1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden Cabinet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 7, 2020.

1. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Yang wanted a cabinet position. That was his goal after dropping out. He's going for Mayor, because Biden played him.

Honestly, can't believe how hard he shilled for Biden this past year only to not get ****.

Whatever. Neolibs gonna Neolib and Andrew was far too radical for them.

2. Buck Turgidson

This is just dumb.

I hope you're not this dumb.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

What part is dumb?

4. Buck Turgidson

The dumb part.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Great conversation.

6. Buck Turgidson

Biden hired Yang as part of his campaign, he's not interested in a Cabinet position, this has been made clear for weeks now. He wants to run for Mayor of NYC and build up his resume to run for serious office later. He's doing everything he should be doing so far.

Andre0087 and Dubious like this.
  7. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Lead with that next time instead of condescending nonsense.

Mayor is fine, but I think it's willful ignorance to think he wasn't angling for a decent cabinet position. He only distanced himself once it became obvious he wasn't getting a spot. I don't know a single Yang Ganger that thinks he didn't want to be in the cabinet.

8. Buck Turgidson

Ok, and you read before you lead next time.

#288 Buck Turgidson, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    jiggyfly and Dubious like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I know what the revolving door is but what facts do you have that this General is doing that?

Why do you continue to paint people with such a broad brush, what in his history brings you to this conclusion?

Its amazing how judgemental you are when you don't know all of the facts and you have yet to say why he would be the wrong person for the job except that he has been a consultant and he might be using the revolving door.

I find it unsavory as well but I am not as judgemental as you.

edwardc likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or you could just do some research or actually know what's going on before complaining about something?

Just sayin.

Did you really say talk about willful ignorance?

Oh the irony.

edwardc likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

All of it.

You are actually arguing that he wanted a cabinet position over being the mayor of NYC.

Really?

Why is that a better position?

12. Major

Major Member

The sense of entitlement amongst Yang supporters is amusing. This is a guy who was a sideshow in the campaign, got 0 delegates, and never topped 2-3% nationally. Outside of staying in the race longer, his performance was no different than Gabbard, Beto, Booker, or a handful of others. He waited until after Super Tuesday to endorse, when Biden had become the clear favorite, with this ringing endorsement: "I believe that Joe Biden will be the Democratic nominee and I've always said I'm going to support whoever the nominee is, so I hereby am endorsing Joe Biden." He contributed exactly nothing to Biden's success.

Why on earth would anyone expect Yang to get a cabinet spot for shilling for Biden? And what cabinet spot was he particularly qualified for or suited for? Why aren't Bloomberg or Beto or Booker or Klobuchar supporters as whiny about not getting cabinet spots for their candidates?

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

I am fascinated to see him run NYC. Perfect first job.

No Worries likes this.
  14. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Because it's guaranteed? And, he'll have more influence within the administration? Though this is certainly encouraging: https://www.businessinsider.com/and...humanity-forward-administration-2020-12?IR=T&

What research? This is all pure conjecture.

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

16. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

NewRoxFan likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Merrick Garland will be named as nominee for Attorney General. While Doug Jones and (especially) Sally Yates were both under consideration and great candidates, this choice should be an easy confirmation.

Interesting that Garland will step down from a lifetime appointment, but obviously his patriotism overweighed his personal benefits...

No Worries likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Actually now Biden can appoint a younger guy/gal to the DC Circuit, probably the most powerful circuit there is.

This is the kind of tactical use of judicial appointments the Democrats refused to do for years but the Reps did forever. Finally.

Dubious, ElPigto and NewRoxFan like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Great point... and while folks are hoping Biden and the new congress start pushing through progressive legislation, I'd like them to focus on judges and other infrastructural changes that have longer legs...

Blatz likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

And... 50 years old...