 with teams offering him 1 year deals at $16mil.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can't believe i'm saying this since at this point i was hellbent on moving Harden and tank to take advantage of the situation, but all things considered the Rockets might be better to just wait for now...Tilman probably won't tank anyway, and even if i know it'll probably be a bad season cause Harden will probably make it difficult for the team overall, the more i think about this the more i don't really like what we can do with a trade.

Simmons can't shoot and Ruch Paul probably wants him in LA with Davis at some point.

Brown is good but good luck with Ainge in taking back a fair package.

Porter is a great talent, probably THE player we should look to get back most, but his back is a big risk.

I don't know, the next draft is great apparently, maybe someone will be able and willing to make a better and less risky offer. Meanwhile Wall might gain some value if he has a solid season and we might be able to trade him easily.

cmoak1982, HP3 and D-rock like this.